Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2004, save the date

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
berkshire_rider said:
Are there any "important" details about this even, like camping, and what time everyone is showing up Friday? I just went through all 19 pages and didn't see anything. :dead:
You need to get there early enough to hit the jump and stunts a bunch of times, get your tent set up, get drunk, and get to sleep early enough so that you don't die on the kickass XC ride on the Kingdom Trails on Saturday :help:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Just got approval to take that entire last week of July off for Vacation - I may have to get up to the Kingdom Trails a little bit earlier than Friday!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
The first rule of fight club is never talk about fight club.

:)

As of right now there isn't really a "plan" I know there is a bunch of people meeting in Albany Thursday night then heading up to VT Friday Morning.

a bunch?
who?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
a bunch?
who?
Oh well I thought that was Jackson's plan and it was mine till I found out I can't leave till 12pm that Friday. I just thought I heard some of the other people are meeting there. My bad! Bunch probably wasn't the right word.

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
hans2 said:
Has any sort of schedule been posted? I'll probably only be able to be there for one day and wanted to make it the best day of riding.
This is the way it went on the first two hans2. I went for the Sat. only ride and both times were tooooooooo sweet.Be there ready to ride at about 10:00 a.m.From there it's a brisk wake up climb and about a 5 hour ride including the breaks,especially the stop by the river(so sweet).It's alot of fun :thumb: and the conversastions are priceless :mumble:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
berkshire_rider said:
Are there any "important" details about this even, like camping, and what time everyone is showing up Friday? I just went through all 19 pages and didn't see anything. :dead:
That's a good question. The first 'fest, everyone camped on someone's yard. I don't remember whose, but I haven't seen the offer this year. At the Fall 'fest a bunch of us camped at the campground at Burke Mtn. The lean-tos they have are very cool.
I'm not sure what the plan is this year, but if it's the campground we should reserve now.

NEGladeRider

Chimp
Apr 8, 2003
metheun,ma
Hello, I am offering my yard again this year for camping. This years gathering sounds like it going to be bigger than last year :thumb: I can't wait! :p I will post more details in the next few days.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
NEGladeRider said:
Hello, I am offering my yard again this year for camping. This years gathering sounds like it going to be bigger than last year :thumb: I can't wait! :p I will post more details in the next few days.
AWESOME, Mark!!! Thank you very much! :dancing:

Yeah, we're looking at a good crowd this year....50 people maybe??

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
NEGladeRider said:
SWEET! Thanks man!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So here is what I have for the list of probables so far. In addition to this, there are several "maybes", as well as a bunch of non-monkeys.

myself
MtnBikerChk
Stosh
Jackson
TreeSaw
splat
BikeGeek
jdcamb
Echo
johnbryanpeters
Instigator
Jozz
MMcG
Squeak
Tweek
Deyv
Spincrazy
jollytime
Steff
Nd4Spd
Pigboy
NeGladeRider
Freak
Velocity Girl
Douglas
Tame Ape

I Are Baboon said:
So here is what I have for the list of probables so far. In addition to this, there are several "maybes", as well as a bunch of non-monkeys.

myself
MtnBikerChk
Stosh
Jackson
TreeSaw
splat
BikeGeek
jdcamb
Echo
johnbryanpeters
Instigator
Jozz
MMcG
Squeak
Tweek
Deyv
Spincrazy
jollytime
Steff
Nd4Spd
Pigboy
NeGladeRider
Freak
Velocity Girl
Douglas
Tame Ape
you forgot Isabelle, Karine and Lisa.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Monkeyfest is in just over 1 week. Whoohoooo! I can`t wait. Squeak is flying into montreal on Thursday night and we should leave for East Burke on Friday morning.

Who will arrive early enough on Friday for a little ride?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Deyv said:
Monkeyfest is in just over 1 week. Whoohoooo! I can`t wait. Squeak is flying into montreal on Thursday night and we should leave for East Burke on Friday morning.

We will already be there. Same campsite as the fall. Stop by and see us.....jdcamb

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Deyv said:

Deyv - what is your definition of a "little ride?" ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Deyv said:

ME!!!!! (and jacksonpt)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
NEGladeRider said:
:D

Hello!? is your yard a go or not?? directions??

:help:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Arggh, I'm not going to be able to go! It came down to riding MonkeyFest or going to see the X Games in LA...

I chose X Games...

:sympathy hugs:

NEGladeRider

Chimp
Apr 8, 2003
metheun,ma
Hello everyone. I plan on heading up Thursday night if everything goes well. If some reason no one is there feel free to set up your tent and hang out. One thing I need to ask from all of you is if you could part with a little cash (5 or 10 bucks). I need to pay for a potable toilet and a few other things like gas for the generator for the weekend. If I get enough money to cover my expenses the rest I'm donating to the beer fund. I’m not looking to make any money. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you next weekend! :) mark.
PS: I'll post the directions on Monday.

Deyv said:

pigboy and I should be there early enough for a ride. He left Hawaii sometime today and is supposed to get to my place Thursday afternoon.

John

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
NEGladeRider said:
Hello everyone. I plan on heading up Thursday night if everything goes well. If some reason no one is there feel free to set up your tent and hang out. One thing I need to ask from all of you is if you could part with a little cash (5 or 10 bucks). I need to pay for a potable toilet and a few other things like gas for the generator for the weekend. If I get enough money to cover my expenses the rest I'm donating to the beer fund. I’m not looking to make any money. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you next weekend! :) mark.
PS: I'll post the directions on Monday.

AWESOME!

not only will I hook you up w/some cash but I'll even bring an extra roll of TP for the portapotty!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Deyv said:

I have Friday off and plan on getting to East Burke some time late in the morning (11:00ish). I may head home Saturday night, but this will give me two days of riding. MBC will not be joining us. We're moving into our house in under a month and we seriously need to get packed, so MBC is going to stay behind and tend to that. I'll be staying at Monkeycamp, but I own no camp gear so I'll probably sleep in my car ala Dalton. :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Deyv said:

:D I believe Squirrel & I could be there pretty early so count us in :thumb:

Friday Partly sunny. Highs around 80.
Friday night Partly cloudy. Lows around 60.
Saturday Partly sunny. Highs around 80.
Saturday night Partly cloudy. Lows around 60.
Sunday Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

NEGladeRider

Chimp
Apr 8, 2003
metheun,ma
Hello everyone. I realize lots of people are coming from different places so the best way to do this is provide you with my location and you can go to mapquest and enter your starting location and print directions from that. Here is my location: [2636-2849] Pinkham Rd, East Burke, VT 05832.
Note: once you turn onto pinkham road from route 114 my camp is 1.2 miles up on the left. I will be heading up Thursday night. I'm looking forward to seeing all you up there! Mark.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
NEGladeRider said:
Hello everyone.
Thanks again for everything, Mark!! Looking forward to this weekend!

OK, so it looks like the following people are up for a Friday noonish ride:

Team Deyv
MMcG
Douglas
Jackson
JBP
Pigboy
Splat
TreeSaw
Squirell
Me

Do we want to schedule a time/place to meet? How about noon at the bike shop?

Cool, cool! I wasn't expecting a ride like this Friday! :dancing: