Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I am at about 80%...if you have to have a commitment today, I am out. But I will ping the Frau this evening and check my status. Retiring and moving to Colorado in June, so gotta get that out of the way...

I spoke to Jen. A second van is not practical for the shop - they would have to close for a couple of days in peak season.

So, we have nine people in and the van is full. When I get more information I'm going to send email with details; it'll probably be sometime after the year has turned.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Just as soon as the Frau gave me the thumbs up...but you snooze, you lose.

Let me know if someone drops...
I didn't want to lay claim to the limited 9, and can't yet commit to those dates, but I might drive out for a leg or two (out-and-backs from campsites) or sweet-talk the wife/family into shuttle...

Bunnista

Chimp
Jul 27, 2015
Keep me in mind as an alternate in case someone drops out, or another van is somehow added. can't focus too much--distracted by kiwi plans!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Like JBP, I only got the notification from my bank that the check was cashed. I looked in my junk email folder, but if you could send me the exact address that would be great mmmmkay?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What was the From address? I never got a confirmation, but check was cashed 12/16.
Hey @johnbryanpeters I just checked the email address in my email, and I didn't get a confirmation but my bank has the check as cashed. Should I reach out to Dakota Cyclery at the email address 'squeeb sent me, or since you've been in touch with them do you think it would be better if you do that? Lemme know, happy to shoot an email over.

Hey @johnbryanpeters I just checked the email address in my email, and I didn't get a confirmation but my bank has the check as cashed. Should I reach out to Dakota Cyclery at the email address 'squeeb sent me, or since you've been in touch with them do you think it would be better if you do that? Lemme know, happy to shoot an email over.
Probably easier on them If I check in, single point of contact. I suspect that they're a small outfit and a little disorganized. I did send Jen our full roster.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I believe we're at $163/head, will confirm. Shuttle to trailhead, van carries camping gear and supplies to camping stops. At the end of the trip, they shuttle us back to Medora.
Most excellent. Tent camping or do they happen to have a way to move a small camper? Earl would be cool with sharing space and camper resources with the group too (if they can tow/transport) otherwise tent is fine too.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Last night I had a very vivid dream about this trip...for some ungodly reason, Sq-Earl, JBP & I were on fat bikes and everyone was making fun of us when we first rolled up, but then there was a campfire and beers in hand after a long day of riding and some sort of meat roasting on the fire, tales of our climbing skillz on those fat tires and lots of laughs, so it was all good!

FYI - I highly doubt that Sq-Earl & I will roll up on our mukluks lol. JBP is a maniac so you never know ;)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Oooooo.... New motorcycle luggage arrived today. Should be able to pack all gear and bike, on bike. Still mulling over the food situation though. :think:
Shop for food when you get to NoDak? Also, with a little planning we could all coordinate group meals and split the cost of all the food... this would likely be cheaper and easier than everyone bringing their own foods. Well, the planning would be a little bit more of a hassle upfront, but then preparing the meals at camp would be less complicated since we wouldn't have several cooks in the camp kitchen at once.

@johnbryanpeters: do you know if the schlepping service includes stoves/grill/other camp infrastructure? I'm assuming we all need to bring our own tents/sleeping bags, didn't know if they provide coolers and stoves? Maybe you've answered this in early posts... I should go look for that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also, with a little planning we could all coordinate group meals and split the cost of all the food... this would likely be cheaper and easier than everyone bringing their own foods. Well, the planning would be a little bit more of a hassle upfront, but then preparing the meals at camp would be less complicated since we wouldn't have several cooks in the camp kitchen at once.
I'd be down with this. I can haul food, but I don't want to be eating freeze-dried and/or rice and beans for a solid week, and trying to figure out how to keep groceries cold while still riding the bike has kind of stumped me.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'd be down with this. I can haul food, but I don't want to be eating freeze-dried and/or rice and beans for a solid week, and trying to figure out how to keep groceries cold while still riding the bike has kind of stumped me.
Okay, I just went back and read some of your earlier posts as well... if it helps I'm guessing Nick and I will be driving up together from Denver, and we can probably take your mountain bike either to the ride or back to Denver, or both. You know, if you wanna travel a bit more lighter on the moto and get a tour of the Badlands or whatever your plan is. Just a thought. As for keeping food cold while on the moto, I can't help you. But I would assume you would plan to arrive in Medora the day before we start pedaling, we'll do all our packing and whatnot the day before. I would assume anyways.