Quantcast

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
meanwhile

True North Sports and Entertainment, owners of the NHL's new Winnipeg franchise, set a goal of selling 13,000 season tickets before June 21. They reached that goal within 17 minutes of opening sales to the general public, according to the Winnipeg Sun.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Nice one, Tim.

And Chara. Don't even get me started. I think Max Pacioretty had to be watching that game, laughing his ass off.

When you get beat like a rented mule and a guy is going to tuck a wrap around into an empty net in OT in less time than it takes Linus Torvalds to blow his load into Jenna Jameson, maybe take your 14-foot-long arm and pull the guy down? Or just lose the game, whatever works...

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Great game on Saturday. Thankfully it was on NBC so I could watch it from Snowshoe.

Eddy O is an ass for bringing the bitting incident right after Burrows scored. How about instead tell Timmy Tomas to collect his jock out of the tenth row.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...Bostons "no power" play is teh suck...Lu is out of his mind tho. Note to the Bs...GET LU MOVING NORTH-SOUTH...DONT LET HIM GET SQUARE TO THE SHOOTER...

And hey Pierre, lay off Messiers c@ck...he fvcked Madonna you know. She has seen almost as much c@ck as you...

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
That is how you send a message!!!

The Bruins finally showed how weak Luongo is. Get him moving side to side and shoot glove side high, and you get goals.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Great game on Saturday. Thankfully it was on NBC so I could watch it from Snowshoe.

Eddy O is an ass for bringing the bitting incident right after Burrows scored. How about instead tell Timmy Tomas to collect his jock out of the tenth row.
Fvck that. Burrows is a scumbag, plain and simple. Damn right he'll remember that sh1t.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yeah i mean Vanc should have had way more pp's since they couldn't score on the 8 chances they had and gave up 2 SHG's as well. Are you upset Rome got ejected too?

How was the fix in?
You should see how people are wetting themselves in Vancouver over the Stanley cup. They're closing huge swaths of the city for people to go bananas in the streets for every game.

More games means more hooplah.

Unlikely, and tinfoil hatty, but with such a blowout? It was painful to watch.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My favorite moment of teh game (Other than seeing Lu get the sunburn lotion applied to the back of his neck...) was seeing Lucic (I think) stick his finger in Lapierres (I think...) face. You could read his lips saying "Bite me bitch.."

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
My favorite moment of teh game (Other than seeing Lu get the sunburn lotion applied to the back of his neck...) was seeing Lucic (I think) stick his finger in Lapierres (I think...) face. You could read his lips saying "Bite me bitch.."
That was Burrows and I was laughing while watching that happen.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Enough of the fingers-in-the-mouth retardness.

Horton is officially out for the remainder of the playoffs with a severe concussion. Penalty should fit the crime imo. But this is the NHL, so it won't. Anything longer than a one game suspension and I'll be surprised.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Horton is officially out for the remainder of the playoffs with a severe concussion. Penalty should fit the crime imo. But this is the NHL, so it won't. Anything longer than a one game suspension and I'll be surprised.
Kesler with the same hit gets nothing, like Chara. Rome's a third pairing guy, he'll get the book thrown at him, I'm guessing. I could be wrong though.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Kesler with the same hit gets nothing, like Chara. Rome's a third pairing guy, he'll get the book thrown at him, I'm guessing. I could be wrong though.
Doubtful. I'm guessing 2 games. This is the NHL after all.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Didn't see the Rome hit, but I find it ironic that all the Boston fans are winging about the lack of disciplinary action being taken after Chara's episode in the regular season.

Still, last night the better team won, no two ways about it.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
That's bull****. Don't skate into the zone with your head down. Open ice hits are a bitch when you're staring at the puck instead of where you're going.

laxstar118

Chimp
Oct 26, 2010
San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
Horton needs to keep his head up. If he doesn't stop to watch how beautiful his pass was and try to make a strong entry into the zone then he isn't in the hospital. You would think that at a professional level players would remember to keep their heads up and expect to get. The hit was late but should have been a 2 minor at most.

If your that worried about taking concussions out of hockey then make the players wear something more than the flimsy helmets they wear today. Or just have people who want to play professional sports sign a release that says they realize they could get hurt or die like for every other slightly dangerous activity in the world, except this was their choice no one forced them to be professional athletes.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Didn't see the Rome hit, but I find it ironic that all the Boston fans are winging about the lack of disciplinary action being taken after Chara's episode in the regular season.

Still, last night the better team won, no two ways about it.
I would have been fine with a token 1-2 game suspension on Chara for the hit on MP. I thought the league definitely dropped the ball on that one especially considering they haven't implemented any changes to the end-board geometry.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
That's bull****. Don't skate into the zone with your head down. Open ice hits are a bitch when you're staring at the puck instead of where you're going.
I should give you a pass since you're probably just responding as a fan as opposed to someone that's played the game at a high level.

You must think it's the womens fault for getting raped too. Wearing that short skirt and all.....

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
Horton needs to keep his head up. If he doesn't stop to watch how beautiful his pass was and try to make a strong entry into the zone then he isn't in the hospital. You would think that at a professional level players would remember to keep their heads up and expect to get. The hit was late but should have been a 2 minor at most.
yeah because when you make a pass around center ice, you should always expect to be stood up at the blue line...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I should give you a pass since you're probably just responding as a fan as opposed to someone that's played the game at a high level.

You must think it's the womens fault for getting raped too. Wearing that short skirt and all.....
quoted for truth.

laxstar and illnotsick, i'm sure Horton magically made Rome levitate after the hit too.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
His head was not down, he made a pass at the blue line and was watching to see when he could enter the zone and not be offside.

The hit was super dirty, leading with the elbow and jumping into the hit.

Who here that is bitching that he should keep his head up has played a day of competitive hockey or professional hockey a day in their life??? That's what I thought.