Quantcast

NHL playoffs...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Malking has done little this finals to negate the stereotypes regarding Russian players in and pressure in the playoffs. Russians may bring skill, but it is still a Canadian kids playoffs. (Although Syndey hasnt shown a whole lot of passion, game 3 notwithstanding.) They just dont seem to have the passion for the Cup, only for $$.

Meanwhile, the Wings imports are playing like men...whats the deal? How to bring it out seems to be a Detroit secret these days.

Still rooting against the Wings, but is a win for Pitt tonight only forestalling the inevitable?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Malking has done little this finals to negate the stereotypes regarding Russian players in and pressure in the playoffs. Russians may bring skill, but it is still a Canadian kids playoffs. (Although Syndey hasnt shown a whole lot of passion, game 3 notwithstanding.) They just dont seem to have the passion for the Cup, only for $$.

I think he's out of gas. Remember, he's just 21 and his only playoff experience is 5 games last year. He came out flying (18 pts in the first 12 games of the playoffs), and used up everything he had. He just looks tired out there on the ice.

Next year, I think he'll be much better prepared ... that is if the Pens can repeat this year's success. They've got a lot of free agents to deal with this summer.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Holy crap what a game. Thats some dang good playoff hockey right there. I think it will go to game 7 now. The pens should be pretty fired up after that game and having the home crowd behind that, they should pull off a win at home on Wednesday.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Three Words - Marc Andre Fleury!

Holy Crap - he was outstanding last night. What a great game. I'm glad the OT wasn't decided by any of the crappy penalty calls that were made in OT. The Hudler high stick had to be called though.

I wonder if Gonchar will be ready to play for Game 6 - he looked like he was still half out of it during that final power play and and in talking during the post game interview.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
How about Malone? Takes a slap shot to the face and comes right back in. I wasn't sure if the Pens really wanted it, but they proved it last night that they do.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
How about Malone? Takes a slap shot to the face and comes right back in. I wasn't sure if the Pens really wanted it, but they proved it last night that they do.
Oh man that was scary - and he got right up and just skated off - crazy!

I tell ya - hockey players have to rank way up their on the toughness scale don't you think?

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Oh man that was scary - and he got right up and just skated off - crazy!

I tell ya - hockey players have to rank way up their on the toughness scale don't you think?
I love when they pan across the benches, every single guy has a chopped up beard, missing teeth, tampons in their nose and hollow look in their eyes. There are a lot of pro sports out there that you know they are just playing for the money. But when you watch these guys play, they are playing for much more than a pay check. Why else would you take a slap shot to the face and be back out on the ice your next shift?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I love when they pan across the benches, every single guy has a chopped up beard, missing teeth, tampons in their nose and hollow look in their eyes. There are a lot of pro sports out there that you know they are just playing for the money. But when you watch these guys play, they are playing for much more than a pay check. Why else would you take a slap shot to the face and be back out on the ice your next shift?
'Cause it's an unwritten rule: "Unless it's really bad, you play." :thumb:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Amazing game...props to the Pens for not folding up the tents when the Wings came back from 2-0. Fleury stops 54!? Incredible! Hope the momentum continues!

I was way frustrado with the way the Wings dominated the perimeter and seemed to be toying with the Pens. They are still dominant.

Chelios has yet to suit up for the final, right?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, I have been lurking the past couple of pages of the thread, but, from an uninterested third party, the Wings got robbed. That whole third period they dominated SO much, it wasn't even dump and chase hockey, it was dump, and turn over at the blue line.

BUT, give credit where credit is due, great job by the Pens, and the tying goal was GREAT second effort.

Fun game for sure!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Agreed on the domination, but for as many shots as they had, to not be able to get one past Fleury is pretty poor. If they got robbed, Fleury is teh robber...
Pens have momentum, but can they keep it?

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I can't believe I am still alive and my heart is functioning after that game. I was just getting ready to shut the t.v. off so I would not have to watch the Wings hoist the cup and next thing I know the puck is in the back of the net and my head is almost through the ceiling tiles. This is all after I was really bagging on Fleury after game four and how the Pens must have traded for Carey Price between the Flyers and Wings series. Then he comes out in game five and shuts me up.

The Redwings did seem to out play the Pens for a good portion of the game. All they keep saying is how bad they were out shooting the Pens, but watching that game a good number of shots were coming from the outside.

Even if they lose tomorrow night they definitely made it exciting and in the end they still crushed the hearts of Flyers fans. What more can us Western Pennsylvanians ask for.

Hey SK6, first Snowshoe race I will be wearing my Pens shirt just for you.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I can't believe I am still alive and my heart is functioning after that game. I was just getting ready to shut the t.v. off so I would not have to watch the Wings hoist the cup and next thing I know the puck is in the back of the net and my head is almost through the ceiling tiles. This is all after I was really bagging on Fleury after game four and how the Pens must have traded for Carey Price between the Flyers and Wings series. Then he comes out in game five and shuts me up.

The Redwings did seem to out play the Pens for a good portion of the game. All they keep saying is how bad they were out shooting the Pens, but watching that game a good number of shots were coming from the outside.

Even if they lose tomorrow night they definitely made it exciting and in the end they still crushed the hearts of Flyers fans. What more can us Western Pennsylvanians ask for.

Hey SK6, first Snowshoe race I will be wearing my Pens shirt just for you.
Gee, thanks for that....:bonk:

;)

:D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
If Pittsburgh scores first then I think that really will help them tonight. If they fall behind, I don't know if they will have any gas left in their tank to fight back against the Red Wings. The Red Wings were ever so close on Monday night - if they get ahead, I don't think the Pens will be able to come back again like they did Wednesday.

But as a hockey fan - I'm rooting for a Pens win and a Game 7 back in Hockeytown.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Agreed...'specially after that golfer guy whateverhisnameis- Pooh Bear or some sh*t? Dissed on our game. Shut up, you effeminante elitist pig! (Although, his wife is way hot...)

Apr 29, 2008
Travis AFB
HOW SWEEEEET IT IS!!! Man I cant even think how crazy that last shot was..Man that was close....But we got it!!!!!!!ohh and sorry NBC your pride and joy crosby lost...ha go cry some more.......:banana::busted:

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Well all I have to say is I think Carey Price was back in net tonight. That juicy 6' rebound he left up causing the second goal was several feet from the top of the freaking circle. Come on man this is not the ECHL you are an NHL goalie have some rebound control. I don't even want to mention the third goal other than it made me want to throw-up.

At the end of the game I was not even that disappointed. I guess that is because the team that played a hell of a lot better ended up winning in the end. Not to mention that Osgood made the saves he had to like the one on Roberts. Although I did turn the t.v. off when the clock hit zero. I couldn't bare to watch.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I have no idea what you mean by that JD...

WHAT A FINISH! If the Pens had scored at the last second, I would have bet the house and kids on them in game 7...but alas, 'twas not to be...

Congrats to Mike Babcock and the Wings, as much as I hate them! Babcock is a classy and nice guy, I met him in Spokane a few years back when we were both coaching there (Okay, at slightly different levels, him Major Jr A, me house league Squirts...).

Who wants bets on next year? I will take the Blackhawks to win it all...

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
One more positive out of the Pens losing is I don't have to hear Steelers fans talking to me about hockey. They can all go back to getting pumped up for mini camp.