Quantcast

My first flip...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
SOLD! Got an offer last night. It took a little longer than planned... but I stuck to the higher asking price and got the full $74,900 that I wanted. I close in about 8 weeks. There is joy...:thumb:

2 months to close..???

That's a long time... why so long?

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
N8 said:
2 months to close..???

That's a long time... why so long?
I think its usually 30 days... 60 days on this one because of the buyers lease situation...

I was prepared to take $69,900, so I could care less about an extra month to get 5 grand more... :p

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
I think its usually 30 days... 60 days on this one because of the buyers lease situation...

I was prepared to take $69,900, so I could care less about an extra month to get 5 grand more... :p

Nice! What do you pay at closing?

My policy is I pay up to $1000 towards closing and that includes the termite insp, atty's fees, and appraisal.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
N8 said:
Nice! What do you pay at closing?

My policy is I pay up to $1000 towards closing and that includes the termite insp, atty's fees, and appraisal.
Not sure yet as this is my first close, but a grand sounds high if anything if conversations with my realtor are any indication.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
Not sure yet as this is my first close, but a grand sounds high if anything if conversations with my realtor are any indication.

Well, those items I listed above are generally 'must' pays by the seller (at least here anyway) and totaled together they come to about $800.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
N8 said:
Well, those items I listed above are generally 'must' pays by the seller (at least here anyway) and totaled together they come to about $800.
Since this was a vacant house, I dont have a C of O on the property yet... do you think that should be my responsibility (cost and execution)?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
Since this was a vacant house, I dont have a C of O on the property yet... do you think that should be my responsibility (cost and execution)?

Humm... we don't have that on new construction here. What does your realtor say about that?

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Nothing yet... but the "guy at city hall" a few months ago said it would be a good idea if I took care of it, but not sure what the norm is...

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
N8 said:
..I always increase the selling price to cover the Realtor too...
When's it going to be enough man??? :rolleyes:

On another note, I'm helping to broker a deal to buy an old high school that has been converted to 26 apartments. It was run by HUD for a while, and they are now selling it...

We're looking at 225,000 for the property, 150,000 for rehab. We stand to make 35k for a contract assignment, and 22,500 for the Realtor commission. Kind of a long shot, but a neat project.

I didnt expect to get into commercial real estate this early in the game, but the money is too good to ignore the opportunity.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
When's it going to be enough man??? :rolleyes:

On another note, I'm helping to broker a deal to buy an old high school that has been converted to 26 apartments. It was run by HUD for a while, and they are now selling it...

We're looking at 225,000 for the property, 150,000 for rehab. We stand to make 35k for a contract assignment, and 22,500 for the Realtor commission. Kind of a long shot, but a neat project.

I didnt expect to get into commercial real estate this early in the game, but the money is too good to ignore the opportunity.

That's what a developer did with the old Albuquerque High School... the apartments/condos they made out of it are high dollar!!

http://www.nationaltrust.org/Magazine/archives/arc_news/032703.htm