Quantcast

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
i went to a hockey game and a chippendales tryout happened.....
He probably was asked this after the game during his press conference...

Coach, what's a young man of your background still doing coaching professional hockey?

"I hate my father."

Going to 'nucks/Habs tonight.

:happydance:
Lucky. I wonder if the green guys will be in attendance?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Habs win 3-2.

Seems like the move to keep Price and let Halak go is/was the right one. Price has been pretty solid this year. I hope he's not completely worn out come playoff time though. I think Alex Auld has seen about the least duty of any backup netminder in the NHL this year.

How about Al Montoya in Long Island? Way to go Al!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Habs pick up Nigel Dawes and Brent Sopel. Doesn't seem like they gave up much either.

I always liked the way Dawes played when he was here in Hartford. Sopel has good playoff experience, especially after last year with the Blackhawks.

Kovalev to the Penguins.

Ennis to Anaheim.

I wonder if the Kings will make any moves at the deadline?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Habs win 3-2.

Seems like the move to keep Price and let Halak go is/was the right one. Price has been pretty solid this year. I hope he's not completely worn out come playoff time though. I think Alex Auld has seen about the least duty of any backup netminder in the NHL this year.

How about Al Montoya in Long Island? Way to go Al!
Keep playing Price, I don't mind. Wear him right out before the Bruins get near them in the playoffs, if the Habs get anywhere near the playoffs.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Kovalev to the Penguins.
Yea a Russian that has attitude problems. At least they only gave away a 7th round.

Big win for the Leafs last night and they are only 4 points out. You guys think they could make it?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Blackhawks have really stepped it up.

It could be a Philly vs. Sabres round one. I'd like that matchup - I'd smell a Sabres upset if that were to occur. Sabres with the better goaltending.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Gilles = goon, Chara = star. See how that works? NHL logic.

Sick shinny move by St Louis in the SO today...still dont think it should have counted tho...

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
How does Chara get nothing for almost killing a guy, and Gilles gets 10 games for what should have been 2 minutes for interference?
I'm still up in the air about this one. I've seen this happen a handful of times during my hockey days. Never were any of these incidents with teammates or opposing players hitting the corner stanchion premeditated. With regard to a real-time in game play (as opposed to Monday morning frame by frame quarterbacking) the play was interference for rubbing out the player. To assume that Chara had the time to consciously plan out what occurred is a stretch...

...However, hockey has never been played at the speed it's being played at now, and the league is woefully behind in rule enforcement and player safety. I think Pacioretty's bedside interview sums it up best that a token suspension for a couple games probably should have happened. The league has been so sporadic in assessing discipline that at this point I would prefer seeing them air on the side of caution.

The real shame in all of this is that the league still avoids the root causes of these types of injuries. Hockey arenas should have "chamfer's" or "lead-in's" at all corner stanchions so that reactionary forces from impacting them deflect in a way that isn't completely opposite in direction of which the player's main mass is moving. Some equipment needs to be "dumbed" down since increasing "armor" just means players play more recklessly and reduced impact time from "armor" increases impact forces. And lastly the hypocritical "instigator rule" needs to go.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Chara knew exactly where he was on the ice. He also knew where he was pushing Pacioretty into, imo.

If it had been Pronger instead of Chara, it would have been at least 10 games, I think. That's the bull**** part.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I don't think you can say that the sole intent of the play was to do that. It was a 3-2 game at that point, near the end of the season and Chara wouldn't be that guy to send the message with the result being a possible suspension. Watching it in slow-mo it looks like there was intent but at game speed it looked like a normal play that ended badly.

Anyways you Hab fans are awesome.

via the Globe and Mail...

Montreal police are asking hockey-mad Canadiens fans to stop calling them to file complaints against Zdeno Chara.

Police say they have been inundated with calls from people seeking to file a criminal complaint against the Boston Bruins defenceman.

The calls demanding criminal charges began Wednesday afternoon, shortly after the NHL announced it would neither suspend nor fine Chara for a brutal hit on the Habs' Max Pacioretty.

While the league closed the books on the incident, and even Montreal Canadiens players remained tight-lipped, many of the team's livid fans demanded action.

Police say their emergency call centre started getting flooded around 4 p.m. — after the NHL announced its decision.
Whole artical here...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/montreal-cops-flooded-with-complaints-about-chara/article1935846/

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
It ended badly because Chara wanted it to end badly, just not THAT badly.

It's like crosschecking a guy into the crossbar, and then pretending you didn't mean to do anything when he's spitting out teeth. Of course you meant to do it, you just didn't want to do it to that extent.

How was the game 3-2 at that point when it ended up 4-1? Also, for what it's worth, I'm an Oilers fan. I have no dog in this fight.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
Chara knew exactly where he was on the ice. He also knew where he was pushing Pacioretty into, imo.

If it had been Pronger instead of Chara, it would have been at least 10 games, I think. That's the bull**** part.
I'm going to disagree with you on both counts, but the league had a precedent set in the past that hits like this don't earn suspensions.

this is a pretty similar hit no suspension here either.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
It ended badly because Chara wanted it to end badly, just not THAT badly.

It's like crosschecking a guy into the crossbar, and then pretending you didn't mean to do anything when he's spitting out teeth. Of course you meant to do it, you just didn't want to do it to that extent.

How was the game 3-2 at that point when it ended up 4-1? Also, for what it's worth, I'm an Oilers fan. I have no dog in this fight.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'll concur that there was intent to rub him out :rofl: of the play, a typical defensive play that depending on where the puck is or who posses it could be perfectly legal or a penalty. As a forward, I was always aware that the defensemen would do that during a the game.

I thought a token suspension could have been handed out, but for the people that thought Chara made a premeditated effort to dislodge his head using the corner stanchion, that I think is way off base.

In anycase, just when you thought the Bruins vs. Canadiens rivalry couldn't escalate any more. At this point, it seems like a given that they'll meet in the playoffs.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I was wrong about the score and I hope you accept my sincere apology for calling you a Canadiens fan.

Do you Western Canadians even acknowledge those people as part of your country?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I was wrong about the score and I hope you accept my sincere apology for calling you a Canadiens fan.

Do you Western Canadians even acknowledge those people as part of your country?
Hell no. Most Albertans would be happy if Quebec left.

Having said that, many Albertans are racist retards.

If you ever do get a chance to see a game live in Montreal, you have to do it. The atmosphere is amazing, and it's a great city.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
If you ever do get a chance to see a game live in Montreal, you have to do it. The atmosphere is amazing, and it's a great city.
That would be an awesome experience if I could get a ticket. As much as I hate them you have to give it to them for being the most passionate fans in North America. As soon as they cross the redline they start to cheer like they have a guy wide open in the slot. Not to mention how they feel about every icing call. I mean who else would call the police after the NHL doesn't hand down a suspension on a player.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
Anyone else looking forward to the Hab's/B's game tonight?

Dont think we'll see anything extraordinary. Hoping the B's goad the habs into playing their kind of game.