Quantcast

Need moar Jester - The 2012 Monkeyfest thread

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
i dont know if i wanna go i'm afraid the other monkeys will make fun of my nubs :(.
we already make fun of your nubs.
That's how the RM people show their affection. People make fun of my horrible taste in music because they like me........right?......you guys do like me, right?......:(
Yeah, people we don't like we ignore or flat out insult. A little teasing here and there is a sign of affection from this crowd. Get yer ass to Vermont, Stubby.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Yeah, people we don't like we ignore or flat out insult. A little teasing here and there is a sign of affection from this crowd. Get yer ass to Vermont, Stubby.
And when people crash on camera, we watch the video about 20 times that night :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
You're gonna try to go to VT only 2 months after having your baby?
Yupper! I'm still riding my bike now at over 5 months preggo, so why not?! No worries, I'll escape to my room to pump every few hours but other than that, I should be relatively good to go. Bear in mind, I raced a 24 hour race only 4 months after Syd :D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
How do you get invited to monkey fest
First year on ridemonkey
love it so far!
What is it all about?
There's a hazing ritual involving IAB, JBP's mustache, a 5 gallon bucket of mayonnaise, a pack of Bang-Snaps, a fedora, 1/2 of a hot Italian sausage and a September 1984 issue of Penthouse magazine......but it's totally worth it.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
The DH trails at Burke look like they're going to be an awesome network eventually.

I've only ever ridden some of the KT XC stuff and had a blast...One of the early dates with my-now-wife. Back when I only had a fully rigid Trek 830 and she was riding the 29er hybrid I stole from my dad and gave to her...

Maybe MMike will go if you're lucky.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was never a boy scout, but I have eaten a lot of Brownies.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I've got a little surprise that I'm going to keg up and serve on draft this summer but I'm also interested in suggestions for what to brew. I'll consider just about any style but as the brewer I reserve the right to ignore them all.

So far I've got a suggestion for hefeweizen and I have a great recipe from a couple years ago that I might redo.

I'm also considering getting a commercial keg coupler to go with my draft box setup. If people want to pitch in to share the cost of a keg of Trout River or some other commercial keg that would be enough to convince me to pick one up prior to MF.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The DH trails at Burke look like they're going to be an awesome network eventually.

I've only ever ridden some of the KT XC stuff and had a blast...One of the early dates with my-now-wife. Back when I only had a fully rigid Trek 830 and she was riding the 29er hybrid I stole from my dad and gave to her...

Maybe MMike will go if you're lucky.
nobody seems to agree with me, but I really hope they open the new lift for biking. You'd have one from the top, for DH, and one from the bottom, for DJ and XC. Judging by last years turnouts, they'd have no problem covering the cost.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nobody seems to agree with me, but I really hope they open the new lift for biking. You'd have one from the top, for DH, and one from the bottom, for DJ and XC. Judging by last years turnouts, they'd have no problem covering the cost.
you do know how much it costs to operate a lift for a day right?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think I was quoted 2gs. By the line of 100 people at the end of last season, I would imagine they're doing pretty well. If they could attract more DHers, I would imagine they could easily increase their price AND increase their customers.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Wow, I'll actually be in the states then! But, I'm planning a Boulder (Trestle) -> Moab -> Park City -> Tahoe trip during that time. If plans collapse.......

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Hmmm... if we're actually going to be having some of the younger, underage crowd here this summer, perhaps I will invite the 15yo who rides with my local group quite a lot? He's been dying to go to KT/Burke Mtn ever since I told him about it last summer.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I think I was quoted 2gs. By the line of 100 people at the end of last season, I would imagine they're doing pretty well. If they could attract more DHers, I would imagine they could easily increase their price AND increase their customers.
As much as I would love to take runs from the top of the mountain, there's something very nice about the price, size and vibe of burke as it is today. As it sits now, it's hitting some scaling issues imo. On closing day the lines in the afternoon were 20+ minutes for a 5 minute run. I think it's a simple as adding more hooks to load more bikes - you could cut that time at least in half.

I think the newly installed windmill is now generating power - hopefully defraying some of the cost (over time).

By the way, there is a shuttle to the top. I'm definitely going to check out the trails up there next year... even if I have to pedal up :)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah I intend on taking a shuttle or three next year, but I still think that operating the big lift, even on random specified weekends, would make more of a destination, even more than it already is. As much as I loved KS and jester, they just aren't legitimate DH trails, which you can find right at the top of the mountain.