Quantcast

North* reports here-

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
...what a great season. Thanks to all the monkeys for supporting the park this year. It will only get bigger and better. And, thanks to all the monkeys that said "hi" when they saw me out on the trails, either riding or digging, or standing in mud up to my knees:imstupid: It just makes the job even more rewarding. See some of you in Auburn, and I'll see the rest of you next summer! IT'S ON BABY!!!

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
word good times this year, my first at n*
even the girl who gave me me a hard time about locking up my bike near the lifts w/ a for sale sign was nice
when i i walked up to the tkt win to buy, she said ur a shop employee right , wink wink
i said yes, yes i am, thats the ticket
we then proceded to bury the hatchet
i gots me some pics, will post soon

oh, i am one of the riders (w/ the raw bottlerocket) who was lightin all the lifties up all season when i was up there

word good times this year, my first at n*
even the girl who gave me me a hard time about locking up my bike near the lifts w/ a for sale sign was nice
when i i walked up to the tkt win to buy, she said ur a shop employee right , wink wink
i said yes, yes i am, thats the ticket
we then proceded to bury the hatchet
i gots me some pics, will post soon

oh, i am one of the riders (w/ the raw bottlerocket) who was lightin all the lifties up all season when i was up there
....uhhhh, what?

Can't understand all that hippster lingo you just spewed.
Feeling so old all of a sudden.:disgust1::twitch:

desmo

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
Awesome 1st year experience.. progressed every time I was there.

Best moment from the summer was Gideon..

Waiting at the lift, really hot N* lift operator, knee-hi socks... Gideon says " Are you Hansel or Gretel" she replies... "I will be anything you want"

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
Awesome 1st year experience.. progressed every time I was there.

Best moment from the summer was Gideon..

Waiting at the lift, really hot N* lift operator, knee-hi socks... Gideon says " Are you Hansel or Gretel" she replies... "I will be anything you want"
she made my summer too, a few times actually at northstar. and seriously she dosnt look like any hansel i know. next time youre trying to pick up a hot chick beter not ask if shes a guy from some fairytale.

i'm kinda late in posting this, but i was up there with my uncle on Aug. 15 or 16 and rode a little...
i got screwed after my first run(livewire- sickest f-ing trail ever!!!) when i went and did the log jibs next to the lifts... i did the big one, overshot and snapped my BB spindle off...
we had to run to Truckee and go to 6 different shops before we found one that fit my bike...
anyways, we came back and did Livewire again and then hit up Karpiel... it was a good day, but we kinda got screwed...
kinda crappy luck for it being my first time ever riding there, but the place is insane!!!

on our way back to his place, we stopped and hit some jumps and stuff off the 89 in Christmas Valley... some stuff below Toads...

Cleatus

Chimp
Mar 2, 2007
Reno, Nevada
NORTHSTAR-AT-TAHOE™ RESORT UNVEILS PLANS FOR MOUNTAIN BIKE PARK IN 2008

Introducing Beginner Terrain, Increased Lift Capacity, Instructional Riding Clinics and More, Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort Offers Something for Every Level of Rider

INTERBIKE EXPO, LAS VEGAS – Sept. 26, 2007 – Building on the success of this past summer, Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort today announced plans for its popular mountain bike park for the 2008 season and beyond. Improving on its existing offering, the resort will offer increased lift capacity, new trails suitable for beginners, as well as new advanced trails* and features, instructional riding classes, signature bike events, new cross-country trails and more.

“For the 2008 season, we will have the ability to cater to riders of all ages and ability levels as we add more beginner and intermediate terrain and introduce riding clinics suited to downhill and cross-country riders,” said Andy Buckley, director of resort experience at Northstar™ Resort. “This coupled with the expansion of our advanced and expert terrain, and the improvement of our existing infrastructure will offer riders an even better downhill riding experience.”

NEW TERRAIN, LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES CATER TO ALL ABILITY LEVELS
Starting in 2008, Northstar Resort will offer beginner trails that run from the Village at Northstar™ up to mid-mountain. Suitable for all ages and ability levels, these family-oriented trails will give riders an opportunity to experience the bike park at their own pace.

The resort has plans to construct a trail similar to LiveWire, it’s first signature downhill trail that features an irrigation system top to bottom, that will be geared toward intermediate riders. LiveWire proved to be a very popular trail among riders during the 2007 season. Taking guest feedback and that of NorthstarResort’s team riders, the trail crew will build another fully irrigated trail that will entice non-expert riders to enjoy the ride.

And, for those just starting out or who want to improve their riding, Northstar Resort will introduce group and private riding clinics on weekends and holidays. Specializing in downhill and cross-country skill development, both children’s and women-specific clinics will also be available.

Also in the plan is the development of a new cross-country trail that will loop behind Lookout Mountain and provide riders with spectacular views of the Martis Valley and the Sierra Nevada mountain range.

INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADES IMPROVE ACCESS, FLOW OF TRAILS
Northstar Resort will double the lift capacity on the Tahoe Zephyr Express, its six-pack express chairlift, allowing even more riders to quickly get up the mountain. The resort will also continue to develop its trail irrigation management system in an effort to continue to be able to offer riders smooth trails with a tacky surface for superior traction, and will upgrade the existing trail network under the Vista Express chairlift in order to create better flow and a sense of continuity among the trails.

RACES AND EVENTS DRAW COMPETITORS TO NORTHSTAR RESORT
In addition to the hosting of its own downhill and cross-country race events, NorthstarResort is interested in bringing larger scale events to the resort. Currently in discussions with Tour de Nez, Northstar Resort is working to bring the popular festival event to the resort in 2008, as well as some other larger scale mountain bike events.

Bike park sponsor, Giant Bicycles is also considering introducing road, cross-country and downhill performance clinics to riders at Northstar Resort. Featuring Giant sponsored athletes, the performance clinics would include seminars and ride time with the athletes.

Beyond the 2008 season, NorthstarResort’s five year plan includes more trail irrigation using the existing snowmaking infrastructure, additional on-mountain dining options, daily clinics, the hosting of national and international race events, the continual building of new trails and the upgrading of the existing trail network and infrastructure.

For more information about the Northstar Resort mountain bike park, visit www.NorthstarAtTahoe.com.

* All new trail development is pending permits.

About Northstar-at-Tahoe™ Resort
Northstar-at-TahoeResort is becoming one of the finest year-round destination mountain resorts in North America offering activities for all ages. With 83 trails spread across 2,490 acres, world-class terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing, Northstar™ Resort is fun for all. The resort also offers summer activities including mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, horseback riding, fly-fishing and much more. And, with the new Village at Northstar™ featuring shopping, dining, special events and a 9,000 square foot skating rink, Northstar Resort offers something for everyone.

Northstar-at-TahoeResort is located on Highway 267, just six miles north of Lake Tahoe and six miles south of downtown Truckee. For more information on Northstar Resort, call 1.800.GO.NORTH™ (1.800.466.6784) or visit www.NorthstarAtTahoe.com.

Press Contacts:
Jessica VanPernis, 530.562.3866
Kirstin A. Cattell, 530.543.3132
tahoepr@boothcreek.com

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Posted this in another thread, but just in case... they were running a deal on closing day where you could buy a pass for next year for the current season pass price ($229). This deal is apparently going on through the month of October, but only if you *call* the ticket office. The pass price is supposed to go up next year, which I could certainly understand seeing how much work they put into the park this year, and the plans for next year.

Speaking of which... huge thanks to everyone on the trail crew and otherwise involved in working on the park this year! I had a blast at N* this year, and can't wait for next year.

How much could they raise it?
I'm a shop guy, and this year I just said the heck with it and got a season pass, just because I hate having to deal with going in and getting the pass each and every time I'm up there.
Might just be going inside everytime if they're going to up it a bunch.
Then again...it's a write off...big whoop I suppose.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
iam representing the blue of the crips now cuz iam cripple for life thanks to gypsy. iam so weak i was getn passed by coyotes in the air down live wire.

all that snow is right iam still waiting for the plow to come down my street.