Quantcast

Mountain Cycle - DW

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
since dave sold the evil brand just after we started hearing rumors about a new dw bike it seems entirely logical that evil will be making a dw linked bike. Dave always said he could never produce frames in large amounts because it would conflict with his oem deals with various companies. So now that he doesnt own evil my bet is they will have something.

As for big manufacturers my bet goes with cannondale since they are once again under new ownership and the judge sucks.

Norco, huge company with a dated linkage system there is no question that they have the resources and money

Giant like said before by a member maybe they will get it so no one else can have it and they can stop fighting over the maestro dw similarities.

MouseMonkey

Monkey
Jul 29, 2006
Salt Lake City
Huge, successful companies like Giant, Trek and Specialized aren't going to license the DW link. They have massive resources at their disposal - engineers, fabricators, research $... and they also have pride. Just like Fox and Marzocchi aren't going to license the Maxle from SRAM, these huge bike manus aren't going to use another guy's technology, no matter how good it is.

But any second-tier brand is a likely suspect... whether it's a big company with low cred (like IH is/was) or a tiny company that makes good product but just needs that extra little push.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Huge, successful companies like Giant, Trek and Specialized aren't going to license the DW link. They have massive resources at their disposal - engineers, fabricators, research $... and they also have pride. Just like Fox and Marzocchi aren't going to license the Maxle from SRAM, these huge bike manus aren't going to use another guy's technology, no matter how good it is.
funny you should say that!

meastro anybody? split pivot?

EOBF

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Bellingham, WA
I think Norco is getting the DW link. I saw some guys riding one with full norco gear, and no logos of any kind on a DW looking bike. I was going to get a picture of it, but then I saw Bigfoot.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I think Norco is getting the DW link. I saw some guys riding one with full norco gear, and no logos of any kind on a DW looking bike. I was going to get a picture of it, but then I saw Bigfoot.
I have heard the same, but talked to Dave at the Open about it and he said it wasn't Norco. Maybe hes just trying to cover it up for now by saying this. It does make since for Norco to change to the DW to get away from the FSR linkage if they want to grow their market share in the US.

Was also told to look out for the Split Pivot to be part of Kona's new line up too.

Last edited:

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I have heard the same, but talked to Dave at the Open about it and he said it was Norco. Maybe hes just trying to cover it up for now by saying this. It does make since for Norco to change to the DW to get away from the FSR linkage if they want to grow their market share in the US.

Was also told to look out for the Split Pivot to be part of Kona's new line up too.
hopefully not, Norco is no option for me....... solid bikes but no bling bling

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I have heard the same, but talked to Dave at the Open about it and he said it was Norco. Maybe hes just trying to cover it up for now by saying this. It does make since for Norco to change to the DW to get away from the FSR linkage if they want to grow their market share in the US.

You talked to me and I said that Norco was using something??

When??!

I can guarantee that you got some kind of mixed message, because Norco is not using dw-link.. Split Pivot on Kona?!!

Cecil I sure hope you are just pulling these guys collective legs!!

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

When??!

I can guarantee that you got some kind of mixed message, because Norco is not using dw-link.. Split Pivot on Kona?!!

I read his post and smelled burning crack pipes.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I talked to dave in a bolivian bath house this past weekend and he told me the new license goes to bravo condoms. Some weird multi lattice latex polymer that comepletely neutralizes whiskey deflation forces, and at the same time induces some pro squat qualities (for the inmate population).

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA

I've got it! Norco is licensing Maestro from Giant and Kona is getting their goods from trek! :lighten:

Dave on the otherhand has stopped selling the DW link altogether, is is currently living off free beer and nachos bought for him at races by DW link fans hoping to find out what company will have it on their bikes next. :cheers:

I'm on to you Dave!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow. has there not been any good riding lately? or is the weather just really crappy everywhere else.
this place is starting to feel like pinkbike.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
wow. has there not been any good riding lately? or is the weather just really crappy everywhere else.
its pouring here today, otherwise I DEFINITELY would be riding RIGHT NOW. You are right on with the Pinkbike comment. Not sure what's up lately but people certainly have been quick and negative with the 'ol intertongue.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
My excuse is I have to work during the week, and it's nice out, so thinking about how I want to be out riding makes me even more cranky than if it was raining.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
its pouring here today, otherwise I DEFINITELY would be riding RIGHT NOW. You are right on with the Pinkbike comment. Not sure what's up lately but people certainly have been quick and negative with the 'ol intertongue.
I blame it on the effects of too much seafoam green and it's all your fault

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina

When??!

Never said it was a sure thing. I only said I heard this somewhere, not naming names. When I talked to you at the open you did tell me it wasn't Norco.... Same for the Kona rumor.

Only stating it was funny that I heard this and someone on there talking about seeing a DW link style Norco. That’s it......

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
You guys are funny... in a confidential email to me, dw didn't name names, but instead sent me this picture as a clue to who will be rocking the new dw link dh bikes.

hope this makes everyone's day

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
No just been on Pain Meds sence the US Open!!!!! Hope to be back on the bike next weekend.....:happydance:
that will do it man! It was good to see you out there BTW Cecil. I would have loved to chat more, I think you rolled up during one of those crazy moments..

See you out there!

Dave

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
oops! sorry, I haven't really followed the thread too closely, I just poke in every once and a while.

I think that all should be out in the open on the first day of Intertrode on Dirt bike destruction fest.

this multi quote feature is cool!
awesomeo!!!

can't wait to see what you have come up with dw...