Quantcast

Monkeyfest 2006 -- Part Deux???

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So, anyone interested in renting the lodge again this fall for Monkeyfest Part Deux??? I checked with the lodge owner and it is available September 29-October 1st and he's checking on Columbus day weekend as well.

Perhaps one of our mods could sticky this for me :help:

I'll keep updating the list of interested people here and if we can get enough, I would be happy to arrange the event again!

Current interest:
TreeSaw & sq-earl
Mikethebike (one of our friends from Deck Party)
Powernapper (Don)
McGRP01
MBC & IAB
gnurider1080
BadDNA
barbaton (?)
jdcamb (?)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
hmmm interesting... very interesting.... well I'm interested. but I won't know for sure if I can make it until sept. how many ppl do we need for the house?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
hooples3 said:
hmmm interesting... very interesting.... well I'm interested. but I won't know for sure if I can make it until sept. how many ppl do we need for the house?
The house has beds for 20-22 people and there is plenty of room for cots too. If we can get 20 people it's the same price or a little less than the local campground.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Heidi said:
I'd love to but airfare is RIDICULOUS
You could do JetBlue round trip from either Seattle -> Boston or Portland -> NYC for $320. I'm sure you could catch a ride with a fellow :monkey: from either Logan or JFK to East Burke! :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Heidi said:
Can't, I'm heading to Switzerland and France next week to ride! :love:
nice.. take pics please and thank you..

( and shes complaining about airfare to Vt being expensive):rolleyes:

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
There's about a 50% chance I'll be in Orlando for a conference then, otherwise I'd love to come. I should know in the next week or two.

Out of curiosity, how much is the lodge?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Ridemonkey said:
There's about a 50% chance I'll be in Orlando for a conference then, otherwise I'd love to come. I should know in the next week or two.

technically monkeyfest could be a business related trip seeing as how it revolves around one of your websites... :clue:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Ridemonkey said:
Treesaw can tell you for sure, but with 20+/- people it worked out to be $50 for the whole weekend per person, w/ Treesaw's yummy meals included!! Just about the same as it would be for a site at Burke Mountain Campground. (I think overall it was like $700-$800)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
McGRP01 said:
You could do JetBlue round trip from either Seattle -> Boston or Portland -> NYC for $320. I'm sure you could catch a ride with a fellow :monkey: from either Logan or JFK to East Burke! :thumb:
true if you can get to jfk... I can give you a ride up

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Possibly in for this. I have no idea yet again where and if i'll be working then, and as before I will be much more likely to go if Echo or someone else from Roch wants to go and split a ride. This time I might just stay in vermont...:cool:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Ridemonkey said:
$400/night... I'm not sure if it will go up due to peak foliage.

Treesaw, I'm still a maybe. Like I said, I'm not too keen on spending $180 on gas again, but if I can find some passengers who can commit to the trip and split gas with me...