Quantcast

No more maxxis thread

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Cool thanks.
I spoke with the Sorba about doing something at Helen GA along with the XC..... Well, they pretty much said they'd rather test the waters with something more like Super D first.
They also have their own racing problems.... so who knows....

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I still think there should be a DH race at Oak mtn, Alabama. At the Bump n Grind. It's set up PERFECT for a race. Huge gravel road going to the very top of the run.(I'm thinking dropping in at the top of the trail that has 'blood rock').

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Bump n Grind is put part of the SERC series right?

Is that the same promoter that did the Dam Jam last year? :help:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
motomike said:
I still think there should be a DH race at Oak mtn, Alabama. At the Bump n Grind. It's set up PERFECT for a race. Huge gravel road going to the very top of the run.(I'm thinking dropping in at the top of the trail that has 'blood rock').
yeah.....while you're at it...2 things.
1. Post a Mapquest mileage to that race
2. Post an elevation grade and distance for that run...Herndon said it was something like 2 minutes max.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Yeah Birmingham would be too far for most to show.
Sorry guys I don't have anything for the season. If everyone would support what little there is then at least maybe a promoter could convince a sponsor to give a damn.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
oh well ,there is always Sugar National to look forward to, & Crankworks if you are the highly skilled !
The Icycle for good cold times...

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
DVNT said:
I thought we'd be further along to getting a race-able DH trail here but the shuttle was ......
Well ask Brady or Jeff about the Shuttle at Windy Gap.QUOTE]

The shuttle SUCKED in the worst way, but the ride down was FAST, FLOWY, and F-ing FUN!!!!

Sorry, I'm not Brady or Jeff, but I thought I would just throw my 2 cents in the hat.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
bizutch said:
yeah.....while you're at it...2 things.
1. Post a Mapquest mileage to that race
2. Post an elevation grade and distance for that run...Herndon said it was something like 2 minutes max.
1. very very far

2. from the very top, it could be close to 2 1/2 - 3 minutes. It's an 800' hill.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
I think that a spirited discussion is sometimes a good thing in order to get everyone on the same page. I agree that it does get pretty lame but confrontation usually leads to a better understanding of everyones issues. Besides what the hell else is this forum for?
some of the folks on the knoxcycling website need to be reminded of this from time to time.