Quantcast

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Forsberg is back!!!!!!!!

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17311650

Peter Forsberg's answer is yes.

Forsberg, the longtime Avalanche star, has decided to play for the Avs. He signed a contract worth $1 million, prorated through year, and traveled with the team to Phoenix, the Avs confirmed.

Forsberg took part in today's practice with the team, then announced he will play with the team. He is not expected to play tomorrow in Phoenix, however.

Forsberg, 37, said he had his mind made up before the 9 a.m. practice began.

"I'm nervous to see how it goes," Forsberg said before taking the ice. "But I've been feeling much better in practice. I'm going to go see Greg (Sherman, Avalanche general manager) and see if I can get a contract."

That answer was yes, the team confirmed. Details of a contract have yet to be released.

Forsberg said he didn't know how long it would be until he plays his first game, other than to say he didn't believe he would be ready against the Coyotes.

Forsberg last played in the NHL in 2008, for the Avalanche. He signed a pro-rated one-year, $5 million deal with Colorado and played nine regular-season games, with one goal and 13 assists.

He played well in the Avs' first-round playoff upset of Minnesota before suffering a groin injury prior to Game 1 of a second-round series against Detroit. He played in Game 3, re-aggravated the injury and missed the next two-plus seasons.

"I don't know how good I'm going to be. I don't know how it's going to go, I'm going to say that right now," Forsberg said. "But I like to play and I want to play. I've been feeling pretty good, and I want to see if I'm good enough."

Avalanche coach Joe Sacco said it was too soon to say on which line or what position Forsberg might play. He said he'd been encouraged by how Forsberg has looked with each practice, and didn't seem surprised at his decision.

"The first couple of practices were tough. It seemed like guys were flying around me. It seemed like I was 47, not 37," Forsberg said. "It might be that case when I get out there playing too, but I've been feeling better and better."

Forsberg said his stress level has been bad the last couple of days.

"It's been horrible, actually, going back and forth and not knowing. It's going to be a little nerve-wracking before the first game. We'll see how it goes."

Read more: Forsberg to return to NHL, Avs - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17311650#ixzz1DD9dY9jq
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
all the durability of eric lindros.

evgini malkin's season is said to be over....that sucks.
They said that his tryout was pretty bad... I guess that does not mean anything now.

In other news this weekend Ricky D is on IR for 4-6 weeks after that fight because he broke a bone in his face.

Ron Wilson benched Phil Kessel in the game Saturday and Don Cherry pretty much called Phil a quitter.

Pens didn't show up against the Caps and Malkin is out. He was having a pretty crap year to begin with.

and the Steelers sucked big time.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Which team is the biggest surprise this year?

I have to go with Tampa Bay on the positive.

On the negative side - I guess that has to be New Jersey, although they are playing better hockey as of late.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Wrong thread noob!

Cherry calling out a non Canadian player...hmmm, thats new!
Yinz guys don't understand. Today is a national day of morning here is South Western PA.

Cherry is a racist Canadian. I can't believe that he still trusts Ron Wilson and Burke since they are both American.

Big news day here on Monday...

Savard done for the season.

Sid out till March now.

Emery signed by the Ducks.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Senile, too.

Burke is a buffoon. He's a good guy to get a team over a hump (San Jose-sure) and then destroy it for the future, but for a rebuild? They couldn't have hired a worse GM.

I did like Wilson's post-game comment earlier in the year though: "The turning point of the game was when they dropped the opening faceoff."

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Pens didn't show up against the Caps and Malkin is out. He was having a pretty crap year to begin with.

and the Steelers sucked big time.
Pens showed up, played dirty ass hockey and got their ass kicked. Can't wait for the 26th and the retaliation that will come for the Knubel stick to the face and the attempted take put of Ovechkin.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Pens showed up, played dirty ass hockey and got their ass kicked. Can't wait for the 26th and the retaliation that will come for the Knubel stick to the face and the attempted take put of Ovechkin.
Oh please. That game was dirty? That is because that bbq sauce wearing coach went out into the media like a bitch and whined about Cooke's hit and said that it was dirty.

Not that Ovi has never done the same thing... a knee on Gonchar two years ago were he sticks out he knee.

or the one on Gleason

Don't forget the late hit on Briere a few years ago and the hit from behind on Campbell.

Every team has its dirty/instigator type player and every team pulls that sh*t.

Pens wanted some retribution for the hit on Sid on Stickle but he wouldn't answer the bell to any of the Pens tough guys. He ended up fighting AHLer Tim Wallace.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fvck it....going to see the thrashers/flyers on st. patties day in atlanta....3 rows behind the visitors bench.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
sharks are now the hottest team in the NHL since their 6 game skid.

niemi with 2 consecutive shutouts after being pulled 3 games ago.

they still need the big 3 to put up points more constantly.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
at 1:54......a team gets mugged.

Vityaz is the biggest goon squad ever in hockey. Look at who they have on their team.

ex-Cap Chris Simon, ex-Bear Brandon Sugden, ex-Cap Darcy Verot, Josh Gratton.

I think they said that the kid who scored the game winner in the WJC is on that team and gets like 8 minutes of ice time. That league is a joke.

How hard was it to get ticket to the Thrashers game? 50% of the fans will probably be Flyers fans anyways.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
That fight is crazy. That's what happens when you don't know how to defend yourself.

I haven't seen that many turtles since I went over to Grandma's last Christmas...

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Oh my GOD. It's a goon fest.

Sucker punches. Headshots. Brent Johnson fighting a player. Players coming off the bench and fighting.

ECHL is back.

I hope the NHL has fun with the f**king sh*t show.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Some YouTube clips from the game last night.

There was a couple of fights before this happened. Martin feels the need to sucker punch Talbot.

Then here is the big one in the third. Brent Johnson certified badass and the Islanders = sh*tshow.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Wow - Chicago is in a bit of trouble.

LA is disappointing too. I thought they'd be higher up in the West right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Lindy Ruff gets his Sabres in to the playoffs.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Good trade for the Pens yesterday.

Saw this on Deadspin... how Ned Braden would be proud.