Quantcast

Mountain Cycle - DW

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I will say one thing about the latest (unnamed) dw-link licensee, its not something that happened yesterday. The unnamed dw-link guys actually were signed up BEFORE Pivot Cycles. This has been in the works for more than a year, its just been kept secret that well..

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I will say one thing about the latest (unnamed) dw-link licensee, its not something that happened yesterday. The unnamed dw-link guys actually were signed up BEFORE Pivot Cycles. This has been in the works for more than a year, its just been kept secret that well..
Its Intense, they are tired of the VPP action

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Sounds good......

but shoudn't a race bike be tested on WC Tracks from WC Riders - however will be interesting to see what the new dw Dh bike will look like an on the other hand what the new Sunday MkIII etc look like............

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Sounds good......

but shoudn't a race bike be tested on WC Tracks from WC Riders - however will be interesting to see what the new dw Dh bike will look like an on the other hand what the new Sunday MkIII etc look like............
Don't worry about that, it's handled!

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
we can do this the easy way or the hard way Dave, just tell us what we need to know and i promise no accident will befall your 1st shipment of stacatto 8 pedals... capiche :monkey:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Don't worry about that, it's handled!

No offense, but the guy on the baby blue DW link bike didn't look like a world cup rider. ;) He looked more like a beer drinking wiffleball player. Hard to believe that you could test the bike in plain sight. :)

Let me know if you need someone to test those pimp looking pedals for you. I believe that I would be the best person for the job. I have good skills in slamming my pedals straight into rocks hard enough to knock me off the bike.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
is the new dw link bike an evil or ibis????

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
did DW buy back evil? will he be using that brand to sell DW link bikes?

could be cool to come full circle and essentially resurrect the brand.

One thing I've noticed from DW is that he doesn't BS...so if he says there will be no IH dw-link bikes in 2009, then there probably won't be, and etc. etc.

Retardless, good luck wherever you end up, and don't forget how cool bikes look in polished aluminum.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
That's not the baby blue DW link bike I was refering to. Some guy was riding a bike at the US Open that was stickered up as an Evil DW link. :)

BTW: you guys entertain me.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
That's not the baby blue DW link bike I was refering to.
i realize that. it's a factory ibis color though & they've already got the dw licence, so it's not bad speculation that the big bike in question is an ibis (or was it stated that it was a new company that acquired licensing?). anyways...

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
nope, that's the bike. I was hearing people speculating what kind of bike it was while I was standing in the lift line at the Open. I couldn't believe that people didn't recognize what it was.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
really?? its pretty clear even with half the bike obscured what it is!

i assume thats DWs personal rig, hence the beer drinking wiffleball ect line?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
ever consider that an employee from evil/e.13 had that SUNDAY painted baby blue and then put a sticker on the head tube?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
What's up with the stanchion bumper? DW doesn't want to turn too tightly to the right?
it's a custom in-line radiator for the rear brake. if you look closely you can see the brake line passing directly through it. it keeps everything so cool you can get away with using a 3" rotor to save weight.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
it's a custom in-line radiator for the rear brake. if you look closely you can see the brake line passing directly through it. it keeps everything so cool you can get away with using a 3" rotor to save weight.

Yeah, they weigh in at 100 grams. It cools the fluid down and will spray a mist on your rotors while the lever is engaged! The idea of running smaller discs is that you can save 50 grams!

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
Yeah, they weigh in at 100 grams. It cools the fluid down and will spray a mist on your rotors while the lever is engaged! The idea of running smaller discs is that you can save 50 grams!
+ 100 gr
- 50 gr
= 50g added total

Wow thats a pretty good idea, hardly adds any weight and u can run a smaller, lighter rear disc! :lighten:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Well...I'm the blabbermouth of the industry and Dave looked me in the eye and said there will be not 1, but 2 brands pumping out a DW bike....oooooohhhhhhh! Whatcha think about that ruffians?

See Dave, that's what you get for messing with my buddy Lothar like that. You should have fixed his fork!!! :rofl:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Well...I'm the blabbermouth of the industry and Dave looked me in the eye and said there will be not 1, but 2 brands pumping out a DW bike....oooooohhhhhhh! Whatcha think about that ruffians?

See Dave, that's what you get for messing with my buddy Lothar like that. You should have fixed his fork!!! :rofl:
Ibis, Pivot....

2 DH DW?

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
Isn't the Sunday the most popular DH bike of all time? ... Shouldn't there be an industry wide bidding war to see who gets to make the next most popular DH bike of all time? ....Does Sam Hill come with the rights to the DW link?

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Isn't the Sunday the most popular DH bike of all time? ... Shouldn't there be an industry wide bidding war to see who gets to make the next most popular DH bike of all time? ....Does Sam Hill come with the rights to the DW link?
Maybe, maybe not. There are some other great dh bikes out there too.
For me the sunday is not only the DW Link, it has - for me -the perfect geomtery and the overall riding feeling is great.

No matter if Sam stays with monster IronHorse or leaves, he will be fast on any bike out there..........

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
DW link kangaroo?

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Pivot will have a 7" Freeride-ish bike for 09. Should be in prototyping soon. Should be showing finished version at Interbike.