Quantcast

Massanutten DH Race Questions

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
now stub you ought to be used to a mud fest by now. welcome to the east coast boys. mud, blood, sweat, rocks, and mud. good luck to all and hate that i cant be there to shred with you boys. mike i expect pics and results.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
fontana was the definiton of a mudfest/pedalfest. stay off tha brakes.
I should be able to race alot more this year, my fractured ribs made breathing pretty tough.
so whose feeling a high speed turn and otb in to a pit of mud?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Fudge it!! I'm going to this since there's nothing else to do in Delaware!

I'll probably head out tonight instead of 4 am. Can I crash in the parking lot tonight?

BTW, I'll be on a black Azonic Recoil with a Black Wachussett Brewing Racing jersey/kit on. Say hello since I don't know anyone from the Mid-Atlantic area.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Update, I just got sick today (hehehe) Looks like I'll be down for friday practice. See ya'll there!

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I went to the practice run today and 'yee-ha' it was fantastic! The sun was out all freaking day, there was only one little-itty-bitty spot that had mud, the riders were/are awsome and the trail absolutely rips! So for those who could not make it today.... you will have a great time tomorrow! See ya there :thumb:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Wish I could be there, the weather is absolutely perfect today. Hell of a day to race!

Good luck to all the munkee's!

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
****in awesome course. dry both days and really sunny. I have a farmer tan/pad tan (more like burn) everywhere. I did ok in my race run not as good as i would have liked and charlie beat me by 1 second. I came in 2nd with a 4:03 and he came in 1st with a 4:02.

so who's hittin diablo up next weekend with my crew?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Awesome time! :thumb:

I had a blast eventhough my race run sucked. I somehow got stuck in my highest gear at the top of the course, and those of you that have ridden there know how freakin pedally it is! It REALLY sucked on the uphil part :dead: Oh well, I got a 4:17 and came in 23rd of 26 for my first Expert race, not toooooo bad for being in a 38-11 all the way down!

In the mountains with my girl and my buddies + riding my bike + meeting a lot of monkeys + only going down once (those of you that know me know thats an accomplishment :D ) = A great weekend no matter the results!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
good times. nice to meet a lot of you :monkey:'s

i had a crappy race run (crashed in a berm, landed 10th place), but i think that 12 runs down the mountain in 2 days was most definitely worth the race fee :thumb: super fun and fast course and the PERFECT weather for a race.....i'll definitely be coming back next year :D (of course, i'll bring noah next time though ;) )

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Yo Yo..... what a great freaking weekend. Thanks to everyone for the helping hands over the weekend. My first downhill experience was out of this world.

my race run was a 4:31 putting me 14th out of 25. Not the best but more then what I wanted for my first stab out downhilling. I'm on ebay now looking for DH tires....

I'll post pictures later today.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I have a sprained knee...:( What a great weekend!!! Mancil, Awesome run dude! I swear you must have spent $100.00 on tubes...;)

Manimal was a trip, had us laughing!

I pinned the rock garden EVERY run, on my race run I lost my chain and ate sh!t! :mumble: :mad: :mumble: :dead:

For all who placed, sweet!!!! and congrats. I'll have some pics up later.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Can't wait to see the pic's. Glad you all had fun! Congrats to Charlie and Brandon for the top two placements :)

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
we arrived around 11pm on friday night. i slept (if that is possible) in stiff's passenger side seat in the MILF van. we lapped it out on saturday getting in 7 practice runs. the 2+ hour wait to race kind of sucked, but i had a decent race run although i had trouble passing the guy in front of me... much better than separating my shoulder like last year though.

this is my 2nd year DHing and this was only my 3rd official race. i ended up winning my class (sport masters) with a 3:58. i'll probably move up to expert. thanks for the nice new much needed pair of shin/knee pads.

Well, I had a pretty good run.......of course I screwed up the top rock section, I had to get off my bike and run over the big rock, so that slowed me up, but most of all, I ate it hard off the little drop at the end of the rock garden at the bottom. It was definently good for all the spectators, had to run my bike to the finish line cause the handlebars were twisted, but ended up 5th with a 4:06. Senior Sport Class. Shout out to my boy Kevin who placed first with a 3:52!:thumb:

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Forget the load in your pants, what kind of shoes are you wearing???

I was one of the guys in the green Aztek parked across from y'all. Wish I know who was who and woulda said hello and conned a beer out of you.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
Yeah that was about as good of a first race as I could have wished for. I could have been faster in the top section and a couple of the flat sections. You cant complain about first place.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
JeffD said:
Forget the load in your pants, what kind of shoes are you wearing???

I was one of the guys in the green Aztek parked across from y'all. Wish I know who was who and woulda said hello and conned a beer out of you.

They're Diesel's....Thats is a REAL bad pic of me...:eek:

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Doh, it was 220, I just can't type. But yeah, what a great weekend. Just wished they'd have more than one race there a year.

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Awesome race, good time, well run by Racer's Edge and Mass. Looking forward to the rest of the series. The only down side was having to pass this really slow dude -cough-sirknight-cough- in the rock garden on my race run. But, no broken parts on me or the bike and a 3rd place in the Old Fart Beginners class, can't beat that.

psylce-on -- how can I get a copy of my picture???
It was much better than any footage the wife took.
Gordo

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
el_gordo said:
Awesome race, good time, well run by Racer's Edge and Mass. Looking forward to the rest of the series. The only down side was having to pass this really slow dude -cough-sirknight-cough- in the rock garden on my race run. But, no broken parts on me or the bike and a 3rd place in the Old Fart Beginners class, can't beat that.

psylce-on -- how can I get a copy of my picture???
It was much better than any footage the wife took.
Gordo
LOL!!! I ate it in the rock garden hard.....Lost my chain and then faceplant... I was highly pissed!

Torqued my knee really bad....

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Dhextremecb said:
Well, I had a pretty good run.......of course I screwed up the top rock section, I had to get off my bike and run over the big rock, so that slowed me up, but most of all, I ate it hard off the little drop at the end of the rock garden at the bottom. It was definently good for all the spectators, had to run my bike to the finish line cause the handlebars were twisted, but ended up 5th with a 4:06. Senior Sport Class. Shout out to my boy Kevin who placed first with a 3:52!:thumb:

sweet that was you...... that was just bad luck.... big props on the finish.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
had a great time, thanks again to chop and george and crew for a well-run event and all the maintenance on the course!

i was pretty happy with my 7th in expert. i got the exact same time as last year, 3:45 ... weird. looks like i destroyed my hub halfway down the race run, new wheelset is on it's way before the open!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
corey_dcstreet said:
i was pretty happy with my 7th in expert. i got the exact same time as last year, 3:45 ... weird. looks like i destroyed my hub halfway down the race run, new wheelset is on it's way before the open!
damn how do you destroy a hub at massanutten? what kind of bike were you riding?