Quantcast

NHL Playoffs - Down to 4 - who's gonna win it all?

Who's gonna win the Stanley Cup??

• Buffalo All the Way Baby!

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • This will be the Senators Year!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Niedermeyer and Pronger - The Ducks will win it all!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The Dominator and the Wings will hoist the Cup!

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It was a really good game. Big hits were being thrown about all over the ice and overall the play was very solid from both clubs (with Anaheim having the edge perhaps due to the shorter layoff).

Anaheim's checking line outplayed the Sen's scoring line and that was a big plus for the Ducks.

Looking forward to Game 2!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Only caught the second half of the third, thanks AFN! Bill Clement and the boys said Ottawa was a bit sluggish, and it sounds like Heatley was a non factor. They almost tied it at the end there, Jiggy was a game saver on the 6 on 4...

On a sidenote, Mark Messier needs some help on the post game stuff, really stiff. Loved him as a player, but needs to relax a bit as a talking head.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Only caught the second half of the third, thanks AFN! Bill Clement and the boys said Ottawa was a bit sluggish, and it sounds like Heatley was a non factor. They almost tied it at the end there, Jiggy was a game saver on the 6 on 4...

On a sidenote, Mark Messier needs some help on the post game stuff, really stiff. Loved him as a player, but needs to relax a bit as a talking head.

Messier is horrible behind that desk.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
my prediction was a little off 3-1 ducks win , but i like the 1-0 ducks win better ! the cup is coming to anaheim! first the ducks win the cup then the angels win the world series again !

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Damn, 1-0 Ducks. Could have gone either way. Turned it on with 8 minutes left, and then Sam Pahlson scores? WTF? The guys ad efensive forward, fer cryinout loud!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Nice backcheck by Alfredsson on that one, eh?
Yeah, watched him roll right by. Was that shot tipped by the D man? Corvo? :plthumbsdown: :disgust:

Alfie, Spezza and Heatley better wake the f*ck up, or they are going to have a hellish off season splaining to the Canadian press why they folded like a K Mart tent.

2 games in Ottawa will be interesting. Emery has been great, but Jiggy just a little bit greater.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Senators were lucky they were still in the game at the start of the 3rd period. I guess they came out okay for the first ten minutes. I watched from the middle of the second on and Anaheim dominated play.

And boy did Alfredsson give up on the backcheck on the Ducks goal. Weaksauce for the Stanley Cup finals.

Too many turnovers by Ottawa throughout the portion of the game I watched.

Teemu Selanne looks like he's got 25 year old legs out there. Cool to see him playing so hard and skating so well.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Okay, firewall blocked me out of youtube...what did I miss?

A young boy born in Ottawa who had a rare form of cancer. Befriended by Mike Fisher, Phillips and Emery. He was a tough but cute kid. He passed away from the cancer while the Sens were playing the final game against the Sabres.

Really great parents, amazing kid, and cool acts of kindness by NHLers.

Heartwrenching stuff and sad, but at the same time uplifting to see that little boy's love of the game and his courage facing cancer, as well as the compassion and frienship shown to him by the Sens.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
A young boy born in Ottawa who had a rare form of cancer. Befriended by Mike Fisher, Phillips and Emery. He was a tough but cute kid. He passed away from the cancer while the Sens were playing the final game against the Sabres.

Really great parents, amazing kid, and cool acts of kindness by NHLers.

Heartwrenching stuff and sad, but at the same time uplifting to see that little boy's love of the game and his courage facing cancer, as well as the compassion and frienship shown to him by the Sens.
I loved the part in the dressing room where he was getting ready and he looked over at his dad and said, "I'm bigger now Daddy!"

And yeah, the parents are amazing.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i feel like the ducks are going to win tonight my prediction 4-2 ducks . go ducks, the cup needs to stay in the U.S.A. !

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Saw period 3, what did I miss with Alfie? The punch to Moens head? What about Neidermayers shot immediatley after that to the Sen with his back turned?
Add Brett Hull to my list of players who I loved, broadcasters who suck. To hear him yap about Alfies goal last game (With the kicking motion) being bad, after he won a Cup with his foot in the crease, is horrible.
Sens better get their sh*t together. I am not warming to the thought of the Cup in Cali. Although it would be worth a trip to Anaheim to see it...

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Add Brett Hull to my list of players who I loved, broadcasters who suck.
I'm down with that too!

Tonight was a bummer. I thought that with Alfredsson's goal at the end of the first, the Sens would come out big and score a couple more in the second. Au contraire, they were on their heels all the way and the Ducks were juste so much better.

It's going to be a hard one to win, but let's remember last year, when the Oilers were down 3-1 and forced a game 7-->totally doable.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Jiggy and the Ducks were en fuego. There was no room for the Sens to work, even though I would bet the majority of period 3 was spent in their end.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Saw period 3, what did I miss with Alfie?

The reason there was all that pushing and shoving and punching was that with about 2 seconds left on the clock Alfredsson turned and deliberately fired a wicked slapshot right at Scott Neidermeyer at Center Ice! WTF! You just don't do something like that in hockey.

I hope the NHL reviews the play and at least gives Alfredsson a fine, if not a suspension. I mean those guys fire the puck at about 95 to 100 miles an hour and to deliberately blast a slapper at a guy who was about 10 feet away from him is just ridiculous.

I was really impressed with how hard and tough Alfredsson was playing during these playoffs but between his cheapshot hit from behind on Talinder (was it) in the Buffalo series and this latest act - I've lost my respect for him.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Finally read about that on TSN,weird. Pretty non typical for Alfie. Wonder what Neidermayer said/did? I launched one at my brother once down on the pond. Big fight! Not quite that hard though. Wooden stick and all!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
It's going to be a hard one to win, but let's remember last year, when the Oilers were down 3-1 and forced a game 7-->totally doable.
And they still lost. I'm still bitter about that.

Having said that, the Ducks are not Carolina. Sens are in tough now...