Quantcast

Massanutten DH Race Questions

Robusto

Monkey
Im not going to be able to make it up until late Friday night. How many practice runs do you think I'd be able to get in on Saturday? Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldnt find an answer in the forum... Thanks

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Robusto said:
Im not going to be able to make it up until late Friday night. How many practice runs do you think I'd be able to get in on Saturday? Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldnt find an answer in the forum... Thanks
The lift starts at 8 you should be able to get 3-4 good runs in before te race. Get there early Sat by 10 he course will be packed with people practicing

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sirknight6 said:
Well except for Bigmike...:p

Blow me :D

I am totally set up. I took my bike up to the shop today and moved the speed dial levers on my Juicy 7's from the front to the back, I changed out my tires so the front is a 2.7 Nevegal and the rear is a Dual ply DH casing 2.5 Mobster, I went over all the bolts, cleaned it up, cleaned and lubed the chain, wrapped the chain and seat stays in an old tube, and put on the fender for my 888.

So there Ralph!

And even when all that fails, i'll probably be bringing my RMX up too :thumb:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
and........ I just got an email:

The following request to change your NORBA category has been approved and processed by USA Cycling:
hamberger - 2006-05-09 10:34
Member: Mike Hamberger
License: Downhill Racer
Request to change category from Sport to Expert

I can't wait!!!!!!

I'm going up tomorrow night, anyone else?

And whats the deal with the monkey cookout? are we still on for after practice in the parking lot?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:

I can't wait!!!!!!

And whats the deal with the monkey cookout? are we still on for after practice in the parking lot?

Yup, as far as Denjen Dart, and Insane Wayne is concerned...

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
BigMike said:

I can't wait!!!!!!

I just cleaned up my grill. J-man and I will be coming up Friday morning.

Congrats on the upgrade. Now you're an "Expert in Gravity."

Mike

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i'll be pulling in around 11pm friday night. if anyone's still up, i'll wander in and say hey... i've got a bunch of coronas i need to get rid of, perhaps y'all can help :D

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Here is the current weather listing for this weekend.... crap! :mumble:

Friday: A mix of clouds and sun in the morning giving way to a few showers during the afternoon. High around 70F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Saturday: Thundershowers. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
me and motomike will be around, i'm debating on whether or not to wear my old police bike shirt that has a bad ink stain on it. was going to cut off the sleeves and collar. so if you see some dude wearing a redneck styled POLICE shirt holler out..."Tubby!!"

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
manimal said:
so if you see some dude wearing a redneck styled POLICE shirt holler out..."Tubby!!"
Excellent.

I'll be wearing a rather poorly executed stencil design spraypainted onto a walmart imitation underarmor T, featuring the words "l'il stinker" on the front and "jdschall" and a picture of a skunk on the back. Low budget, ghetto to the max.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'll be there, going up tonight. I'll look for ya'll in the parking lot, I'll be in my Red Nissan Pathfinder with Thule Bars and a rack on top, and a Sportworks rack on the back, with a GT DHi and Rocky Mountain RMX, probably covered by a tarp if its gonna be raining!

See ya'll on the hill!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
jdschall said:
Excellent.

I'll be wearing a rather poorly executed stencil design spraypainted onto a walmart imitation underarmor T, featuring the words "l'il stinker" on the front and "jdschall" and a picture of a skunk on the back. Low budget, ghetto to the max.
you'll fit in well around here.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i'll be there late friday night to race my IH with the new 888. i might bring my heckler as well for a backup although i don't have a chainguide for it. i'm still trying to figure out what class to race since this is only my 3rd "official" DH race. sport or expert?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
whale said:
i'll be there late friday night to race my IH with the new 888. i might bring my heckler as well for a backup although i don't have a chainguide for it. i'm still trying to figure out what class to race since this is only my 3rd "official" DH race. sport or expert?
That'll be two of us!!! Oh yeah, I'll be the one gettin his butt kicked by two dillholes...I should be easy to find!!!! :D I'll be the fat old man! :rofl: :rolleyes:

To all I promised beers to, I have a case of Yuengling's! :thumb:

I look forward to meeting some monkeys I've known here for years on line!!!! I'm so stoked!!!!

I wish everyone great travels and pray travel mercies for all!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i hope it holds out.....current forcast:

FRIDAY - Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s - except highs in the lower 60s at the higher elevations. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

FRIDAY NIGHT - Partly cloudy in the evening - then becoming mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

SATURDAY - Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.