Quantcast

NHL playoffs...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
What the hell, I leave for 5 minutes, and its all tied up. Now we go to OT...the most funnest part of hockey, sudden death. Its all on the line for the Rangers...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I can't believe that the Pens almost let that one slip! If the Pens lost that game they would have lost that series! Obviously we will never know, but the way the Rangers were building confidence really made me think that if the Pens lost todays game they wouldn't be able to overcome that mental blow!

The Pens really came out on fire in the OT... Well played series by NY though!

Now bring on Phily! This is going to be a hell of a series! The Broad St. bullies have had our number this year!

Lets GO PENS!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Man the Pens are good... they are a really impressive team to watch. Even when they aren't doing something spectacular, they are just sooo good and so in tune with each other than they still make me say wow.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
4 OT...I fell asleep after the 2d. Too much barbecue and Vicodin. I hope the Tivo got it all.
Flyers over Pens...hate to say it. Pens are young, fast and hot, but the Flyers are, well, flying.
Wings over Stars. I hope not, but the Wings are too good and too rested.

Morrows hit on Michalek was the hit of the playoffs. And completely clean. Michalek seperated his shoulder I think...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I stayed up for three of the 4 OTs and then when I saw 2:00 on the clock I said I gotta get some sleep.

Either a separated shoulder or broken collarbone I bet. Man that was a punishing check!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Wow! Dallas in Quadruple OT! Did anyone see Morrow's hit on Michalek? OOOH that had to hurt. And he gets the game winner.

Hell, that hit knocked the fillings out of MY teeth! :eek:

Now, I think the Flyers will put up one hell of a fight in the game. Biron is sharp right now, and the Flyers forwards are playing pretty well. Should be a good series against a real good team.

Now, just as a footnote, all those who dismiss the Flyers, they did do well against them in the season.
I would also like to point out the same was said about a great Habs team.

Yes, I know this is the playoffs, but I see a a hard fought 7 games. Gonna be a GREAT series! :thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
2008 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS

#2 vs. #6
Fri., May 9, 2008 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh
Sun., May 11, 2008 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh
Tues., May 13, 2008 Pittsburgh at Philadelphia
Thurs., May 15, 2008 Pittsburgh at Philadelphia
*Sun., May 18, 2008 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh
*Tues., May 20, 2008 Pittsburgh at Philadelphia
*Thurs., May 22, 2008 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh

2008 WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS

#1 vs. #5
Thurs., May 8, 2008 Dallas at Detroit
Sat., May 10, 2008 Dallas at Detroit
Mon., May 12, 2008 Detroit at Dallas
Wed., May 14, 2008 Detroit at Dallas
*Sat., May 17, 2008 Dallas at Detroit
*Mon., May 19, 2008 Detroit at Dallas
*Wed., May 21, 2008 Dallas at Detroit

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
<Penguin fans quietly rejoice that .pit steelers. is not making Nostradmubass predictions abouts the Pens>

Go WINGS!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That call early in the first to put the Wings up on the 5vs3 powerplay was a friggin joke! Roughing!? C'mon man that was nothing.

It was like the game was being set up for the Wings to go ahead early. I don't think the refs ever came back with a true makeup call for that lame call either.

Looking forward to Pens vs. Flyers tonight.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Sigh...Wings handled the Stars tonight, well, handily. Modano and Morrow had better rally the troops or it will be a short series...
i don't see this being much of a series .i predict wings sweep or 4-1 wings. the good series should be the pens v. flyers series . i predict 4-2 pens.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
little scary early... but the Pens got their game on! How about that slapper by Malkin from about 8' out! Man was he showing them don't F' with me or what? lots different from last years showing for him.

I missed the scrum you speak of... I ran to the bathroom came back and saw them putting people in boxes etc. :banghead:

dhmike good call on the score!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Pens look good. Malkin is dominant and Crosby quietly does his thing a bit under Malkin's radar these days.

Will any discipline be doled out to Osgood and Ribiero? Or will Ribiero be the only one to get any type of fine/suspension? I guess if the league officials review the play they'll see the Osgood stickwork first, and I think he embellished the stick to his chest too (I mean c'mon he's got a big chest protector on underneath there). Still a dumb retaliation move by Ribiero.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Totally dumb frustration move by Ribiero, especially at the end of a game and when Osgood didnt even touch him. I watched the replays and didnt even really see the alledged buut end. Did anyone?. $10 says Chelios runs Ribiero later, but Cheapshotbastard Cheli wont drop 'em to save his life. I liked how Ossie dropped like he had been shot.

splat

Nam I am
Osgood Most definatly got Ribiero with the butten of his stick , which wasa dumb move because time had expired. and Quit frankly I don't see how the league can not do any thing aobut it, Stick play like that can not be allowed. But I bet Osgood gets nothing .

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
for those of you that watched the Pens game... did you hear early in the third pd. at a couple of the breaks in play... they were playing Fugazi and Helmet?!?!?! good choice of music if I do say so myself!

how bout them Pens!!!