Quantcast

***Malaise Monday GMT***

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

I had a mangy (rabid?) fox wandering around Idaho last spring -- he had exactly zero fucks to give as I went after him with XC ski poles to haze him away from sledding kiddos but then I assume he died

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm fucking IN. Mmmm... fish-fry. I'd heard rumors that @Full Trucker knows of a place on Old Golden Road(?) that does a Friday fish fry? Or maybe we get ourselves a big-ass batch of perch or walleye and DIY?
Yes. Columbine Cafe or Rocky Flats Lounge.

Rocky Flats Lounge had a great fish fry back in the day.
Not sure if it’s any good these days, but last I checked they still do a fish fry on Fridays.

Sadly... it is no more. :(
Bzzzzzt

Rocky Flats is still the go-to. They reopened late last year. So once the covid passes we can have dinner in hot zone!

The dive bar on SoGoRd may technically sell fried fish, but skeptical Nick is skeptical.
New RFL owners are not from WI, but they’re keeping the dream alive. No idea if it’s any good these days.

The owners of Rolling Dough are from WI, and started the fish fry at the Columbine Cafe. It was SO good when they were doing it. After the first summer, Columbine Cafe took it over, and it’s still pretty decent but not as good as when the cheese heads were slinging the fish.

I mean... It's just @Full Trucker and @SkaredShtles that need to get sick now. Then we're free and clear to have a get together.
My lady is a nurse, it’s Only a matter of time before I get the Kung Flu.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah. They're not stupid.

Cat's also waiting for people in the house to die so he has some fresh meat for a change.

:tinfoil:
That's what I remind my kids: the cats would totally literally eat their faces if they thought they could get away with it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Are you on the “no ride in order to stay out of the ER” program?
Work is slow... Kids are being well parented by the Mrs.

Public lands are closed. Last weekend was a shit show when everyone who normally hangs out at the food court decided to go hike. There were a record number of search and rescue calls by people lost a half mile from their cars.

If you are lost and still have cell phone service 911 should just block your number.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You know, I feel bad sometimes for what I said, but the fact that he remains on FB, kind of proves why it's a good idea to get off FB.
You weren't the only one that day.
I have gathered that some shit went down, and though I am somewhat curious it’s probably best I don’t really ask or pry. And honestly, I don’t think I ever interacted with Syadasti anyways.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have gathered that some shit went down, and though I am somewhat curious it’s probably best I don’t really ask or pry. And honestly, I don’t think I ever interacted with Syadasti anyways.
Over in the PAWN Syadasti had been needlessly picking fights with members who would otherwise agree with him. The last straw was when he accused some of us of promoting sexual assault because we would not denounce a famous WWII photo. @Pesqueeb leveled him with an epic criticism that sent him packing. The PAWN smoldered for days...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Made a keto poke bowl with 7oz of seared, sushi-grade ahi. It was fucking great.

Haley is now sick. Fever, but no other symptoms of anything - no throat issues, coughing, trouble breathing, soreness, stomach distress, nothing. Just a fever and no appetite. Hannah is just fine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Over in the PAWN Syadasti had been needlessly picking fights with members who would otherwise agree with him. The last straw was when he accused some of us of promoting sexual assault because we would not denounce a famous WWII photo. @Pesqueeb leveled him with an epic criticism that sent him packing. The PAWN smoldered for days...

He sure picked a strange hill to make his stand on.