Quantcast

NHL playoffs...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
The Wings hot hosed. What the hell was the ref looking at when he waived off that goal?
he was probably lookin at the replay of the goal that wasn't waived off in the first game of the series where Holmstrom was trying to reinact the Borat scene with his but in Turco's face!:biggrin:

it was definately bogus! but it was also a payback call!

The stars looked good last night! That was the first time in this series they have had some jump in their step!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Betcha the Flyers eeek one right out their a$$ for a win....

:rolleyes:

I love my Flyers, and am REAL proud of how far they've come in just one season.....However, the way they have skated the last 3 games shows you the inexperience of the team.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know we lost our two top defensemen, but it seems to me :think: the wingers and centers are the ones who turned it over between the blue lines.....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Pens are playing extremely good team defense and everyone is getting in on the act - even Marion Hossa.

I didn't realize they only gave up 8 shots on goal the other night. 8 shots is not going to get it done in the regular season, let alone a playoff game.

The Flyers have to play with maximum desperation tonight and I don't thing that is even going to help. Go Pens!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Maybe it has something to do with the Pens playing good team D and locking up the nuetral zone and not givng the Flyers any options?
Absolutely. It is what it is but the Pens are skating REAL strong and controlling the neutral zone. The forechecking has been awesome.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Ahh...so like, where did THAT team come from? That's the type of hockey that got them there in the first place...:thumb:

Although, the second half of the third period was more like the 1st 3 games....:banghead:

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Theres rumors of the Flyers getting one of their defensemen back. I think being back in Pittsburgh will help them out on Sunday. Hopefully we can just put the last nail in the coffin and move on.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Ahh...so like, where did THAT team come from? That's the type of hockey that got them there in the first place...:thumb:

Although, the second half of the third period was more like the 1st 3 games....:banghead:
Where did that Team come from? Well I think a lot of it has to do with the officiating. Some weak ass calls in the first period by the refs in my opinion. The Penguins were shorthanded for two thirds of the first period I bet.

I think they will take care of business in game 5.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Where did that Team come from? Well I think a lot of it has to do with the officiating. Some weak ass calls in the first period by the refs in my opinion. The Penguins were shorthanded for two thirds of the first period I bet.

I think they will take care of business in game 5.
thank you! isn't "clipping" a football offense? I can not remember hearing a Ref in hockey say "2 min. for 'clipping' " just like the phantom "goaltender interference" call in the Wangs vs Stars game 4!

I guess it is good for the City of P-burgh... lots of money will roll in from the Pens returning here for game 5!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
thank you! isn't "clipping" a football offense? I can not remember hearing a Ref in hockey say "2 min. for 'clipping' " just like the phantom "goaltender interference" call in the Wangs vs Stars game 4!

I guess it is good for the City of P-burgh... lots of money will roll in from the Pens returning here for game 5!

It wasn't so much that penalty - but the roughing call on Orpik after that that surprised me.

But yeah - extended series equals more revenue for the clubs and the NHL.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
No one really likes the Flyers.
My boss is a flyers fan. She is wearing a flyers jersey today. I had a Scrubs (the tv show) moment in my head of pulling the jersey over her head and throwing a couple punches.

Ill wear my pens jersey on Monday after we win this weekend.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Good little scrums at the end of the game...has me wondering if NHL marketing hired some guys away from the WWE. Kinda looks funny, two teams down 3/0, and being dominated on the ice, then what do you know, the plucky little guys win a big one with their backs against the wall...hmmmm.
Like MMcG says, more $$ for la liga...
Or maybe I am getting cynical in my old age.

Memorial Cup starts today, Go Chiefs Go!

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
After watching the game last night and the one on Wednesday I am beginning to think that the NHL really wanted two games this weekend on national tv. That clipping penalty was a good hip check. I think that the NHL forgot what those looked like. Orpik’s penalty was horrible; he gets crosschecked three times and then just grabs the guy. Meanwhile you have every Flyer throwing a check with their arms, hands, and elbows up. But just like Brungeman said the city could definitely use some extra money so bring on game five.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
2- 7 game series would bring in much more $$ to the league...

Could you imagine the shock to the game if the fix was in? Just as it is starting to rise in the public eyes again?

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
dang. I have been traveling all day so I haven't seen any of the game. But looking at the stats it looks like the pens worked the flyers over.