Quantcast

Leogang Lizard Cup 2018

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
it's like 6pm on Thursday in Austria, where's the coverage? track walk, pit bits...gimme something internet.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
If Bruni wins on a stumpjumper peoples heads will explode.
Bruni was on the winning run in Leogang a few years ago and crashed on one of the last turns, gave it to Bryceland.
Tough to beat Gwin but he could win, It would be pretty funny to watch the reactions.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm pumped. The changes to the upper look great, I think it's gonna be wild. The guys who are fast on moto should have a good time here

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
So the course previews are done now that Claudio fell off his bike? Get someone else on the job... like Wyn

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
if you're going to take the time to balance your wheels, may as well do it right.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
That just looks so weird. I'd be curious to try something like that, just to know what it feels like.
Does that poor guy really have to run his stem backwards?:fie:
They should have checked his size before milling out that frame I guess...
Or add a reach adjusting system a la Propain bikes.
Anyway, good luck with weighing that front end.:thumb:

The bike itself does look good though, imo.

upload_2018-6-7_20-30-36.jpeg

upload_2018-6-7_20-31-17.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
For as neat and tidy the bike might be, its pretty hack to use zip ties instead of the clean looking clip things that come with most bikes.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Isn't the catch that they already have to be showing up to the WCs... is Peaty?
he was at the first 2 i believe. if he's around throw a camera or two on him and let him go. if not, have cathro do it. different people at each round would be cool to get different perspectives.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Track looks waaay better than the last few years. It's nice and open too so hopefully Red Bull gets cameras on those off-camber sections, especially if it rains. The stump/root section in the middle will be wild in the wet now that the taping makes the riders zig-zag through it more. Massive two line choice bit looks cool - just hope they're comparable or else the riders will quickly figure which one works and it will end up being a waste.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I’d like to see team tactics come into play. With a that speed section we all know it’s prime for drafting. Just let angel suarez start his run and then wait for Gwin... tow him in and give him a wicked draft. Guaranteed winner chain or no chain.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I’d like to see team tactics come into play. With a that speed section we all know it’s prime for drafting. Just let angel suarez start his run and then wait for Gwin... tow him in and give him a wicked draft. Guaranteed winner chain or no chain.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
From the Vital slide show. Maybe Needles is taking over the course preview.

Andrew Neethling took track walk seriously to help prepare for his helmet cam run with Loic tomorrow.

Oct 29, 2007
From the Vital slide show. Maybe Needles is taking over the course preview.

Andrew Neethling took track walk seriously to help prepare for his helmet cam run with Loic tomorrow.
Needles did an awesome job commentating during Crankworx or something last year, very insightful and informative. I hope the alleged course preview is a step toward getting in the booth with Warner.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The flopping around on that off camber section is pretty funny. We need more of that. :rofl:

How rad would it be to have a podium with Luca, Neko, Loris, Finn and Loic...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The flopping around on that off camber section is pretty funny. We need more of that. :rofl:
No way!!!!11 What if it rains 1!11!!! ?? :fie:!
:stop:
They need act quickly and fill that section with lots and lots of small rocks!

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Cathro's videos and analysis are excellent. Shame he's hamstrung by the time limits and other restrictions, but I guess it's a miracle that the UCI lets him film at all given the Redbull moneyhat.