Quantcast

Lunch Thread

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Or perhaps a more appropriate title would be "dammit!"

I had some awesome veggie chili, microwaved it and was headed back to my desk when it slipped and landed on the floor :(

So now I have to go to the sucky cafeteria here and try to find something edible :(

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's only 9:20 and I've barely finished my 2nd cp of coffee.

But lunch will be Philly Cheese Steak and a Coke.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If "real" chili is meat based (no beans), how do you make veggie chili? Wouldn't the fact that it lacks meat make it something other than chili?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
The chili in the northeast generally has some beans, just not very many in my experience. Veggie chili is usually made the same way, just without meat and adding corn and other veggies.

I opted for a couple slices from the pizzeria for lunch. Thin crust and greasy.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jimmydean said:
If "real" chili is meat based (no beans), how do you make veggie chili? Wouldn't the fact that it lacks meat make it something other than chili?
There's a whole world out there. You should look out the window some time. :thumb:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Echo said:
There's a whole world out there. You should look out the window some time. :thumb:
I guess I look at it the same as NA Beer or decaf coffee, it's just not natural and i'm all about natural. If I got a veggie Philly Cheese Steak, that would make it a "grilled cheese sandwich with veggies". But if it works for you, right?

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
To the bodega downstairs for some hot pastrami w/swiss and mustard on a roll, a bag o'chips, and a 20 oz. coca cola product...or maybe a gatorade...not sure yet.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jimmydean said:
I guess I look at it the same as NA Beer or decaf coffee, it's just not natural and i'm all about natural.
It's natural to eat dead bodies that were shot up with antibiotics for their entire miserable lives?

Did it ever occur to you that humans are the only species on the planet that needs to cook meat before eating it so it won't make you sick? Did it ever occur to you that every other carnivore on the planet has teeth designed for pulling raw flesh off corpses?

Natural :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
It's natural to eat dead bodies that were shot up with antibiotics for their entire miserable lives?

Did it ever occur to you that humans are the only species on the planet that needs to cook meat before eating it so it won't make you sick? Did it ever occur to you that every other carnivore on the planet has teeth designed for pulling raw flesh off corpses?

What kind of teeth do us omnivores have?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Echo said:

Did it ever occur to you that meat is yummy?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
From Wikipedia:
Chili con carne (or simply chili) is a spicy stew-like dish, the essential ingredients of which are beef, pork, venison, or other mature meat, and chile peppers.

NOTE: Essential ingredients of which...

I don't question that what you planned on eating was awesome or yummy. What I question is what you planned on eating was in fact "chili"?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
qualude said:
There are lots of things that are natural that aren't good for you, also.
What the heck is the point of that statement? Yeah, eating sand probably isn't good for you, sand is natural.

You choose what you put in your body, I'll choose what I put in mine. If I choose chili that has vegetable protien instead of corpses in it, that's my business. It doesn't make it "not chili".

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
narlus said:
where do you get yr sushi?
Damn, I could really go for some Ahi right now... Just a big , blood red steak with some sort of wasabi based sauce and maybe slightly seared. :drool:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
jimmydean said:
:stupid:

It makes it a "tomato based veggie stew that may or may not be spicy". But I doubt that would look good on a label for product marketing.
Tomato!?! You're just as bad as Echo... There ain't no damn tomato in chili either! :mumble:

:oink:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
What is this lunch thing you speak of? Since I'm on spring break now, I just got out of bed. I got some stuff from Go-ride, so basically today I will be putting together my 5050xx pedals and lowrider crowns.

What's for dinner? Bleu Cheese and Steak with Mashed potatoes and spinich(sp?)