Quantcast

Lettuce inside a burrito...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
burrito + lettuce = soft taco. wile you're at it throw in some tomato and sour cream. mmmmm

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
No friggin lettuce or cabbage in a burrito.

A small amount of cabbage is ok for me in a fish taco.
Quoted for truth.

I don't care what you call it - burro, burrito, wrap, whatever, I don't want lettuce in my tortilla. Especially since it's usually brown-edged iceberg lettuce that has zero nutrients and only serves to take up space better filled with more animal flesh.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver

I'm not a fan of Bud Light by any means, but they do have funny commercials. This taco salad song could be directly applied to a burrito rule. "If there's any room left, a few shreds of lettuce".

So lettuce is ok, but only if there's room after all the meat, cheese, beans, sour cream, onions, etc.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Lettuciest healthiest on a burritus goliathus is treason. Green shall be guacamole and guacamole shall be delicious on thy burritus goliathus.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Lettuce works in veggie burritos, but not in meat burritos.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You guys think too much.

Easy rule of thumb: if it's a flour tortilla it's a burrito. if it's in a corn tortilla it's a taco. It doesn't matter what you put in there. put whatever teh hell you want in it.

No guarantee that this translates over to anything other than mexican food. (No cuban, south american, arizonatexmexfusionwhatever)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I have never seen "veggie" as an option at the taco truck. Maybe that's some new hippie-mex? I don't know if there is even a Spanish word for "veggie".
Isn't this thread about burritos? Anyways, the local hole in the wall has both Veggie and Mexican Veggie on the menu.

Vegetariano. You learn something every day. ;)

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
a traditional burrito has specific ingredients in it...just wrapping a tortilla around something does not make it a burrito...lettuce?...hmm my grandma never put lettuce in my burritos until I was about 25 or so...so just like most foods, introduction of other cultures always finds it's way in...D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mexicans put a lot of crazy sh!t in burritos around here (tongue, brains, pork rinds) but lettuce isn't one of them.

If it's not mexican, it's not a burrito, it's a "wrap".

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
jimmydean, the taquerias around here have all sorts of burritos... and a no-meat version is always on the menu.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
jimmydean, the taquerias around here have all sorts of burritos... and a no-meat version is always on the menu.
The locations I frequent have bean burritos, but those don't come with lettuce either. I was born and raised in California and I know there are a lot of places that offer a variety of items. But my mother in law is Costa Rican and my father in law is Guatemalan and neither of them would consider putting lettuce in a burrito.

My neighborhood growing up was predominantly Mexican, the town I live near now is predominantly Mexican. The places I eat on a near daily basis use lettuce as a garnish.

I just love how these threads get so militant. If you like to eat a burrito with lettuce, or only containing veggies, that's awesome. That's just not how burritos are rolled in my hood.

<edit> Someone should start a militant rib thread. Pork or Beef, dry rub, or sauce. I'll take a pork rib with spicy sauce, please!

Last edited: