Quantcast

Mount Snow Updates

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
daily updates w/ pics, some vids and audio at litter.

downhill rules, i have no idea who to bet for. not even commenting on slalom.
should have known you would be there, man i wish i was.
i didn't want to click the next arrow afraid it might be the last
and bring the pics/audio to the end.

Tell boice hi for me and also tell his to quit fooling around and ride fast like i know he can!

codding riding with platforms? lol. he still puts his feet
on them like they are clipless.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
son of a...... :mumble: I hope the good people at Sugar take a look at these pics of Mt Snow's Slalom Course for next year and take notes....once again Mt Snow built course that looks fun as dookie. and probably a lot longer than 18-23 seconds. :rolleyes: oh and congrats Moto on the win in slalom yesterday. way to rep the south biotch

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
the first clips remind me of the first time i went to VT.
it was pro/ex class together and i was semi-ex fast.

first run down i head what sounds like a stampede
behind me. If you grew up in Texas you know that sound.
anyway i pull literally off the track b/c i was scared for my life!,
as O'driscoll - Miles and crew come pounding by.

burnt in my head forever is the sound of
rocks/tires/springs/dirt @ 30.

thanks shawn

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Man that course looks like a lot of fun. The guys in the clips are going ridiculously fast. For those of you from the Northeast, it reminds me of the old Trail66 course at Sugarbush. Rerally fast open slope stuff but with really fun rock faces, etc.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
biker3 said:
Could you chime in JuniorX results when you hear about them?
logan bingelli won with a 3:45/6 i dont remember.

i got 12th out of 39 with a crash and then i think i broke my foot later in my run:dead:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
WOW...

I checked out the vid clip they had of practice on Littermag.com, and watching Minnaar followed by (I think) Kirkaldie gap that rock face into the backside of that first double below... that's what I call "piloting" at it's finest.:)

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
yeah,thay were fast, way faster than i thought!

that will make for some great video action.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
bcd said:
yeah,thay were fast, way faster than i thought!

that will make for some great video action.
edit:

"sholder poped out then poped back in on the next rock!"

gheeesh..................:rolleyes:

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Anyone with some full reults know how my countryman Ben Reid got on? He didn't make the top 70 from the looks of things.

Full results still ain't up on Norba's site...slick!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Akula_7 said:
Anyone with some full reults know how my countryman Ben Reid got on? He didn't make the top 70 from the looks of things.

I believe he had a flat and didn't qualify. He isn't on the results sheet for finals.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Akula_7 said:

Unfortunately for Ben he flatted up top in the Quali's. Its too bad because he was absolutely destroying the course this weekend. He looked real fast every time I saw him.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You assume right. Kovarik owned that mountain for 3 years straight and was head and shoulders better than anyone else...but his rear wheel NEVER made it down the mountain in any of his race runs.

Yeah, you can say equipment is part of racing, but if you see that guy go down that particular mountain...you'd know there aren't many MTB wheels that would stay together under him there. It's absolutely sickening to see him go by!!! Too bad he couldn't attend this year.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
I was surprised more of the big teams were not there seen as it is the weekend before Saint Anne.

I would have thought SC Syndicate, Commencal, Kona Lesgets, MS Racing The Cut and others would have been there?

As for punctures, I remember at the first British National back in '03 Ben Reid got a front puncture in his race run at about half way and still managed a top 3 or something ridiculous! I laughed that day.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Syndicate is not doing any NMBS races. Rennie raced at ste anne last week, and spent the last week living at bromont riding. Kona Les Gets was in mt snow, but not the gravity set for some reason. The Cut had a few riders there as well.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Transcend said:
Syndicate is not doing any NMBS races. Rennie raced at ste anne last week, and spent the last week living at bromont riding. Kona Les Gets was in mt snow, but not the gravity set for some reason. The Cut had a few riders there as well.
Yeah...what was even stranger was that Kona Les Gets had their crew at the Sugar Mtn. NORBA too....??? but not the DH set. Barel would have owned on that course....