Quantcast

>>> Middle Nonsense<<<

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
huh...I thought all polestars were chinese electric cars right now...while they used to be fancy chinese volvos.
Ah, got it. The Polestar 1 and 2 standalone models are electrics.

Polestar is also a M-appearance-package-like trim level on the standard gas Volvos, like the V70 that stoney is eyeing. Gold seatbelts!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
you talkin' to donny, eric, and ivanka?

you know what you need to do once the jam is pumped up and the groove is in the heart? yeah, that's right...
Mostly myself but I think it applies to anyone. Family business is no bueno. Especially with siblings but all family members are capable of being backstabby. If there is a history of it, guaranteed, the future holds more.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Polestar is also a M-appearance-package-like trim level on the standard gas Volvos, like the V70 that stoney is eyeing. Gold seatbelts!
V60, thank you very much.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Don't they also have HOLINS dampers or something? To each their own, but I still wouldn't brag about the depreciation of a volvo over my stupid eyetalian car. Still want a V90 regardless, but my vehicle choices are (and always will be)....questionable.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Don't they also have HOLINS dampers or something? To each their own, but I still wouldn't brag about the depreciation of a volvo over my stupid eyetalian car. Still want a V90 regardless, but my vehicle choices are (and always will be)....questionable.
The v90 Polestar engineering model is baller. But also, soul crushingly expensive.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm finding it difficult to summon the motivation to do much of anything. Beautiful day outside, and I have the opportunity to go for a ride, but it just feels like so much work...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Just got back from our first one hour private session with a dog trainer for the new dog, focusing the first lesson on leash walking. Holy shit, what a difference. It's nice to get some expert training from a professional. Our dog is smart and picks up on things quickly. In the span of an hour, she went from darting back and forth, front and back, to walking a step behind me on my left. Now we just need to get that to be normal behavior.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
finally found a thread online with the same issue and troubleshooting as i did, and the other fixes didn't work. Diverter valve. $50, will be delivered friday.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got back from our first one hour private session with a dog trainer for the new dog, focusing the first lesson on leash walking. Holy shit, what a difference. It's nice to get some expert training from a professional. Our dog is smart and picks up on things quickly. In the span of an hour, she went from darting back and forth, front and back, to walking a step behind me on my left. Now we just need to get that to be normal behavior.
That seems like a much better way than we taught Layla to stop chasing rabbits. She had a gentle leader on and darted after a rabbit. I just didn't give when she yanked and one head-whip backflip later, she hasn't chased a rabbit in 5yrs. Does still pull some now, but I think that's from a lack of walking enough...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was just introduced to the most amazingly fucked up game - Dad or Daddy. Go to a higher-end restaurant and try to figure out if the mixed age (M/M, M/F, F/M) couples are couples or a family. [Mind-blown]

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I was just introduced to the most amazingly fucked up game - Dad or Daddy. Go to a higher-end restaurant and try to figure out if the mixed age (M/M, M/F, F/M) couples are couples or a family. [Mind-blown]
In my world, this is called "spot the human trafficker".

edit:
Speaking of, just rescheduled our return flight from Hawaii next month after a giant airline that starts with the letter U moved everything around on me. Final leg on a MAX. :nope:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
aaaaaaaand my daughter clogged the toilet and kept flushing until it overflowed. it was an honest accident, but still.

and of COURSE its while our laundry machine is out of commission.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I've already been. Other places I haven't been to yet.
I spent an entire summer in Europe in 1999... and went back to Italy in 2000 for our honeymoon... and then again summer of 2019. Can't wait to make another trip. Hopefully for a few weeks next time. Or a few months.

I *would* also like to get back to Austria... and France... and Scotland... and Ireland... and Norway... :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I spent an entire summer in Europe in 1999... and went back to Italy in 2000 for our honeymoon... and then again summer of 2019. Can't wait to make another trip. Hopefully for a few weeks next time. Or a few months.

I *would* also like to get back to Austria... and France... and Scotland... and Ireland... and Norway... :D
close to italy.....in switzerland.....has some outstanding views.....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
This is why I'm probably done flying.
Anything West of the Rockies, no effing way I'm going to LAX. Flew JSX air out of Burbank a while back and it was pretty acceptable, I'm kind of willing to do it again. I better be going somewhere really, really awesome if it's going to involve a trip to LAX.

How you gonna get to Italy? On a boat??
That's the problem with those silly European countries, why'd they put that shit so far away? Poor decision really. Could we at least tow Ireland toward the coast of Maine or something?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Anything West of the Rockies, no effing way I'm going to LAX. Flew JSX air out of Burbank a while back and it was pretty acceptable, I'm kind of willing to do it again. I better be going somewhere really, really awesome if it's going to involve a trip to LAX.

That's the problem with those silly European countries, why'd they put that shit so far away? Poor decision really. Could we at least tow Ireland toward the coast of Maine or something?
Sorry, man... that shit's getting FURTHER away from us every day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
First eye exam for a couple of years this lunchtime. The drops to dilate my eyes basically made me half blind until now, so zero work was done this afternoon.

And it's been perfect riding conditions for the last couple of hours :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just plowed into a FedEx driver who stepped out from behind his truck into the bike lane. Thankfully the box he was carrying took the brunt of the impact. Never played football but somehow my instinct was to lower my shoulder and hit him in the midsection with decent form.