Professional Low Light Performance
Full 170º, Medium 127º, Narrow 90º FOV in 1080p and 720p Video
120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video
Full 170º and Medium 127º FOV Photos
10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst
1 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Timelapse Mode
3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input
Simple Language-based User Interface
Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ Compatible (coming soon)
Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras
Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview + Playback + Control via GoPro App

Live Streaming Video and Photos to the Web

Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ (Coming Soon)
The Wi-Fi BacPac attaches to your HD HERO2 camera to enable long range video remote control via the Wi-Fi Remote or a smartphone / tablet / computer running a free GoPro App. Waterproof and durable, the Wi-Fi Remote enables complete control of up to 50 HD HERO2 cameras at a time.

When paired with the Wi-Fi BacPac, the HD HERO2 also supports live video streaming and remote control via smart-devices, computers, and the Web wherever Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot is present. Record one video stream to your HD HERO2?s SD card while sending a second video stream via Wi-Fi to your smart-device, computer or the Web.

The original HD HERO is compatible with the Wi-Fi BacPac and Wi-Fi Remote with support for remote control functions only. Video streaming is not available on the original HD HERO camera.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I don't care about the accesories but that's a nice response to the new contour+. I think it's cheaper too. It's going to be a hard decision after my next paycheck.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I will pick up 4 of them, same as I have done with every other generation of gopros. (except the 3d one....those were just plain stupid)
there wasnt a 3D specific cam. you just needed the 3D housing which cam with the cable to connect two cams...and if you have 4 of the GoPro HD's, then you could have two 3D setups.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I like that you can choose the FOV with these. I wonder if that's done purely in software or if they physically adjust the lens
that is one of the coolest new features on this i think

edit: one of the downsides is that the cam requires a PC with Vista or 7

Last edited:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
The Wi-Fi BacPac attaches to your HD HERO2 camera to enable long range video remote control via the Wi-Fi Remote or a smartphone / tablet / computer running a free GoPro App. Waterproof and durable, the Wi-Fi Remote enables complete control of up to 50 HD HERO2 cameras at a time.
Hmmmm..... I wonder if that means that it would be easier to film DH races for TV/Cable broadcast. Instead of needing a high budget camera AND an operator for each one, just set up 50 go-pro cameras to trees along the course and control it all from a laptop down at the bottom.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have been thinking of getting the cheesy ebay one that looks like a mini mag light for my daughter to trash. The mini camcorder I got her 4 years ago finally died and she needs something to strap to her helmet now anyway.

But this would be a cool toy for me. :D

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
IH8Rice, I think gopro only made windows software for the webcam driver. Everything else should work as it has in the past.

As far as the wifi-on-mountain idea... I don't think you are going to be able to set these up all the way down the mountain. The range is simply not there if it is running at 2.4/5ghz. If they were smart enough to mesh these things, then the range would be barely possible... but even then there's no way you would have enough bandwidth.

I think the 50 camera thing would be cool for a bullet-time system however if it controls everything at once :D

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
You know what you COULD do though... you could probably set up 50 of them at some sort of stadium jump area in a race and do those "Matrix" style shots where the guy freezes or goes slow-motion and the camera angle pans around them in some way.

Or for the Wifi idea of having them all along a course, maybe set them up so that you have 50 along the whole course and then in batches of 10 they all sync up to a mobile device and the mobile devices are all synced to one computer.

50 cameras, 5 phones, 1 laptop at the bottom.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
As far as the wifi-on-mountain idea... I don't think you are going to be able to set these up all the way down the mountain. The range is simply not there if it is running at 2.4/5ghz. If they were smart enough to mesh these things, then the range would be barely possible... but even then there's no way you would have enough bandwidth.
You could put the transmitters on the riders and then send a guy up the lift who heads back down and swaps the cards out between riders and brings them down to the editor. No good for a live event, obviously.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Is that the "matrix" thing I mentioned?
Yup. I've been looking to do this on the cheap (just with photos) but the camera modules I wanted to use are no longer avaliable :( The gopro thing would still be prohibitively expensive, but I like to dream. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I might be interested if this new "pro" sensor has less rolling shutter artifact. Only real video samples will reveal the truth.