Quantcast

- - - non-nude interbike 2006 - - -

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Thanks dude... and in case anyone is wondering... those are 24" Industry 9's... OOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEE!!!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
No Rock Shox DH shock?
Nope. They told me they were working on a new one and may or may not release on for 07. They also said they will only release a new rear DH shock if it is different from all the other technology out there. Guess they don't have it yet and hope they don’t try to bring the pull shock back!!!!!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
See...now that's when you know your bike company kicks ass!
Your product rep is:
A. Beautiful
B. Blonde
C. Pro Downhiller
D. Stacked
E. Your wife
F. All of the Above

jennifer Gabrielli..."sigh"
Um, I'm pretty sure that isn't Jenn. Jenn runs a clothing store with leigh Donovan now.

http://www.shoptangerine.com/aboutus.html scroll down, jenn is to the righ tof leigh with the kid in the green sweater.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted by bizutch
dude...trust me. If you ever have a newborn...it's worth having a camera around to take pics of your wife's flotillas for personal future reference :cheers:
i guess i will need to purchase a camera then:cheers:

lugnuts

Monkey
May 2, 2002
maine
dude...trust me. If you ever have a newborn...it's worth having a camera around to take pics of your wife's flotillas for personal future reference:cheers:
yep . . .camera indeed, because that's probably as close as you'll be getting to them for quite some time.:banghead:

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
definately want to see more detail of the shorts. from the pictures its hard to tell much about them, other than that they are shorts.
I've been watching the various sites for pics from our booth and I found a couple that might offer a little more detail on the shorts... They'll be up on our website within a week or so as well, but for now:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
If anyone needs a creative way to break their jaw whilst being towed behind a boat may I suggest:

...for more traction in the rain at Mt. Snow and Diablo, I'm getting one of these for my Sunday... no one's fu@kin' with me again:biggrin: :

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
okay that looks pretty cool, but we never get snow here and when i do go to snow i have to ski, cause its my third favorit things to do in life

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Pretty funny:

Cam McRae hits the nail on the head:

From NSMB Interbike coverage:
http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/interbike06_1.php

In some ways I like the fact that Shimano is a stubborn company. That tenacity has brought us some of the best bicycle products there are; index shifting, SPD pedals, rapidfire controls and the external bottom bracket to name just a few. Unfortunately it didn't seem they were always listening to freeride and DH riders. Trying push Dual Control (where your brake lever is also your shifter) on freeriders was a very large mistake. Shimano even launched their 'two finger' add campaign using Sterling Lorence photos and Saint pros like Wade Simmons and Thomas Vanderham to try and convince us it was the way forward. Rapid Rise or Low Normal shifting is another Shimano innovation that didn't go over well with the gravity crew. Shimano figured we just didn't get it and then when we did we'd like it - but it hasn't panned out that way.

Shimano has tended to work on projects in secret over the years - unveiling product to the public once everything is complete. While riders in the outside world grew and adapted, the engineers and designers back in the vacuum chamber kept building for the same market.

Finally someone at Shimano identified this problem and the company responded in an unusual way. Sales and marketing employees from Japan were dispatched to various parts of the globe to discover what real riders were actually doing. On the North Shore we were lucky enough to have Hideki Ikemoto in our midst for several months. Working at John Henry Bikes and riding with the shop rats and their friends, Hideki became a real local. I was lucky enough to get out for a ride with Hideki and over the course of his stay on the Shore he turned into a real ripper and an honourary member of the JH crew. He was genuinely sad when it came time to return to Japan and report on his fndings. The good news is that the work done by Hideki and others lead Shimano to begin listening to riders, and many of the recommendations are coming to fruition now. It seems curious that Shimano couldn't have just listened to their employees out in the real world, their team riders and perhaps even evil journalists like myself.

...this is good to hear.

Now if only they'll stop being so damn greedy and make DH/FR hubs that are 6-bolt rotor compatible, or just compatible in general they'd be on a roll.

EDIT: Holy crap,... Snow-Tubing in Hell?!:
For Saint and Hone or even XTR you can now choose between conventional and Low Normal shifting and between Dual and single control shifters and levers. You can get several different lengths of cage for your derailleur as well which is great for those of us who only run one or two chainrings. Shimano is offering adapters to allow you to use a six bolt brake rotor on a Shimano hub and a conventional bolt circle on their cranks so you can use rings from other manufacturers. Compatibility - what a concept!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Thats called "dammit, sram took a good bite out of our omnipotent asses. Perhaps we should stop being arrogant asshats and stop telling riders whats best for them."

But I'm just paraphrasing of course.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
OK here are my pics.

biggest news for me is the nevegal 29ers. sticky rubber and plenty of sidewall and volume for dh use.

WTB weirwolf LT 2.5 lota air but no bite.

Mateo, keeping the world a cleaner place, props.

made sanjay ride some 29's

20cc's in you frony wheel YO!

air pogo stick sizes

low rider

this is what i am talk'in about!

vboxx

HEEEED

the voice, the legend, the man PHIL

i'll finish tomorrow