Quantcast

*+#Mondaze GMT#+*

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got a lot of painting done and it looks damn good. Getting a door from gray to white takes a lot of layers of primer and paint plus some work to clean up mics damage from years of neglect.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
here. About to give my notice. Trying to psyche myself up. Commuted to the new place on my way in here today...it's like exactly the same amount of time, but arguably easier to commute by bike, so that should be cool.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
here. About to give my notice. Trying to psyche myself up. Commuted to the new place on my way in here today...it's like exactly the same amount of time, but arguably easier to commute by bike, so that should be cool.
channel your inner canadian and say "sorry" profusely

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wife and kid were at a local grocery store doing a fundraiser for the youth symphony yesterday. Fund raiser consists of these kids playing their instruments near the store entrance and/or selling chocolates in small groups all around town. Some crackhead tossed the cupcake stand at them then tried to run off with the donation bucket. Store employee chased the lady down and got the bucket back. Kids were pretty shook up, but got a shit ton of cash from people who witnessed the whole thing. I can't wait to see how their fundraiser went vs the other groups. :rofl:

Also, not impressed by how the Leaf handles in the snow. Holy under steer, batman!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife and kid were at a local grocery store doing a fundraiser for the youth symphony yesterday. Fund raiser consists of these kids playing their instruments near the store entrance and/or selling chocolates in small groups all around town. Some crackhead tossed the cupcake stand at them then tried to run off with the donation bucket. Store employee chased the lady down and got the bucket back. Kids were pretty shook up, but got a shit ton of cash from people who witnessed the whole thing. I can't wait to see how their fundraiser went vs the other groups. :rofl:

Also, not impressed by how the Leaf handles in the snow. Holy under steer, batman!
fisher price my first crackhead story

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Skinny, hard rubber and 40PSI not working too well eh?

~9inches of snow here, wondering how much more tomorrows storm will dump.

@Nick did you find out it was cancelled before fighting your way east to the airport?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Only meeting is a 5min school staff meeting up by Golden at 9am, which was delayed by an hour. Otherwise, stuff at home until Wed afternoon.

Why I kept the Forester.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Skinny, hard rubber and 40PSI not working too well eh?

~9inches of snow here, wondering how much more tomorrows storm will dump.

@Nick did you find out it was cancelled before fighting your way east to the airport?

I still have my summer wheels on. I definitely didn't expect snow tires yet.
Maybe 5" down here. We should be skiing your driveway.
Yes I checked first thing. Already on tomorrow's flight. I hope it STORMS overnight again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Woke up to about 6" lying about, soft to the touch if you grab it (hopefully with gloves on!)... of snow, people, of snow. I hope that's not what she said.

not impressed by how the Leaf handles in the snow
Why I kept the Forester.
I should perhaps consider investing in a winter set of wheels. :think:
Leaf and Bolt and every car out there does just fine with some Nokian Hakka R3s on in the winter. Do it!

Related: Driving in was totally fine in the Land Cruiser on Nokians. :D But people are such idiots. Making 2 lanes out of what should be 3, driving 25, not braking early for lights and skidding about, snowcakes aplenty atop cars, high beams on because one low beam is out and they're skint--oh wait, that last part isn't a snow-specific thing.

I hope it STORMS overnight again.
This is supposed to be a two-fer storm, so perhaps you will get your wish +/- 12 hours.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Doing new hire paperwork this morning, then maybe a phone interview or 3 today. The new gig is only slated until 12/20 due to end of year closure and "crisis mode". If they like me and I am justified, the least they will do is extend. But my goal is to have a solid offer prior to EOY for SOMEWHERE. Otherwise, more "vacation" planned.

Worst case, the new gig is a bust and I collect a check for a few weeks. Best case scenario is I have multiple offers and get to choose one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The most depressing place on the planet: Fry's Electronics

Granted, I haven't been there in a while and really I haven't had much need to go at all (it's a 90 minute drive). It seems everyone else has that same problem. With all this time I have been spending with the online courses, it became apparent my $5 keyboard was doing more harm than good. I looked online and it seemed like Fry's had at least a few in stock for $20-$30, so off I went.

Half the store was empty, huge swaths of open floor space and wicked bare shelves. I get to the back corner where the PC crap is and the keyboard isle was damn near empty. On one end, there were maybe 100 of the $5 specials in a heap. Then all the way at the other end, there were 4 types, 1 of each of 2 of them, then a few of the others. Maybe 2 dozen total, none on display. I took the only non-color coded "gaming" keyboard that included a mouse for $30 and left. There were 4 cashiers open, nobody in line. MAYBE a dozen customers in there total.

Retail tends to be depressing, but this was so next level. The new keyboard is marginally better, the mouse is really nice bonus as I didn't think my existing mouse was bad. But I couldn't wait to get out of there, damn.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Still job hunting. I hate this game.

The most depressing place on the planet: Fry's Electronics

Granted, I haven't been there in a while and really I haven't had much need to go at all (it's a 90 minute drive). It seems everyone else has that same problem. With all this time I have been spending with the online courses, it became apparent my $5 keyboard was doing more harm than good. I looked online and it seemed like Fry's had at least a few in stock for $20-$30, so off I went.

Half the store was empty, huge swaths of open floor space and wicked bare shelves. I get to the back corner where the PC crap is and the keyboard isle was damn near empty. On one end, there were maybe 100 of the $5 specials in a heap. Then all the way at the other end, there were 4 types, 1 of each of 2 of them, then a few of the others. Maybe 2 dozen total, none on display. I took the only non-color coded "gaming" keyboard that included a mouse for $30 and left. There were 4 cashiers open, nobody in line. MAYBE a dozen customers in there total.

Retail tends to be depressing, but this was so next level. The new keyboard is marginally better, the mouse is really nice bonus as I didn't think my existing mouse was bad. But I couldn't wait to get out of there, damn.
Samesies with Sears. One store I went to had replaced physical product on shelves with a sign saying you could order it online. What an injustice for a formerly revolutionary retailer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I should perhaps consider investing in a winter set of wheels. :think:
This is advisable.

Samesies with Sears. One store I went to had replaced physical product on shelves with a sign saying you could order it online. What an injustice for a formerly revolutionary retailer.
Ain't you guys have a Micro Center 'round your parts? The one 'round here is always crowded and is full of product.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ain't you guys have a Micro Center 'round your parts? The one 'round here is always crowded and is full of product.
I was going to bring this up. Micro Center is only very slightly depressing for its austerity and the people who go there (note that I go there so I'm including myself in this group :D).

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
People who think large corporations are effective are morons. Seriously. "oooh this company is big and I know the brand, therefore, everything they do must be smart and every person from it is smart". A huge plan has just gone down the drain because 2 divisions can't communicate and did not inform each other of their plans for 6 months. They sit 50m from each other. FFS.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
People who think large corporations are effective are morons. Seriously. "oooh this company is big and I know the brand, therefore, everything they do must be smart and every person from it is smart". A huge plan has just gone down the drain because 2 divisions can't communicate and did not inform each other of their plans for 6 months. They sit 50m from each other. FFS.
can confirm.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Then again the non corporate job I was at before wasn't better since when someone didn't do his job no one tried to force him to do. Even if there was a huge meeting with partners when someone is humiliated for being a moron

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ugh. I'm sitting here bleeding from the scrot and my manager is trying to counteroffer the new position. I know that it's a horrible idea, but it's going to be a hard decision if he comes back with the next level up. It's hard for a person without an advanced degree to move up to that level in my industry...that's pretty fucking enticing, and not leaving all the friends and work life comfort I have here....ugh

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ugh. I'm sitting here bleeding from the scrot and my manager is trying to counteroffer the new position. I know that it's a horrible idea, but it's going to be a hard decision if he comes back with the next level up. It's hard for a person without an advanced degree to move up to that level in my industry...that's pretty fucking enticing, and not leaving all the friends and work life comfort I have here....ugh
DO NOT DO IT.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
No.

If they appreciated the work you were doing and if they wanted to keep talent, it would have been apparent before you told them you were leaving and the work environment wouldn't be as toxic as you described.

They do not give a shit about you.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No.

If they appreciated the work you were doing and if they wanted to keep talent, it would have been apparent before you told them you were leaving and the work environment wouldn't be as toxic as you described.

They do not give a shit about you.
it's easier/cheaper to keep you than to train your replacement.