Quantcast

motogreg

Chimp
Jan 24, 2011
Sitting in the living room Ashland Oregon.

On the way to 10 Mile Oregon for some killer DH ripping.

Nice and dirty just like it should be! :D

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
A sh1t-ton of M9's and other Intense's at our home track....and memmelgnar grabbed a 3rd place behind 2 guys who know the fontucky track pretty good....(Gwin and EC)

MOAR PICS:
http://www.intensecycles.com/engage/2011/03/intense-fontana-national/
funny you think its the bike, I think it was the pizza and beer we had the night before :thumb:, bikes look great and memmelaars bike really suits his riding style. Stoked for him and the team cant wait to see how they do this year!

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
funny you think its the bike, I think it was the pizza and beer we had the night before :thumb:, bikes look great and memmelaars bike really suits his riding style. Stoked for him and the team cant wait to see how they do this year!

it's his job to think or at least say it was the bike!

anyways i like the M9 great looking frame!

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Anybody having issues with the rear hub seizing up a little if the rear axle is snug? Any thoughts or solutions?

a-rod

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Lancaster, CA
oh, my buddy had a hope pro II and said he had the same problem when he really cranked on the nut on the axle. now he has hadleys and no problem.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
This can pose a problem here. Stik, any problem with running a tiny washer between the wheel and frame to alleviate tackyness?

DHDreams

Chimp
May 11, 2008
Stik, I'm also curious when the build kit for the M9 will be ready to go. The site shows Feb. 2011.

Any updates there?

I'm waiting on mine...

a-rod

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Lancaster, CA
This can pose a problem here. Stik, any problem with running a tiny washer between the wheel and frame to alleviate tackyness?
How is this a frame issue when the only two hubs with problems are Hope. Honestly the rear axle doesn't need 40ft lb of torque to keep it tight...

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
How is this a frame issue when the only two hubs with problems are Hope. Honestly the rear axle doesn't need 40ft lb of torque to keep it tight...
Not talking tons of torque here, bud. 2 or 3 full rotations past hand torque at most.

If Turner can figure out a solution for their Hope axle issue, surely Intense can do the same.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Sorry, that was confusing. 2 or 3 full rotations beyond finger torque meaning; minimal contact with hub and frame causes bad things to happen.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Sorry, that was confusing. 2 or 3 full rotations beyond finger torque meaning; minimal contact with hub and frame causes bad things to happen.
I have hope II hubs and my axle is on really tight. Took out the spacer thingie so I can get full thread depth on the nylock nut too. So yeah, it's been clamped tight and the hope rear hub is butter on mine. Could it be just cuz mine is a yellow M9?? Sick.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Haven't tried a hope....but its the first I heard about seizures. Well, my dog had a seizure and died 2 weeks ago, but besides that, I think you have some hub issues. Our R hub fitment could not be more basic.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Haven't tried a hope....but its the first I heard about seizures. Well, my dog had a seizure and died 2 weeks ago, but besides that, I think you have some hub issues. Our R hub fitment could not be more basic.
Umm, sorry to hear about your pooch. On a diff note, I'm glad it seems like a hub issue rather than fitment.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I want to know how meny spacers people are running on their saint cranks and chainguides.

and wat size guide you rocking,a 2.5 or a 5mm.

thanks.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Any progress?
my carbon fiber order should finally be here thursday and it should be done friday. the first few molds i tried to make didnt work out so well, so im hoping my current one will last through the lay-up process.
the mock-up i made worked out pretty good and im just making a simple flat sheet of carbon for the upper section, above the shock.

chup29

Chimp
Sep 9, 2009
Ashland
has anyone had any problems with e13 cranks and the e13 lg1+ on their m9? after staring at my candy apple green since november - its finally getting to be time for me to come home from college and build her up...

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
has anyone had any problems with e13 cranks and the e13 lg1+ on their m9? after staring at my candy apple green since november - its finally getting to be time for me to come home from college and build her up...
Nope that is what I am running

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
What crank lengths are people running. I've got 170 saints running in 9' mod, 400 pound spring, 180lb rider.
I seem to hit too much when trying to chuck a few quick pedals in..seem common?

bullit398

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
Neptune, NJ
What crank lengths are people running. I've got 170 saints running in 9' mod, 400 pound spring, 180lb rider.
I seem to hit too much when trying to chuck a few quick pedals in..seem common?
Me too. Ive got 170's am 210 running a 450 in 9 inch. I've only ridden it once but pedaling in the rocks I hit my pedals a bunch. Im planning on messing with compression settings to try to tune it out. I'm planning on riding this weekend so Ill let you know how it goes.

Anyone already figure this out?

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
I'm running 165mm E.Thirteen cranks, 9" mode, 450lbs DSP Ti-coil, 191lbs rider, and i still hit stuff on trying to get on the throttle out of corners.

nyy147

Chimp
Sep 23, 2008
Build is 99% done. I ordered a 2011 Charge Spoon saddle with Ti rails to complete it. Also gold jagwire brake hoses will be installed as the factory bleed on the codes sucked. After that it will be done until I can afford a Ti spring for the CCDB. As it sits in that picture it is 40.2 pounds (Large Frame). After the new saddle it will be sub 40 (210g saddle vs 310) . Also does anyone know if the 2011 40's come with ti springs from Fox?

Attachments