Quantcast

Mont Ste Anne World Cup - now live!

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

Beneke ripping in '96 at the World Cup at Big Bear....check out his legs...and the prototype 4" Manitou..lol

Good to see him back racing.
Indeed. He was actually quite upset that he didn't make the top 10 in MSA, quite ambitious for the old man! It's kind of sad that now that he has to pay for his own bikes he's on a decent rig for the first time in his carreer.

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Yeah, someone should hook him up with some good gear and support just out of respect for who he is and what did has done in the sport....he's was always a super nice dude, never had the ego of some of the other Pro's. Is he still married to Stacy Miller (I think that was her name)? I remember she was at that race too and I was going up the lift with her when Benny went under us and she was yelling "Go Teddy Bear!" and then we all made fun of him HAHAHAHA.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
mr. Old World Plaster had a sweet custom OWP skin suit on for the finals. all he needed to do was take off his visor and it would have looked like a Beneke race run from 10 years ago.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
73rd . . . North America did a good job flatting, bumping into trees, and bringing up the rear:cheers:
I'll take the crashing into trees one.

broken chain at the top=seperated shoulder due to tree crashing=dirtnap in the final tree section. My quali run was harsh forsure.

So stoked on this race though, it was truely a great experiance!

I missed quali by a couple of slots, even if I would have made it though...my shoulder whould not have let me race :disgust1:

Flat Out

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
santa croooz
73rd . . . North America did a good job flatting, bumping into trees, and bringing up the rear:cheers:
It was good to see all the americans out there, I think there were 16 entered and 9 made the final.

I ended up 75th with 2 crashes, but still a good experience. WC's are amazing. My split was a 2:22 which would have placed me top 45 if I continued at the same pace, so good times.... Can't wait for the next

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
if the quebec official saw this picture they would be very upset... there is skin showing on his thigh which in quebec is illegal apparently

what he needs is some super custom E13 sticker pads, hahaha... silly rules require silly solutions

Alex Morgan.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
if the quebec official saw this picture they would be very upset... there is skin showing on his thigh which in quebec is illegal apparently

what he needs is some super custom E13 sticker pads, hahaha... silly rules require silly solutions
I just saw the pics of the E13 shinguard in the other thread. Is this for reals? Full leg protection is a UCI-mandate? So that's why so many racers are wearing moto pants at UCI races?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
I just saw the pics of the E13 shinguard in the other thread. Is this for reals? Full leg protection is a UCI-mandate? So that's why so many racers are wearing moto pants at UCI races?
not a uci thing... this is a quebec federation rule

the uci had to enforce it at st anne, but they were pretty laid back obout it (the uci official i spoke to thought it was rediculous)

they said "you have to cover the skin on your arms, and front of your legs"... so yeah, i grabbed a bunch of stickers and that made them happy, haha

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
not a uci thing... this is a quebec federation rule

the uci had to enforce it at st anne, but they were pretty laid back obout it (the uci official i spoke to thought it was rediculous)

they said "you have to cover the skin on your arms, and front of your legs"... so yeah, i grabbed a bunch of stickers and that made them happy, haha
hahaha thats funny...

on another note...what fork is that on the BCD?? is it a maverick? how does it hold up for dh?

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
To celebrate the 10th year of the boxxer, Rock Shox through those on all their pro riders bikes on Friday morning. There was a lot of photographer double takes.
did they just change up the lowers and the crowns?? cus giving racers a brand new fork probably would have been annoying for them if they had to break them in just before a race...

just wondering...i thought they looked pretty gnarly

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
owned by the girls

2 TRUMPORE Lee USA 5:15.09
3 MORGAN Alex USA 5:16.56

:huh:

no kidding, its been 6 years since a girl beat me, missy @ VT.

props to the them. granded i coasted down 1/2 of the track after my chain threw, sucked not pedaling to the finish.

working on some pics now for litter.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I'll take the crashing into trees one.

broken chain at the top=seperated shoulder due to tree crashing=dirtnap in the final tree section. My quali run was harsh forsure.

So stoked on this race though, it was truely a great experiance!

I missed quali by a couple of slots, even if I would have made it though...my shoulder whould not have let me race :disgust1:
Ow dude. Sux...heal up quick.