Quantcast

my new haro 357, fox, x0,

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
Here is my new bike, I dont care If you bash it it rides awesome.
THisbike is pretty tits.
Fork: fox forty rc2
Frame: haro 357 adjustable travel, bb height, and HA
Cranks: 06 holzfeller w howitzer
Breaks: ECs or Mags (trying both out)
Pedals: crank brothers mallet cs
Shifter: sram XO
Derailer: SRAM XO blackbox shortcage.
rear shock: manitou swinger 6 way 2006.
Ringle MTX wheels
sdg Bel air st seat and post.
e thirteen srs chainguid

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
SuboptimusPrime said:
^^^

That's just the way swingers and 5ths are...and why my bike now has a dhx.
That's so wrong. Mine worked fine because it was valved correctly. My buddy's came mis-valved so his was slow.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh like we said before his parents paid for it. lol. sorry stub i had to man. lol. build is well sick for the frame and well if you like it man than you like it who give a rats ass what we have to say.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
lol thanks paul the by his mom sponsord kid. lol. looks good man deffinatly jealous. you get to shred dark mountain and well im stuck in this **** hole. ohh well ill cya at sugar man cant wait to see the new rig.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
yeah right now its got a prety high standover, but you can adjust the standover, bb height, and travel, im thinking 7 or 8 dont really need 9, lowest bb height and standover, and drop my forty to 7.5.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
didnt you JUST buy a brand new demo 9?

although i've switched bikes fairly quick before after RIDING them....shouldnt you have ridden the Demo before buying a new one? haha.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
clear your PMS!

also, what do you want for that holzfeller handlebar? i'm looking for a 28" bar so if it is send me a message with a price.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
I think Im gonna remove the floating brake, and get that swinger re valved for my bike if i dont switch the shock out, it isnt set up for chit, the rebound is so slow, and it dosent use much of the travel, im also gonna play with the bb and head angle settings today and ill take some pics in diff positions. The bike corners really well i was so suprised it takes tight berms really well, and is nimble for quick flat corners.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
my demo has a 4 way, the forty will most likely sell with the demo, so ill put a boxxer wc on it.
i was thinking about a8.75 dhx or ccdb to lower it out, it sits pretty high, I just spend 3 hours figuring out how to adjust the bb height, it lowers it out quite a bit. i am running a 350# swinger 6 way and the rear end feels dead, i cant feel the trail but i like a responsive feel from my rear end, so im just gonna sell the swinger or get it re valved, the rebound feels soo slow and its set all the way.
on the other hand, the bike handles great, it jumps well as well, much better than the demo. just need to figure out how to set the bike up right. The new holzfeller cranks are the mutts nutts. I love the crank bros mallet cs took a while for me to get used to the clip in, a much more forward feel than shimanos, but they hold really nice and dont clog w mud. the xo stuff is TITS. I love it, and the hell caminos have more power than most people think. I just got a fresh order of tires in so that should help grip wise. The hubs that come on the bike are excellent quality, very "Clicky" sound, which is tits. I reccomend putting a different seat post collar on the stock one is a pain in the bollocks to adjust and it slips like pam ans cooch. the haro pivit grips are nice too.
I havent felt the boxxer yet but i may if i decide to keep it.It comes with a 36t chainring up front, wich is pretty spot on for east coast suff, 36, 38, is what i rotate between, the 44 i had last year was death. Thats my mini components review ill post more later.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
motomike said:
:rofl: I just can't understand the justification for dumping a brand new Demo for a damn 357, when the demo probably hasn't even seen any DH trails at all. :rolleyes:
But, but, he can say he's sponsored and stuff. He's a real racer 'brah' now.

I'd rather pay 2x full retail for a Demo, Morewood, SC, etc than ride that rat trap excuse of a bike.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm so confused...you have a choice between a 357 and a Demo 9 FREE, and you get a 357?

It's like being offered an Enzo or a Miata for free and taking the Miata...