Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
What a fucking abomination. :disgust1:
Genuinely curious why you feel that way. Certainly get that it's an overpriced, ostentatious pile of garbage but it looks waaaay nicer than the kind of bullshit in that price range in my area:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Genuinely curious why you feel that way. Certainly get that it's an overpriced, ostentatious pile of garbage but it looks waaaay nicer than the kind of bullshit in that price range in my area:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Genuinely curious why you feel that way.
Certainly get that it's an overpriced, ostentatious pile of garbage
:think:

but it looks waaaay nicer than the kind of bullshit in that price range in my area:

Just because your example is *also* an abomination, doesn't make the 1st one any *less* of an abomination.

It seems we agree...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:think:

Just because your example is *also* an abomination, doesn't make the 1st one any *less* of an abomination.

It seems we agree...
I bet you've not seen the place being built on US-40, opposite Genesee? I think it's got 4 round turrets on it last time we cycled past.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damnit you two, we've discussed this. :disgust1:

Yes. We have been over this, pneumatics my friend. One I made at half the size clocked a golf ball at 1000 fps. This one has been knocked around enough that I only felt comfortable pumping it up to 20psi. High pressures not only add power but increases efficiency.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yes. We have been over this, pneumatics my friend. One I made at half the size clocked a golf ball at 1000 fps. This one has been knocked around enough that I only felt comfortable pumping it up to 20psi. High pressures not only add power but increases efficiency.

If you get bored one day look at the distance across interstate 75 between ga tech and the old biltmore hotel on google earth. And remember that one side of that road houses a bunch of sexually frustrated engineers types.

And think about the number of windows in that biltmore facade.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Main target has been Pepperell, as it represents a balance of rural feel with reasonably good schools. That and proximity to family, friends, and potential employment.

We were looking in Southern NH for a while, but that marker got so hot that the increased taxes blew up any advantage we may have had on selling price.
Nice area. Fairly rural. The Nashua River Rail Trail is really nice. Take the kids on it every now and then. Hope you guys find something suitable out there.

Half serious here, but if you're willing to consider a major fixer upper in Stow MA, our neighbors house has been in preforeclosure for god knows how long, and she pretty much has mad cow (Creutzfeldt-Jakob) disease. Really really sad situation. I think she's with a daughter in TX now as she declined super fast. One day we ran across the street to help her since she fell on her steps after a week of testing at MGH and a week later she was out at the Mayo clinic for experimental treatments. Haven't seen her since. The house will hit the market at some point.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you get bored one day look at the distance across interstate 75 between ga tech and the old biltmore hotel on google earth. And remember that one side of that road houses a bunch of sexually frustrated engineers types.

And think about the number of windows in that biltmore facade.
This style valve makes it an order of magnitude more powerful than a standard potato/solenoid setup

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You edited your post. that looks way more straightforward than what you originally posted.

"taliwack"

huh huh

Yeah, found something closer to what I came up with which is even simpler. Pretty much just a 4" sink plunger and a ball valve. Cheap and easily acquired parts but takes some fiddling to make reliable. Should be taken as seriously as a firearm above 40 psi and is pretty much artillery at 100. Does require a machined insert to be able to used with a specific projectile, Always wanted to try an ice slug for the PVC barrel but don't have a good testing range. But anything you can stuff into a wet rag will work.

All of this of course is for educational purposes, thermodynamics and shit.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
In my early teens, it was a Tulare County Deputy Sheriff who introduced me into the world of potato and schedule 40 pvc based artillery. Many versions and sizes would later follow, though for pure shits and giggles, the best one was the kumquat gun my brother built.

/Coolstorybro

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yeah, found something closer to what I came up with which is even simpler. Pretty much just a 4" sink plunger and a ball valve. Cheap and easily acquired parts but takes some fiddling to make reliable. Should be taken as seriously as a firearm above 40 psi and is pretty much artillery at 100. Does require a machined insert to be able to used with a specific projectile, Always wanted to try an ice slug for the PVC barrel but don't have a good testing range. But anything you can stuff into a wet rag will work.

All of this of course is for educational purposes, thermodynamics and shit.
/subscribed

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Nice area. Fairly rural. The Nashua River Rail Trail is really nice. Take the kids on it every now and then. Hope you guys find something suitable out there.

Half serious here, but if you're willing to consider a major fixer upper in Stow MA, our neighbors house has been in preforeclosure for god knows how long, and she pretty much has mad cow (Creutzfeldt-Jakob) disease. Really really sad situation. I think she's with a daughter in TX now as she declined super fast. One day we ran across the street to help her since she fell on her steps after a week of testing at MGH and a week later she was out at the Mayo clinic for experimental treatments. Haven't seen her since. The house will hit the market at some point.
At this point, we'd be willing to consider Stow, I just haven't seen anything pop on the market in our price range ( < $450K). Well, except for an old church that was for sale, but that place probably has demons I don't wanna mess with.

Of course even the fixer upper seem to be going for crazy money. We saw a place that hadn't been updated since the 50s, had water damage and mold, had a collapsing foundation in the garage, a 30' tall metal satellite dish in the back yard and had a derelict in-ground swimming pool, and it still went for $25K over asking. It's nuts.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
that place probably has demons I don't wanna mess with.
You got some fucked up priorities.

that's one of the few things in real estate I'd pay extra for

The real threat of a church property in my mind would be finding the buried children or black people buried in the back when I went to start stacking dirt jumps. Still not necessarily a deal breaker but still.....

Unless that's what you actually meant.....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This fucking place. :rofl:

The super professional pictures aside, nothing in the basement, nor the un-pictured addition to the garage are permitted, and the basement floods regularly.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
not people buying homes

investors buying properties
maybe where you are.

a home in my neighborhood (which was built in the 60's) just sold to a retired couple. $40k over the asking price of $450k. first day on the market, and there were 7 bids. the house was comparable in size and condition to mine, and we paid $350k 8 years ago.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
maybe where you are.

a home in my neighborhood (which was built in the 60's) just sold to a retired couple. $40k over the asking price of $450k. first day on the market, and there were 7 bids. the house was comparable in size and condition to mine, and we paid $350k 8 years ago.
Okay that's one.

More residents moved up here last year than I've ever seen before during the pandemic and it's such a douchey market all the real estate groups publish their sales data. It was rich fucks retreating. Based on my unscientific observations of stinkeye above a patagonia logo on the trails, they're here for good. I'm more talking about what's going on now during this rebound/backlash whatever you want to call it. This isn't just people moving to a new residence, not at all.
Plenty of links posted in this thread already. I'm getting a very 2007-2008 vibe.

Last edited: