Quantcast

New Transition Slopestyle Bike: The BottleRocket

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
http://transitionbikes.com/BottleRocket.cfm

new transition page for the rocket with specs.

the geometry has me torn. i am 6'1" and leaning toward the large to use it as more of a trail rig. the length will make seated pedaling easier and give some extra dh stability. the medium seems a hair small and will probably be a bit twitchy for my taste.

i love the kelly green option!!!!!!! i gotta see what that will look like.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I hope the green is similar to Intense British Racing Green. That would look sick w/ grey or white decals.

What do you guys think of the geometry ?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i think the geo looks good. as i said, at 6'1" they suggest the medium, but i am going for the large. i have a chart of how it compares to bikes i have owned and other similar bikes.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Those Transition boys know what's up. Simple, stout frames for reasonable prices and first class customer service :thumb:

I love my new mustard Preston. Amazingly capable for only 4" of travel. That Bottle rocket is gonna be a hit for sure.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Frame Weight (without rear shock): 8 lbs

:eek: That caught me a little off guard. The thing weighs as much as my VP-Free frame. It'll still be my next bike, though... :drool:

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I'm 6'4", 6'9" with the 'fro and I'm getting mine to impress the ladies.

I'll be getting a small because I like small bikes, and it will be to replace my "do-it-all" bike.

sessions

Monkey
Nov 9, 2005
Vancouver WA
W4S said:
I'm 6'4", 6'9" with the 'fro and I'm getting mine to impress the ladies.

I'll be getting a small because I like small bikes, and it will be to replace my "do-it-all" bike.

I ride a small frame and I’m 5’11” I don’t know how you can ride that small of a bike. But if it works for you then stick with it.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I'm kidding, that was "Fletch" humor, must be an old movie now because Mandown's ridden with me and he still didn't get it. On a good day I'm 5'6", and I like smaller cockpits so small bikes work for me.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
what build are peeps thinking for this beast?
my current ideas:
6'1" and getting a large in green.
fork - thinking about getting a 66 @ 150mm, but might keep my pike
rear shock - torn between the dhx coil and roco.
drive - deity cranks. not sure if i wanna go single or double ring in the front. probably double since i have a drs i am not using. thinking about a compact road cogset. not sure how well this will work with dual rings in the front and a full squish. anyone care to speculate about chain grow/shrink on this design?
tires - i want some lighter semi-slicks with side knobs. maybe some maxxis blings or intense zeros

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
doesnt look like chain growth/road cass. should be to big of an issue with the pivot placement. just run a med cage der and should be fine.
I know a guy running a road cass and short shimano 105 der (single ring) on his stinky, just had to set the limiter on the der to keep it off the biggest cog.

wouldnt a roco be too active for this design?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
fiddy_ryder said:
doesnt look like chain growth/road cass. should be to big of an issue with the pivot placement. just run a med cage der and should be fine.
I know a guy running a road cass and short shimano 105 der (single ring) on his stinky, just had to set the limiter on the der to keep it off the biggest cog.

wouldnt a roco be too active for this design?
all i have is a short cage. maybe that will go on the hardtail :)

some peeps are saying the roco would be too active. i am not sure i care about the bob when pedaling if the plush is there for the jumps and bumps.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
hay mandown!...I thank you should not worry about what shock you want on there, take your skirt off and ride the thing!:rofl:

BTW, Air it up, I will run air front and rear on mine!

Oh! and you should have kevin make you a custom pink one so it will match your panties better...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i would love to get kevin to make one in pink. maybe i'll ask him to do it up.

you can take the air and blow it out your @$$. i am not trusting my suspension to a dhx air. too many stories about it getting stuck down. i'll take the extra pound to put my mind at ease.

btw, you know i don't wear panties, i go commando! ...my toenails are pink.

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Motoking16 said:
hay mandown!...I thank you should not worry about what shock you want on there, take your skirt off and ride the thing!:rofl:

BTW, Air it up, I will run air front and rear on mine!

Oh! and you should have kevin make you a custom pink one so it will match your panties better...
Smokie, you never cease to amaze me. Do you have your Gran Mal built up yet?

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
W4S said:
and it will be to replace my "do-it-all" bike.

Son, nothing can replace that bike. Nothing. I'm keeping mine on the garage wall until this Bottlerocket proves it is worthy to be my new ride.

OBR: Original Bullit Rider

The Build: Fox 36Van & Fox coil, 721 on Hadley, ProTaper, Thomson, SDG, SRAM X9, Deity single ring, SRS, Maxxis,

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I love my bullit, and I'm not sure I want to replace it but it's getting older and I want something new. I'll do like you, put it somewhere convenient so I can get to it if I need it.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
LOL!!!!:rofl:

Ya dude! i have the gran mal built up, there is just no where around OSU werthy enough for the gran mal, everywhere that is is under 6 inches of mud and defenetly not worth the hassle. I have been riding my TOP (wich will soon be a single speed) quite a bit and when i do some trails i have been riding the preston, which i am completely in love with :love: Although, the preston will go to sleep as soon as i can get my hands on one of these.

Hoe is LA dudes??

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
LA will be better when the bottlerockets get here!

until then, just rockin' the hard tail. you missed a great ride last week. jason had been out with a shoulder injury for a while and it was his first ride in a while. i pulled a super sick manual through a washout, and i later came off one pedal and it came back around to gash me to the bone. those Tribe pedals i picked up have some heavy bite :) a few butterfly bandages and a tetnus shot later and i am good to go again!

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
mandown said:
LA will be better when the bottlerockets get here!

until then, just rockin' the hard tail.
You going to replace the IH with the Bottle Rocket or just increase the stable? As much as I like my hardtail, I've been kicking around the idea of replacing it with the BR if it lives up to its marketing spiel...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
No way the IH is gonna go! I love the 'cooter. :love: :love: :love:

the bottlerocket will increase the stable. i sold my shiver and bb7 combo to get a smaller rig that can still take a DH beating. i think this will do the trick.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
it actually is endless dude! last time i called, kyle is still falling.

He said that the bottle rocket drops like no other bike, he still hasn't even felt the landing :clue:

Tdubb

Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
I rode with the guys from Tran. a couple weeks ago at Blackrock.I got to play around on Kevins bike for a few.It's going to bike to have.My gran Mal Just came in today.If the Bottle Rocket was avalible now I would ordered one for sure.I coundn't wait until July.The thing is stout,it's built basicly like the Mal.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
shizzle! back when pink wasn't an option, my boy rigged it so we could get it as a custom color on ours (mad props to S for making that happen). now it looks like everybody will have a shot at a pink frame. oh well. it looks good. big ups to TBC.