Quantcast

Massanutten information

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
rumor has it Nekko might have broken his wrist in practice. Anyone confirm? Super stoked to see my buddy Harrison's time. He smashed it in CAT 1 looks like he even beat yuroshek (timewise - different cat). That kid can ride.

results.
http://live-timing.com/race2.php?r=19958&u=60

I flatted in the top rock garden as soon as you dropped in, pinch flat but kept it going so i had about 15psi in the rear the whole way.

pro race run i was exhausted and made many mistakes. oh well thats racing, overall a great event put on by Dan and George good job guys.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I flatted in the top rock garden as soon as you dropped in, pinch flat but kept it going so i had about 15psi in the rear the whole way.

pro race run i was exhausted and made many mistakes. oh well thats racing, overall a great event put on by Dan and George good job guys.
I meant nothing by it Dennis, good solid day for most people. That top rockgarden took its toll on alot of people I heard.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
good to see Ford racing again. havent seen him race in a few years now.

bad news for Neko if he really did break his arm.
hope ya get better soon buddy!

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
weird...when i left yesterday my time posted was 4:07...but now it's 4:12? did i get 5 seconds added for leaving early?
Not sure if it affected you, but they did request some folks do re-runs. I'm not sure if that was due to timing issues or because someone crashed and blocked the trail.

I took a video of my first practice run after which the GoPro HD stopped working and displayed "SoS" on the lcd. If I had to guess why, I would say the Transcend SD card overheated. Has this happened to any of you? What cards are you using? For those that have GoPro HDs, I would appreciate setup thoughts. This is my first time using the thing.

Now you can show all your friends exactly where those people were standing in the hairpin turns that added a minute to your time :rofl:

Last edited:

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
It would not surprise me if it was faulty. I couldn't get it to play back on two different tvs and I actually read the instructions. It felt pretty warm then too.

I was wondering if that was just because I had recorded the videos in HD and it couldn't play them back over composite. At any rate a call to GoPro tomorrow will sort it out. I need to call them anyhow to get that orange boot thing. Supposedly it completely gets rid of the clicking noises!

VADHPROMO

Monkey
Dec 1, 2004
A, A
weird...when i left yesterday my time posted was 4:07...but now it's 4:12? did i get 5 seconds added for leaving early?
I have great information to answer this question stay tuned.

It has to do with missed start times and reruns.

We have to understand official results and times are not available during the
heat of the race. The race clocks are not your official time. I may request
to turn the clocks off in the future. We may not announce times in the future at Mass..

Official results are prior to awards. Please understand this for future events
anywhere you race.

Just my two cents NOT IN Stone about the clocks being taken away.

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
If it was Micah they took the timing equipment down before he got his second re- run. Atleat he got a refund...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
my friend Micah I guess had a flat up top near the start and they told him he could go back down and change the tire, when he got back up everyone had left so he got a DNF. I guess he got his money back but...

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
If he got a flat during his run, that's just unfortunate for them. I don't think it's fair for them to have a re-run just for that... It happened to me too towards the top. It would be like giving everyone a rerun because they crashed on one of the corners.

That is unless he got his flat on his re-run which was caused by another event out of his control. v:(v

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
It's my understanding he got a flat before the start. Guess there was a piece of barbed wire (or something) laying on the ground and he ran over it approaching the start gate/line.

Something that should be avoidable.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Anyone who gets a flat, well, it;'s just too bad. Unless you're Yuroshek and your bike heals itself and regenerates like a super hero and goes back up to 15psi after. :rofl:
these new prototype DFY tubes actually do work! good to see you out there butch!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Overall, it was a great weekend as always down there.

I was a little bummed about registration, though. Quite a few of us honored the promoter's request to pre-register, and I'm trying to figure out why. Not only did we have to wait in line with all of the non-registered racers and fill out all the exact same paperwork (which was a lengthy PITA), it actually cost us $5 MORE to pre-regiser. Kind of seemed like a kick in the nuts.

In the past, Massanutten has been the gold standard for registration. If you pre-registered, all you had to do was walk in, show them your license, sign a quick waiver, and away you went with your number plate. At the risk of sounding like a prima donna, if there's no benefit and actually a $5 penalty to pre-registering in the future, I'll be sure to make sure I skip the whole pre-reg.