Quantcast

NHL Playoffs - Down to 4 - who's gonna win it all?

Who's gonna win the Stanley Cup??

• Buffalo All the Way Baby!

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • This will be the Senators Year!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Niedermeyer and Pronger - The Ducks will win it all!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The Dominator and the Wings will hoist the Cup!

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I will not talk smack after tonight's game. But it was nice to see the Sabres actually skate for once.

And these people who write columns about the economy, they don't know a damn thing about 200 people doing shots when Buffalo scores a goal 9 seconds into a playoff game :D

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I will not talk smack after tonight's game. But it was nice to see the Sabres actually skate for once.

And these people who write columns about the economy, they don't know a damn thing about 200 people doing shots when Buffalo scores a goal 9 seconds into a playoff game :D
Must have been this inspirational locker room speech...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK hats off to the Senators. That was definitely a fun game to watch. That stick save that Miller made in the beginning of OT was probably the save of the year...

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
this is a joke right ? cup coming back to canada thats funny ! the cup is going to stay in the good old U.S.A. . anaheim hopefully.
No joking here; looks like the CUP is gonna be sitting right next to Parlement in OTTAWA!!! (Where people actually care about hockey...)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Want to see Anaheim-Detroit go 7, so whoever advance is all banged up and the Sens are well rested. Also want to see Neidermayer and Prongers cheap shot a$$es get beat down. Cheap shot bastages!

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Want to see Anaheim-Detroit go 7, so whoever advance is all banged up and the Sens are well rested. Also want to see Neidermayer and Prongers cheap shot a$$es get beat down. Cheap shot bastages!
It was pretty cheap indeed. I mean Neidemeyer is not known for cheap shots. Maybe Progner a bit more, but still, he is the main reason why Anaheim are where they are right now. Things like that are not meant to happen even in the playoffs.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Right now, I'd have to give the edge to Ottawa whoever they might face. They just seem to be the fastest team left right now and they are very determined. They also seem to be in great physical condition and being great shape really has advantages in these grueling playoff best of 7 battles.

Alfredsson for the Conn Smythe if the Sens do eventually hoist the Cup??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Wings vs. Ducks tonight right? Game 6 is it? Must win for the Red Wings right?

since IAB is my good friend - I'll root for the Red Wings. Go Wings!

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
I bleed Red Wing hockey, my family has had season tickets since the 50's. My family is one of the longest season ticket holders for the Wings, and being such, we get to enjoy VIP parking and other little benefits. My father has passed on, but my mother still renews our tickets every year for my cousin and his family,
(since I'm in SC and they are still in the Detroit area) and when it becomes my turn, I'll keep the tradition going.

But it's not looking really good for the Wings, dispite having played better hockey then the Duck's the entire series, the Ducks are just 1 win away. They are wearing the Wings down with the "dump and pound", I hope the Wings do pull it out, and they can if they play Red Wing hockey.

If the Wings don't pull it out, I'll be pulling for the Sens. I think their speed will be an advantage that Anaheim will be too tired to be able to control.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
For some reason I feel like rooting for the Senators even though they are the arch-enemy of the Sabres. Anaheim skates pretty similar to Buffalo, so Ottawa should theoretically have their way with them.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
thats o.k. echo, don't give the ducks a chance like this poll only 3 people voted for them me being 1 of 3 and look what they did to detroit when few gave them a chance . i know that ottawa is a good team and should be a hell of a series , but don't take the ducks to lightly they have a great team . just my 2 cents ! go ducks !

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Stupid Red Wings. :mad: Hats off to Anaheim though...they deserved to win.

It should be a good finals! Interesting...two of the more recent expansion teams in the finals.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think I'm going to pull for the Sens in this series, although it would be pretty cool to see Teemu Salanne hoist the cup. He's had a long and illustrius career but no Stanley Cup yet.

Although Jason Spezza gets rep points for still rocking the wooden stick!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Good for the Ducks!

Maybe Pronger can win a cup now (something that never seemed to happen when he was with my Blosers).

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
For some reason I feel like rooting for the Senators even though they are the arch-enemy of the Sabres. Anaheim skates pretty similar to Buffalo, so Ottawa should theoretically have their way with them.
Except for the fact that Anaheim has two or the league's three best defencemen on their blueline. The Duck's third best d-man is better than the Sabres' best one. Ottawa fans are in for a bit of a rude awakening.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yeah yeah yeah...
Emerey is hot, the Ducks barely beat the Wings (Almost folded in the 3rd!), Sens have had plenty of down time and the top 3 playoff scorers in Alfie, Heatley and Spezza...

Advantage, Ottawa.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yeah yeah yeah...
Emerey is hot, the Ducks barely beat the Wings (Almost folded in the 3rd!), Sens have had plenty of down time and the top 3 playoff scorers in Alfie, Heatley and Spezza...

Advantage, Ottawa.
Assuming they don't come out flat considering that down time.

I didn't see much of the Ducks/Wings series (not much interest in the western conference), but the Sens were playing some of the best hockey I've seen in the last few years, by anyone. Their backchecking was tremendous and the defensemen block A LOT of shots. They outwork their opponents against the boards and have one of the most potent lines in hockey. Giguere, Pronger and Neidermyer are going to have to be big against that line as the Sen's offense isn't exactly balanced.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Talk to true Sens fans and they will insist they arent an expansion squad. The original Senators predate the "Original Six".
I think the 70 year hiatus (or whatever it was) between seasons set them back to "expansion" status. The Cleveland Browns have accepted this and their wait was much shorter.

WTF is with the NHL waiting until MONDAY to start the finals? That sucks. Just get on with it. The NBA resets the playoff schedule depending on when the teams finish their previous series. If both NBA teams finish a round early, they start the next round. Is it really necessary for the NHL to wait 5-6 days to start the finals? Gary Bettman is a homo.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
are all these games being shown at 1AM EDT?
Games 1 and 2 are on Versus. The rest are on NBC...unless the games go into overtime in which case the overtimes will be shown on Versus so NBC doesn't cut into women's tennis, WNBA, grocery cart racing, Dateline NBC, or Frasier reruns. :monkey:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think the 70 year hiatus (or whatever it was) between seasons set them back to "expansion" status. The Cleveland Browns have accepted this and their wait was much shorter.

WTF is with the NHL waiting until MONDAY to start the finals? That sucks. Just get on with it. The NBA resets the playoff schedule depending on when the teams finish their previous series. If both NBA teams finish a round early, they start the next round. Is it really necessary for the NHL to wait 5-6 days to start the finals? Gary Bettman is a homo.

The players on both teams are beat to hell IAB - hopefully this bit of rest will help some guys who are bruised and battered to heal a bit so it can be a truly kickass finals. I don't mind the wait.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I think they consider the 70 odd year down time just a retooling phase. Guys like Sprague Cleghorn, Hooly Smith and Percy Lesueur dont come along all that often...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Yeah yeah yeah...

Advantage, Ottawa.
Dude, if Emery is hot, Giggy is a ****ing supernova right now.

Game 5 he stole single handedly.

Ottawa better click on the powerplay. You're going to have to average at least 1.5 PPG per game to win the series, I think.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
This should be a helluva series. Should be real entertaining to watch.

Any predicitions for an unsung hero?

For the Sens - I predict Mike Comrie

For the Ducks - Todd Marchant