Quantcast

My career on conservativesforum.com

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Everything good's getting blocked here at the office...no more u2b (That got blocked about 9 months ago) no more streaming radio stations...grrr....no more conservativeforums now....

And I just noticed The Onion is blocked now...fuq.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That website sucks. Everytime I've tried to see what monkeys are saying, the stuff's been deleted. No surprise though...conservatives only have each other right now and are no doubt feeling rather punchy and irritable. I'm not sure what I am enjoying more: The fact that this country is going in a new direction, or seeing Republicans so angry, frustrated, and helpless.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Means they banned your IP
Haven't tried it against IP bans, but maybe a tor setup - here is a plugin for it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2275

Tor also lets you bypass corporate firewalls/web filters if you run it over port 80 or 443 (cause those aren't usually blocked). Only disadvantage is that its slow.

I've used OperaTor (Opera + Tor) on a USB stick - no installation required. Nice tool for locked down computers/networks.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
vtunnelling or port fwd'ing too

ubuntu updates killed my wireless connection (i don't broadcast ssid & use mac filtering)
i know: "wrong forum n00b"

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
vtunnelling or port fwd'ing too

ubuntu updates killed my wireless connection (i don't broadcast ssid & use mac filtering)
i know: "wrong forum n00b"
[ot]Did you update from 8.04 to 8.10? This time the upgrade process threw a cobra error (unrelated I think) and also killed my wifi when I first booted but then I logged out or rebooted and it was back. Are you using a windows driver with a wrapper, I am?

8.10 wasn't shutting down quickly/smoothly so I erased the partition and installed everything fresh but it didn't help with the shutdown issue - I might try rolling back the video driver next:rant:

None of your wifi security matters much. Its WPA2-AES (best with radius server but PSK is still acceptable) or nuttin - I switched as soon as it was available a few years ago - best wifi security and performance with hardware acceleration

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/wpa-cracked.ars[/ot]

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
[ot]
8.10 wasn't shutting down quickly/smoothly so I erased the partition and installed everything fresh but it didn't help with the shutdown issue - I might try rolling back the video driver next:rant:

None of your wifi security matters much. Its WPA2-AES (best with radius server but PSK is still acceptable) or nuttin - I switched as soon as it was available a few years ago - best wifi security and performance with hardware acceleration

My 8.10 doesn't shut down at all. It stops all services, but never fully shuts down. I haven't fussed with it too much since I don't shut down often.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
[ot]Did you update from 8.04 to 8.10? This time the upgrade process threw a cobra error (unrelated I think) and also killed my wifi when I first booted but then I logged out or rebooted and it was back. Are you using a windows driver with a wrapper, I am?

i was using free radius this summer in AZ, but we just dropped it right in w/ little configuration - so i can't speak to its effectiveness or usefulness for me @ home.

more here

oh, i shut down in anywhere between 9 - 14 seconds