Quantcast

NHL playoffs...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
wow, Sharks JUMP to a THREE goal lead in just the first FOUR minutes of the game. I figured, game over, but the Flames just tied it up in the 3rd.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I can't believe San Jose let that one slip away last night. Geez!

Boston played gritty against Montreal last night. Thomas saved their asses big time though in OT.

Who thinks Anaheim can bounce back? I think they are in deep trouble and I think the Stars will win that series.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I can't believe San Jose let that one slip away last night. Geez!

Boston played gritty against Montreal last night. Thomas saved their asses big time though in OT.

Who thinks Anaheim can bounce back? I think they are in deep trouble and I think the Stars will win that series.
Boston came back big, Price looked bad on the winner. Beutiful goal tho.

I hope Anaheim goes down hard. Cant stand them. Pronger. Pffffttt...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Boston came back big, Price looked bad on the winner. Beutiful goal tho.

I hope Anaheim goes down hard. Cant stand them. Pronger. Pffffttt...
How did he look bad?

That was a sick pass by Wideman - it didn't seem like Price had much a chance at all on that one.

I think it was a dumbass play by Begin (I think that is who shot the puck over the goal and let it rim around the boards to give Boston the outlet right?) that started it all. Just dump it in and go get it. No need to fire it so hard like that.

The playoffs really highlight the importance to make every single play, no matter how routine, count. You have to get pucks out of your zone, and you have to make sure your dump ins are smart and that they get deep into the offensive zone, or you could wind up with a puck in the back of your own net before you can blink an eye.

This time of year rocks.

Too bad they don't shorten the regular season so the playoffs finish up at the end of April - Mid May rather than going all the way into June.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i hate to say it i think anaheim is done and i agree with you stars winning the series. giggy sucks in the playoffs this year.i guess johne is nostradomus.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I thought he (Price) overplayed the passer, and didn't it look like he stumbled or tripped while trying to slide to face the shot?
Price is a stud...future looks good for the Canadians in goal.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Two awesome OT games today...Devils over Rangers and Bruins over Habs.
Now, if the Flames can get it going we are in business.
Rangers/Devils OT game was great until the last .5sec of the game. :huh: Oh well, bad bounces happen, that's why it's a 7 game series...

Overall great weekend for hockey, now someone (ahem, Ottawa) has to slow down those Pens or they'll cruise to a sweep and be well rested for whoever they play next.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I thought he (Price) overplayed the passer, and didn't it look like he stumbled or tripped while trying to slide to face the shot?
Price is a stud...future looks good for the Canadians in goal.
He may have not know that player (Savard) was even there - I think he was the guy off the bench when Thomas came over on the delayed penalty situation.

It was a really nice play by the Bruins and they played hard - a good game to watch overall for a hockey fan in general.

I'm a Habs fan and I really like how cool, calm and collected Price is in goal - especially at such a young age. :thumb:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
He may have not know that player (Savard) was even there - I think he was the guy off the bench when Thomas came over on the delayed penalty situation.

It was a really nice play by the Bruins and they played hard - a good game to watch overall for a hockey fan in general.

I'm a Habs fan and I really like how cool, calm and collected Price is in goal - especially at such a young age. :thumb:
Agreed...I know he was surprised. Price was dropping into the butterfly as Weidman(?) threw the puck to Savard.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Funny how? Funny like a clown funny?
(I didnt see it nor read a recap yet...just know the Predlys won)
Nashville scores 2 goals in about 9 seconds to go from being down 3-2 to up 4-3 and then they add a empty net goal.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dang Flames had the Sharks on the ropes but let them slip...
Was kinda hoping for a big brawl at the end of the Avs game. Boogard v. the whole Avs bench maybe.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Flyers F Patrick Thoresen was on the fourth line four days after a puck to the groin sent him to the hospital and nearly cost him a testicle. …
uhhhh....ouch!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Big win for the Habs last night. Damn that Carey Price is one cool cat between the pipes. I'm impressed with Milan Lucic - I didn't realize he was so friggin young. Could he be the next Bs big power forward?

And what's up with Phil Kessel? Is he hurt or just in the dog house?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
2 straight games as a healthy scratch for Kessel...maybe that attitude he supposedly had has returned?

Maybe they don't think he's willing to get in their and grind it out enough? They sure could use another scoring threat though.

The Habs miss Saku Koivu - as the games go in it shows more and more. Ryder a healthy scratch - that was interesting. Chris Higgins was a stud in the last 5 minutes of the game last night.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I think the Avery ruling is a joke, but unfortunately neccesary...he is a punk, but one of the Devils should have drilled him. If the NHL had not taken a stand, it would have gotten even more ridiculous.

Go Predlys! Smoke the Dead Things! Go Avs!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
I think the Avery ruling is a joke, but unfortunately neccesary...
ya, because there's never been *anything* to distract players in the NHL before... there's never been trash-talking, hits away from the play, tapping your stick on the ice to try to get the other team to drop the puck back to you, pushing, shoving, face washes, etc. the Avery's, the LaPerriere's, they make the game interesting, and truly just p!ss off the other team. their job is to get under the other team's skin, and Avery's done just that. now CC changes the rules b/c he was 'distracting' the Brodeur. BFD! you're supposed to distract and block the goalie. if you don't want that, draw a huge circle around the goal like in lacrosse, and don't let the opposing players in it. :nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Push it forward and see how far a little moron like Avery would/could take it. Why not just let him skate up and put his hands over the goalies eyes? Or slew foot the goalie like in Slap Shot? And while there isn't a cicrle around the goal, it is protected...its called the crease...maybe you have heard of it? Blue ice and such?
The most unfortunate thing about it is that Avery has skills. He is a most excellent agitator already. But he is so self consumed that he HAS to get his name in the news, has to see what he can f@ck with next to get some publicity...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hope so. Unfortunately if the Flyers win against the Caps, that'll pit the Rangers against the Pens. Damn. Not that the Canadians would be much easier, but the Penguins just seem unstoppable.

Also, I think that the new "Avery Rule" is a bit stupid. So now you can't distract the goaltender? WTF?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3346729
Did you see the footage of what he was doing?

I've played hockey since I was 4 years old and I've never seen anything so bush league in all my life. It was embarrassing.