Quantcast

))) Middle(((

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Booked my first Pfizer, 6th Sept is as early as possible. Booked the second one at the same time, it's Oct something, we're doing the long gap so it has better efficacy. I fucking hate needles. I hate the idea of liquid being injected in my muscle. Makes my balls retract just thinking about it. I would rather crash my bike or get hit in the shins with a plank than have a needle in my arm but I will do this anyway.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Booked my first Pfizer, 6th Sept is as early as possible. Booked the second one at the same time, it's Oct something, we're doing the long gap so it has better efficacy. I fucking hate needles. I hate the idea of liquid being injected in my muscle. Makes my balls retract just thinking about it. I would rather crash my bike or get hit in the shins with a plank than have a needle in my arm but I will do this anyway.
You can't even feel it. Sit down. Close your eyes and wait until they say done. The needle is almost non-existent tiny.

edit: @Changleen it is smaller than the needles my daughters have been getting their other vaccines with - who are 3 and 9. It really is absolutely tiny. You've felt more stepping on a rick barefoot - the "what was that" type, not "oh fuck" type.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Making PowerPoints with charts and stuff for a technical review where people will inevitably gloss over the data/conclusions and instead focus on formatting and presentation. Cause that's what's important, right?

Otherwise, will resume playing finish carpenter and getting this oak railing hung. Trying to wrestle the task from my FIL as he's more of a, do your best and putty the rest, while I'm more of a, spend the time and get things to fit right so you don't have to use copious amounts of putty to cover your fuck ups after the fact kinda guy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Otherwise, will resume playing finish carpenter and getting this oak railing hung. Trying to wrestle the task from my FIL as he's more of a, do your best and putty the rest, while I'm more of a, spend the time and get things to fit right so you don't have to use copious amounts of putty to cover your fuck ups after the fact kinda guy.
i'll be you $5 his car is mostly bondo

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You can't even feel it. Sit down. Close your eyes and wait until they say done. The needle is almost non-existent tiny.

edit: @Changleen it is smaller than the needles my daughters have been getting their other vaccines with - who are 3 and 9. It really is absolutely tiny. You've felt more stepping on a rick barefoot - the "what was that" type, not "oh fuck" type.
Thanks for this, does actually genuinely help. Cleansing breath.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi pals! Another early, warm, humid, buggy run done...5 miles.

I earned a $50 gift card from work for completing "healthy activities." I've gotten $250 of these things over the past year. I choose Amazon gift cards and then just kick them over to the wife so she can buy more crap. Employees are not taxed on those things but they really should be. As the payroll manager, I ought to speak up about that, but the program has been going on since long before my arrival.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Thanks for this, does actually genuinely help. Cleansing breath.
The injection really is not a big deal, honestly. Just look away when they administer and you'll barely feel a thing. If it wasn't for several days of dead arm after (worst part, IMO), I would question whether or not she actually gave me the injection in the first place, I felt that little. Both times.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My 6 year old screamed like a stuck pig for her injection as I held her on my lap. My 8 year old didn’t flinch. Which one are you more akin to?! To be fair, the 6 year old was in a very stuck-pig-screaming mood for all hospital activities that day: it wasn’t the needle, per se.

(Yes, COVID vaccine-size needles as they were/are in the BNT/Pfizer 5-11.5 year old trial.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My 6 year old screamed like a stuck pig for her injection as I held her on my lap. My 8 year old didn’t flinch. Which one are you more akin to?! To be fair, the 6 year old was in a very stuck-pig-screaming mood for all hospital activities that day: it wasn’t the needle, per se.

(Yes, COVID vaccine-size needles as they were/are in the BNT/Pfizer 5-11.5 year old trial.)
my son is more OK with shots than our daughter. the trick we find helps is let them play on a table while they get their shots. totally unfazed that way.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anyway, I got called in to work today instead of not working. Co worker with family medical emergency in Chicago.

I shall do this day shift from home, I think, only going in if someone complains. I live close enough that it’s not a big deal anyway but to not deal with driving and parking and other people in person besides my family here would be just peachy

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my son is more OK with shots than our daughter. the trick we find helps is let them play on a table while they get their shots. totally unfazed that way.
Usually my kids’ roles are reversed. Younger one is usually chill and older one more of a spaz. Go figure. Kids are kids.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Youngest started his junior year of HS today. WTF? :panic:

covid vaccines use a 21g needle, which has a nominal OD of 0.83mm. This is several orders of magnitude smaller than the diameter of the tubes used for intubation. just some food for thought.
They've gotten better with vaccine needles and blood-draw needles over the last decade or so, in my experience. Shit is hardly noticeable any more. I wonder if it's just that they've gotten smaller or... maybe some other improvements as well?

DSO decided 4:20 was a good time to alert us she needed outside for a dump.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hey monkeys. 51 degrees and raining, expecting a third of an inch and maybe half an inch between today and yesterday. Cooler weather for the rest of the week. This time of year we usually get thunder storms, the past couple of rains have been useful, lasting for 2 to 3 hours and light enough not to cause runoff.

We have been thinking about moving back to Washington so I have been checking out the price of housing, based on the current market it's looking like a double wide or single wide.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it tickles....my brother and i both got the single shot....no soreness or sickness....

parents double dipped.....no.soreness or sickness eother

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
FTS on high. :disgust:
my meter got pegged yesterday....decidef to buy a hundred dollar plane ticket to see colter wall in philly on the 12th of sept if he doesnt cancel before then....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Home with a sick kid again, bleh. Dogs seem to be enjoying his company, he just dumped a whole box of ritz on them, which makes up for wiping his nose on them I guess.

In meteorology news, we finally got some rain, no idea where it came from, was hot as ballz yesterday, just glad we got it.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Alright fuckers, milestone achieved... formed an LLC so that I may continue to make money doing what I do.
Easy peasy mac and cheesy paperwork, just remember your 1065 statements which documents what you pay yourself are due a month before taxes..

I got a nastygram from the feds my first year when I was late filing those though they did wave the ////fine after a phone call...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Mom win of the day...scheduled dental cleanings, physicals and orthodontist check all in the same day to minimize running around and it's raining so I didn't even miss anything fun to do all of this! Gymnastics tonight for both girls then I'm up early for some interviews (we're hiring and the principal likes my input on these matters) before heading off camping for the weekend. Good times!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Set oatmeal in microwave for twice the time needed because i forgot what I was making. Day hasn't improved much.
In my teenage years I once set a Costco muffin on fire in the microwave because I hit one too many buttons and then proceeded to fall asleep on the couch. It took weeks for that stench to clear the microwave.