Quantcast

New Fully=Demo 8, SC VP Free, IH 7point???

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Dude what are you trying to get at, you ask me to give you reasons and then you come back with some statement about how so pro's can ride perfectly fine on them. Ok cool what ever so UFC champ Matt hunter can ride one, what does that have to do with me? I felt the higher standover hieght did not feel comfortable when hitting drops thats all. It really just comes down to personal preference. Just becuase the FSR four bar link is the most popular link on the market doesn't make it the best or the worst technology. I know I'm not the only one who dosn't like the feel of the horst link, so its really not that wierd that i don't like the feel of them. Anyways I dont like the 4 bar/frs/horst link. so its not a frame i'd like to spend money on. Anyone have any luck with specifically the 7point frames. Thanks for any info u can find on buying them

fortfun19

Chimp
Oct 28, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
F*** a demo, I have a Vp free and it does almost everything my V10 did for racing,pedals like crazy, but I can huck and jump the crap out of it. Plus the demo weighs 300lbs more than the vp. Just get it, you'll love it.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
untitledsince89 said:
? what about the 4 four bar link and not a single pivot. idk when i said anything about that. :oink:
I was just referring to that you ride and are very used to a single pivot and Alex's is a 4-bar. It's not gonna feel at all the same. Which means that you could quite possible feel very uncomfortable on it for a while. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is flawed/sucks. That is all..

edit: would you be interested in a complete 7point?

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Oh ok I gotcha now, yes your right about that over time I probably would get used to it but I really like the dw link so I will probably just shoot for that. Idk I might definetly consider it, just depends on how much I would get selling my IH complete. Other than the fork, seat, stem, and chainguide are really no other mods. So its not like I have put a lot of work into this bike. Although I'd def like to stick with this fork as soon as i get it working right. Which 7point is it?

sk8kid33

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Colorado Springs
no way thats compete with upgrade saint cranks and single track rims. and not true, supergo is part of performance bike, of which I am an employee, if a complete sunday was 3000 it would be half of msrp and cheaper than my prodeal!!! I can tell you that during early summer 05 ironhore sold out of 17" sunday world cups, hence the rarity factor. One perfromance has a sunday WC and that is the old supergo (now called performance plus) and it is a 19" and it is $4999

but then again what do i know I only work there and contact ironhorse about twice weekly.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
I believe u on that and I wasn't looking at the Sunday world cup I was looking at the Sunday elites. My mistake a lil more than I want to spend but that is a killer deal. I'll ask around to see if anyone is interested.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
im just gonna butt in here and add i really dont like the BHs either. I dont know **** about the suspension designs, i only know how they feel to ride. But jon u complain about the BH standover, ur IH is equal to it if not more, i really dont like ur bike either. The giant DH team is sex on wheels, as are the sx and demo. The only vp ive ridden was a bit large for m taste and teh stadover was huge, but it jumped ok. Id go w/ a 7point, u seem to like them. Or maybe a demo, thogh that might b a bit to much bike for wht ur doin (ie cp and salem)