Quantcast

Marzocchi CS is Crap!!!!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Rabie said:
Seriously. I guess you can have all the experience in the world and still be a hack with the JB weld. I mean I've only been working on bikes for a fraction of that time, and all my JB welds are still holding strong. Sheesh.
:angry: :think: :rolleyes: :) :p thanks I needed that....D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
dhtahoe said:
I call BS I have seen MANY snap right off the first time they contact a rock. If there was never an issue with the QR 20 then why did it go away??? I have also seen my share of 888's that were leaking in random thin spots in there casting. This is why I bought a 40 and not a 888 this year.

Yeah, and that fox 40 doesn't have any thin spots... :rolleyes:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Low B said:
Sorry I'm no kid..I'm a 40 something light weight that rides easy
For those who know me, know I'm a pretty mellow rider.
I dont go fast and I dont do drops.
Err, So why do you use a Super T? :confused:

Sep 10, 2001
dhtahoe said:
I call BS I have seen MANY snap right off the first time they contact a rock. If there was never an issue with the QR 20 then why did it go away??? I have also seen my share of 888's that were leaking in random thin spots in there casting. This is why I bought a 40 and not a 888 this year. You may think Low B is some nobody idiot , but I can say that HE CAN influence what people are/are not buying in our area at least. He is one of those local riders that has been doing it for sooooooooooooo long that people ask him what he rides, why he likes it, and why he chose THAT product. I recommend to the powers that be you get him a fixed fork ASAP. He is just another rider getting REAL sick of spending his hard earned money on poorly designed crap that companies don't stand behind. Way too much of that going on in cycling. Perfect example: Durado X-Works. Totally hyped forever and when it came down to it the thing was such a piece of crap they had to get them all back to avoid negitive feedback.
I'll call you on your call... Especially since I have had couple of drinks and am too stupid to just walk away.

Even though I don't work in warranty, I still make it a point to stay informed. Why? It's my background. I have been a mechanic and a warranty guy for many years in my past jobs. I like to know what's breaking and why. Here is a little inside info.. When we see something like a dropout breaking, we will grab some lowers and try to replicate it. That is how we figure out if it is a widespread QC issue or potential user error. When something like Bryan's fork comes in, the guys will check it out. To be honest, it doesn't make a difference to the warranty guys. They are not on commission like I am. They still get paid if they bill you for the repair or if Marzocchi Italy is paying the bill for the repair. Someone like Ronnie would probably warranty every fork that came in if he could. But, if when Italy sees us doing warranty work on things that is considered a warranty, then he is the guy who has to answer to them too. And the book keepers and QC people keep very close tabs on everything. And I mean everthing.

People want to talk about how much they have to pay... But think about this... This is not like the jewelry store that always seems to have a 50, 60, and even 70% off sales. I really took notice on that over the past several months while shopping for something for a very important woman in my life. Why is this? Because a majority of the companies in our industry have to survive on profit margins that most other companies, look at your computer in front of you for a good example, would be looking for additional revenue sources.

By the way, I believe Bryan's fork left here today (7/15)... He will have a like new fork to ride or sell as he sees fit.

Brian

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I have had to deal with Marz on some warranty issues before, and in my experience, they are one of the best in the industry.

Don't give up on them just yet. :)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Jesus said:
I have had to deal with Marz on some warranty issues before, and in my experience, they are one of the best in the industry.

Don't give up on them just yet. :)

Whoa.......I haven't seen you around for a while

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
chicodude01 said:
Whoa.......I haven't seen you around for a while
Been working 75 to 80 hours a week for the past 6 months. But I missed you monkeys, so i'll start posting more when I have the time.

Good to know i've been missed... by you at least... :blah:

Kram

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
New Zealand
my warranty issue with MArz blew me away. 888 cracked lower half way down. No Marz distributer in NZ at the time so called Marz USA. They told me they want me back on my bike ASAP and to send it in.
10 days later new lowers arrived at my door on the other side of the world. Postage paid for and all.
That makes me wanna buy more of their product in the future. :thumb:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
i bet it was a casting issue and you are right. unfortuantly marzocchi does not have the quality control of many other smaller companies. marzocchi is the largest mountain bike suspension fork manufacturer in the world. this means that they are bound to have flaws and imperfections. plus casting isn't that hard to mess up im sorry they wont help you out even if it is their fault. but now you have an excuse to get a new fork.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I've had great luck with Marzocchi customer service.

Ronnie has always been the man to talk to when noone else could help me. He has always been a great help, and really cool, I have a hard time seeing him from this side, but everyone has their days.

Brian P has always been nothing but helpful as well.

sorry to hear about your bad experience......

I don't know your tone, but I would def. think a bad tone/vibe would affect your likeliness in getting your way with any human. For future broken products, I would probably go on and recommend not modifying or trying to home remedy any product if you plan on warrantying it with good results.

all that being said, I cracked my drops on my 888 due to using grease on the axle clamp bolts and they still replaced my lowers, I just got it back this tuesday. I got a 66 going off monday, so I'll see how this time turns out.

hope you have better luck with your next fork. I agree with MikeD early on, I have also received great service from manitou.