Quantcast

Jim Thorpe MBW

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That was a blast! My pics are on my camera at home, but I'll add them to the thread tonight.

It was awesome to meet some new monkeys and non-monkeys. Everyone there was so chill and laid back, we had some complete strangers show us a kickass loop, peter6061 and Bustaframe went with us for a killer ride. After the last nasty climb, I picked up Bustaframe's heavy ass bike - I couldn't believe he huffed that thing up all those hills!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Echo said:
That was a blast! My pics are on my camera at home, but I'll add them to the thread tonight.

It was awesome to meet some new monkeys and non-monkeys. Everyone there was so chill and laid back, we had some complete strangers show us a kickass loop, peter6061 and Bustaframe went with us for a killer ride. After the last nasty climb, I picked up Bustaframe's heavy ass bike - I couldn't believe he huffed that thing up all those hills!
lookin forward to seeing them!!!!!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
hooples3 said:
:D .......In all fairness, he did ride aubrey's bike to the bathroom several times
BWAHAHAHAH!!

hey hooples, did you see that shirt in town? It made me think of you, you know the one that says: "friends don't let fat and ugly friends ride naked"?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Crazy Sweeper said:
BWAHAHAHAH!!

hey hooples, did you see that shirt in town? It made me think of you, you know the one that says: "friends don't let fat and ugly friends ride naked"?
ummm that really didnt sound so good... why do you think of me when you think of naked??? whats makes it worse is the fat and ugly part... anyway.. yeah I saw it.. I was thinking about going back and getting it.. but I totally forgot.. next time

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Echo said:

Ha-ha. No doubt, I'm about to put my bike on a diet. The order is going in tonight so it can shed a few lbs. That thing was killing me on those climbs.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
YEAH!!! It was an AWESOME weekend. I am SO glad to have meet a bunch of new monkeys and non-monkeys. Riding was good...especially the Sunday post-breakfast ride (that trail was really kickin' my arse!!!). I do have some pics and we'll get them up tonight. Thanks again for putting up with my slow self on those rides :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
Thanks again for putting up with my slow self on those rides :D
lol... it was nice to have someone to talk to at the tail end of the group! I'm already trying to find time in the schedule to head out your way for a ride. I'm diggin the rocks.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
jacksonpt said:
lol... it was nice to have someone to talk to at the tail end of the group! I'm already trying to find time in the schedule to head out your way for a ride. I'm diggin the rocks.
Cool! When you head this way, you'll have me to talk to as well. Treesaw and I are usually together near the back of our group rides. ;)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
BussaFrame said:
Ha-ha. No doubt, I'm about to put my bike on a diet. The order is going in tonight so it can shed a few lbs. That thing was killing me on those climbs.
oooh whatcha getting????????

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
New tires. No more DRS so I will put a big ring back on. That will drop a couple lbs right there. After that I will weight then re-evaluate. If it is still looking bad then I might just get a prop 1000 and move some parts from my 4X over. Then sell off extra parts, frame, brakes, cranks... You know how it goes. I think that might be the best option actually.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm really sad MBW is over... I guess all good things must come to an end......

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
getting a little impatient waiting for pics. Guess that'll teach me to bring my own camera next time. I heard a rumor that somebody has a pic of stosh on a bike?!?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
As promised...here are some pics from MTB Weekend!

First...our group for our Saturday AM ride at Tomaqua (I have no idea how to spell it).

From left to right: The Dude, TreeSaw, Echo, jacksonpt(back), IndianGuy, Crazy Sweeper and brews.

Echo, TheDude and brews all rocked out on SingleSpeeds for the day...which wasn't easy, but the sure made it look that way.

Some shots of brews:

A couple of pics of The Dude:

Echo:

A new friend:

Crazy Sweeper:

Sq-Earl:

jacksonpt:

TreeSaw:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
As you can see...no pics of stosh riding :devil:

We did, however, capture this moment....which will definately be burned in our minds-eye for far too long...check out these headlights for night riding! :nope:

:devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's funny but I think MBW actually changed my GF's life... we were talking about it last night.

As a child she never really went camping or did much "outdoor" stuff. We had only been camping once before and it poured the whole time so it wasn't a great experience. This time not only was the camping/location great but she met great people and there was a lot of stuff to do. She was telling me last night how she feels like a new person and has taken an entirely new look at life....
I'm still a little dazed by MBW myself, I still feel like my heart is there. It's weird and makes for a difficult time at work.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
hooples3 said:
Here are some Pics i took .. unfortunately my battery went dead so I never got riding pics... looking forward to seeing Peters!!!!!
I'll get them up probably tonight. This whole PT job and school on top of the FT job thing is getting a little tired. I think the PT job has just about come to and end. School tonight, so if I get home at a reasonable hour, the pics will go up.

Don't get your hopes up unless you like to see pictures of randomly colored 'blurs' or 'streaks' zipping through the woods. --actually, some of them came out pretty well.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
peter6061 said:
I'll get them up probably tonight. This whole PT job and school on top of the FT job thing is getting a little tired. I think the PT job has just about come to and end. School tonight, so if I get home at a reasonable hour, the pics will go up.

Don't get your hopes up unless you like to see pictures of randomly colored 'blurs' or 'streaks' zipping through the woods. --actually, some of them came out pretty well.
its all good, no worries.. just want to keep the memories alive!!!!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
peter6061 said:

You're the only person who got a pic of me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
peter6061 said:
I think I've got one of you on that 'wall-ride' bit at Tomaqua(sp?) and maybe a couple others.
yep I think it was blurry but it's all I got. Hey you got a video of my GF too.