Quantcast

Leogang 2021!!!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
The pain train at 1:22
I think I said this last year for the World Champs race, but I'm still surprised most riders appear to be running clips rather than flats. I think Amaury was running flats (at least in practice), but damn if I wouldn't be going full Sam Hill at that place (says the guy who runs flats on CX bike).

And all funnies aside, there is some serious genital assaults going on in that stump garden. No wonder almost none of these people have children.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think I said this last year for the World Champs race, but I'm still surprised most riders appear to be running clips rather than flats. I think Amaury was running flats (at least in practice), but damn if I wouldn't be going full Sam Hill at that place (says the guy who runs flats on CX bike).

And all funnies aside, there is some serious genital assaults going on in that stump garden. No wonder almost none of these people have children.
over the weekend some dude at my local bike park told me i must have a few screws loose for riding clips for DH.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
over the weekend some dude at my local bike park told me i must have a few screws loose for riding clips for DH.
Even as someone who is now all-flats-all-the-time, I can certainly see riding clips on certain tracks and/or in certain conditions. Hell, up until a couple years ago I rode DH with clips myself. I will still have occasional moments in seriously chunky, rocky sections that my feet get knocked off my flat pedals, which besides being pretty scurry, can lead to a really awkward body slam (ask me how I know). But for most tracks, I still prefer flats, and even moreso if its muddy and slippery. But for Leogang I would opt for mud skis and an athletic cup.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
at least he didn't make fun of me for riding 26" wheels.
Reminds me of a time @ZoRo saw a guy riding an old Intense M1. Genuinely excited, he said something to the effect of, "Wow, nice bike. You don't see those every day. That thing belongs in a museum!" It was intended as a compliment, but the guy seemed offended and rode off without saying a word! :)

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
A good percentage of my "holy shit I can't believe I rode that out moments" would have gone bad in clipless pedals. I don't have the balls to ride clipless.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Even as someone who is now all-flats-all-the-time, I can certainly see riding clips on certain tracks and/or in certain conditions. Hell, up until a couple years ago I rode DH with clips myself. I will still have occasional moments in seriously chunky, rocky sections that my feet get knocked off my flat pedals, which besides being pretty scurry, can lead to a really awkward body slam (ask me how I know). But for most tracks, I still prefer flats, and even moreso if its muddy and slippery. But for Leogang I would opt for mud skis and an athletic cup.
ask @jstuhlman how it went the last time i rode flats :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good points guys. You'd think the vast majority of the fastest DH riders in the world would check with Ridemonkey before choosing their pedals. :rofl:

Perhaps if we had a forum for skills and technique they would have more reason to check in?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I rode spuds for everything including DH for years. Switched to flats full time a number of years ago and recently tried spuds again and couldn't handle not having my mid-foot over the spindle.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
We're officially in fuck spoilers mode right? Before we discuss what just happened?

Actually fuck anyone dumb enough to open a thread on RM about the race expecting there to not be spoilers.

Gutted for Vali, but fuck me Camille's run was perfection. I'd kill to pull a run that clean in my life.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That was insane!
Agree on the Tracey commenting, she is amazing in that role. Good mix of facts and emotions.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Did Minaar break a cleat or something?

Am i ranting into the void?

Do i need another beer?