Quantcast

New Demo?

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
The Demo sucks. I've had mine for two full seasons and have yet to win a World Cup!

Funny how sponsorship money can go awry.

At this point, signing Gwin may be the worst move that company has made. People forget (IIRC) that his first season on it, he was coming off an injury. A lot of little things probably add up to the real reason his results fell off.

At the same time, the Athertons have done extremely well on GT, yet out of all the top contending brands I NEVER see GT on the mountain.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
The Demo sucks. I've had mine for two full seasons and have yet to win a World Cup!

Funny how sponsorship money can go awry.

At this point, signing Gwin may be the worst move that company has made. People forget (IIRC) that his first season on it, he was coming off an injury. A lot of little things probably add up to the real reason his results fell off.

At the same time, the Athertons have done extremely well on GT, yet out of all the top contending brands I NEVER see GT on the mountain.
something tells me that signing gwin will have nothing but positive results for S bottom line regardless of his opening season with them. the majority of people like gwin whether he's winning or not and that counts for a lot when they are trying to emulate their favorite riders by buying what they run.

gt is odd - i always assumed it was a regional thing as to why i only see them on the internet.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Hypothetical Question, What if Gwinner wins/podiums on his 650b enduro evo at ft. william, what will happen to the new demo?

.......Spez will say this is the new demo, buy it and ride like Gwin.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
GT are still clawing their way back to legitimacy after going full retard for such a long time.

Spec has the dealer network and therefore the brodeals to make sure that every guy who knows a guy who's on a team can get one for a reasonable price.

GT will be back soon, but it's going to take a while even if the athertons keep winning. The newer fury is enough of a departure that it might catch on. The older furys were so damned ugly.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
GT are also being ridden by Gee Atherton, who makes no-ones favourite rider list anywhere in the world ever. Nobody out there wants to be like, look like, ride like, behave in a manner similar to or piss in the ear of an on fire Gee Atherton. He is marketing kryptonite. His real name is also George.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Loads of UK kids love Gee atherton and the rest of the gang. MBUK has a huge readership and loves Gee to bits - unfortunately for GT most of the readers in MBUK's demographic aren't spending a few grand on a frame anytime

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
well, it certainly looks like a large back wheel but I think everybody was expecting a more drastic departure. Maybe Troy is toying with everyone.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
GT are also being ridden by Gee Atherton, who makes no-ones favourite rider list anywhere in the world ever. Nobody out there wants to be like, look like, ride like, behave in a manner similar to or piss in the ear of an on fire Gee Atherton. He is marketing kryptonite. His real name is also George.
Is that really what people care out. I personally could not care about what every image people think he has I care about who can come down that hill the fastest. I don't need down hills to be entertainers off the bike.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Wat? Check out Gee's rampage run from 2010. Also, have you seen him without a shirt on? I am pretty sure you are off on a couple of counts. He may come off as whiny but credit where credit is due.

wysiwyg

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Sherwood Forest, UK
What if the "custom enduro" we've seen twice is really the new demo. Whoa mannnn lol

To be fair with no extrazstayz (tm) and it's bound to have horst how different can it look from the status from a rear triangle POV.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
something tells me that signing gwin will have nothing but positive results for S bottom line regardless of his opening season with them. the majority of people like gwin whether he's winning or not and that counts for a lot when they are trying to emulate their favorite riders by buying what they run.

gt is odd - i always assumed it was a regional thing as to why i only see them on the internet.
Because they are not available in Online shops, not so easy to find in stationary shops in yurp at least. Also outside of the Athertons, Suding and Mark you don't see many pros using them, their team edits are not that awesome. They simply have a very small presence on the internet. Hell I see more stuff from small companies like Banshee than them.

Spesh bike sell not because they are good (most of them are which helps) but because they have an awesome brand image (that doesn't only mean good bikes but good looking bikes, good copywriting, large web presence, sponsoring proper riders that are often mentioned in bike media, great CS and warranty and being in a ton of shops in every country).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Spesh bike sell not because they are good (most of them are which helps) but because they have an awesome brand image (that doesn't only mean good bikes but good looking bikes, good copywriting, large web presence, sponsoring proper riders that are often mentioned in bike media, great CS and warranty and being in a ton of shops in every country).
...at least until they go all lawyer-y on smaller companies