Quantcast

Jan/Feb Trip to Rays

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
yeah, leaving around 8 friday morning. hopefully back around 10 sunday night.

adam, i would volunteer my place for you to crash the night before, but my wife is sore enough about me being gone all weekend biking.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
yeah i understand corey

holy shiznit 8am departure

i really will have to come up the night before

for me to be there by 8 id have to be on teh rode by 430 at the latest
course id miss the traffice but damn thats a brutal wake up

cheap hotels near the shop?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
that's what time we usually leave for diablo in the summers ... you can always get someone else to drive the first few hours in your truck while you sleep.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
rider list is full at 16. http://www.dcstreet.com/?page_id=37

if you're on that list, and can't make it... let me know ASAP or i will hunt you down and get your $115 regardless. don't make us foot the bill for you.

-- more trip details --

to go on this trip:

have your name on that list above
show up at germantown cycles at 8am on Friday, February 10th
hand either phil or myself $115 in cash
load up and have a great weekend!

we will take care of gas, entry to ray's, and lodging at the holiday inn (rooms are reserved!). if there's cash left over at the end, we'll distribute it back to everyone evenly. any questions?

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
I went up to ray's last friday and rode and it is awsome. The best part was that most of the pros were in there practicing and basically just messing around. Kyle Strait and Chris Dechamps were unbelieveable. When you guys get there go look at the drops they have. The tall one on the right those guys were bunny hopping from the transition on to the top and manualling over the top and down the platform. It is so much better than last year as far as the number of lines and jumps. I hope you guys have as much fun as i did. When you guys get off on 98th heading towards walford just take 98 till it dead ends into walford. go to the end of walford go left then right to go behind the brick building in front of you and follow it all the way around to the back.

Tear it up

Jason

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Does anyone have an extra pair of flat pedals I might be able to borrow on saturday? I've realized all I have out here in Ohio are my mallets.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
They have quite a selection of parts and such at ray's if you just want to get pedals there.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
cool, looks like my math is screwed up once again ... it's a 6 hour trip, not an 8 hour trip!

http://www.blanksky.com/transfer/map/

i mapped it out with streets & trips and allowing for an hour breakfast stop, an hour lunch stop (probably won't be a whole hour, but that allows for gas stops as well) we should get there about 4:15... 45 minutes before they open.

group vote... do you want to bump the meeting time up to 9:00? traffic is still going to be hell, but we'll get an hour more sleep. it's up to you guys.

if you're on the list, could you do me a favor and PM me a phone number for each of you? there's some folks that are on the list that have only chimed in once ages ago and i need to be sure that you're still coming.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
corey_dcstreet said:
i've got an old set of A-frames i can bring for ya. you just going to be there for saturday?
I think so, I've got a lot of stuff for the coming week with regard to classes. The good news is I've finally gotten an official mtb club going on campus! Anyway if you could bring up those a-frames that'd be great, and depending on what ray's has I may just buy a pair too.

I can't wait!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
we're still meeting at 8. adam, did you ever find a place to stay?

oh, and bring bike locks. we're keeping our bikes at ray's overnight.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Have you guys checked on hotels through rays? I believe you might be able to get a deal. I have to go back to Mighigan today and plan on stopping at rays tonight. I will check and see if there is anything like that there. I will post if I find anything tomorrow morning.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
no corey i havent found one yet, but then again i can't decide if i want to go up the night before and spend dough on that and not have to deal with the traffic, or get up god awful early im thinking id have to be on the road at 4 actually not 430 and even then i could get fvcked by traffic.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Hey Dudes, I have a real long bike lock( yeah that's what she said).
Anyway I can lock 5 or so bikes in one shot. Corey if you leave later than 8 let me know so I'm not at our meeting point way ahead of you.Oh and is anyone bringing a big cooler for bottled water and Red Bull/Monster. If not I will bring one.
Peace
Eric

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
sounds good. E.C., i'll just plan on calling you once we're on the road regardless. i got a cooler i can bring, that's a damn fine idea. :D

adam, i vote for gawdawful early! :thumb:

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Ray's was awsome last night. I was the only person there for around and hour and a half. I talked with ray for awhile and he said he was getting ready for the big dc street crew this weekend.

Pedals ranged from $25 to $100 and I think he actually rents flats for people withouth them.

Jason

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Hope Ya'll got Back safely. I got home around 6.only really hit bad conditions once( that was when I called you Corey), smooth sailing after that. To all of you that went, thanks for a great weekend, I look forward to riding with all of you again.Damn that was fun and I am one tired dude .Oh there is about 18 inches of snow here.
Peace
E.C.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
back
alive...barely
i have to get up for work in 4 hrs and 53 minutes, but somehow i think i might be a little late. if i didn't have shiznit to do i would so be calling off 'sick' tomorrow.

glad to meet all of y'all slackers and look forward to riding with y'all again :thumb:

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
was good to ride with you again matt.

next time im there ill have my suspension dialed in better so i think i might be able to hit some of those jumps proper.

or i might have to find a hardtail to ride...or both.

and i DAMN sure won't ride without a certain piece of gear again.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Just so everyone in the exploder knows, I just totally bombed that test. I hope you're all proud of me. But i'm so glad I had this trip to legitimize my zero study time, cuz otherwise id feel like a total moron. :)

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
Mattoid said:
Just so everyone in the exploder knows, I just totally bombed that test. I hope you're all proud of me. But i'm so glad I had this trip to legitimize my zero study time, cuz otherwise id feel like a total moron. :)
i had 100% faith in you matt.

oh yeah, arlington got your two hour delay too. haha

stupid john got canceled though, i still hate him.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
I'm glad I took today off even after sleeping 12 hours I'm still tired and sore but the smile hasn't wore off yet.
Hey Adam hows the head doin?

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
well i made it home in one piece, obviously, and didn't get to bed until after 2. my dog woke me up before 7 this morning so i didn't get much sleep.

i was a little spooked because occasionally i was still feeling just a touch dizzy, but according to webmd it's a common side affect, so i guess i have to just deal.

i really appreciate the concern/support/help that everyone offered :thumb:

reason 5,609,281,306 that :monkey:s are so cool.

ps
sorry i don't remember the screen name goofy but thanks for asking anyways

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Dude, that was one of the worst falls I've ever witnessed, and I've seen some ****. HOpe your allright. Nice meetin you anyways

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
same to ya.

i'm not sure if i want the details or not. i mean i remember everything, but of course i didn't have the perspective you did.

one thing i can tell you was, fvck me, i was pissed. i spun around real easy on sunday and today i was riding around the block with my dog so i guess i can't really bitch too loud considering.

i bought a new full facer at germantown cycles (kick a$$ place) and you can be sure i will be wearing it the next time i do any jumping!