Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest v4.0: 21-23 July 2006

BikeGeek said:
I know, I know, it's only January, but I was looking at pictures last night and started wondering if I'd be able to make it this year seeing as I now have a son to work into the planning equation. I guess the more time I have for planning, the better my chances are of being there.
So what's it going to be, same weekend as usual, 21-23 July?
Yes it is:

Friday: Riding
Saturday: Riding
Sunday: Riding
Riding. :drool: Beer. :drool: Riding. :drool: Sausage. :drool: Riding. :drool: Fire. :drool: Riding. :love:

Kingdom Trails is in East Burke, VT.
Season passes to ride at Kingdom Trails are now $35- and day passes are $10-.

Treesaw has rented Algonquin Lodge (the old Grange Hall) right next to the ball field on Route 114 just north of town.

East Burke weather

Burke Mountain Campground on Burke Mountain, has 5 lean-tos and room for 19 tents. Hot showers are available. Information and reservations line: 802-626-1390 or 802-626-3322 or send an email to rjburke@wildmail.com and tell him the site number you want.

Anything that's not pertinent to this event will be ruthlessly deleted. JBP

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
Hopefully, Caro and I will be able to attend this year. The event will take place just few weeks after the IMBA summit in Whistler, moving to a new place, and getting a new car. If the money is available, we'll be there for sure!

Hum... thinking again. Will we be the only one without kids? :think:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
HypNoTic said:
Hopefully, Caro and I will be able to attend this year. The event will take place just few weeks after the IMBA summit in Whistler, moving to a new place, and getting a new car. If the money is available, we'll be there for sure!

Hum... thinking again. Will we be the only one without kids? :think:
We definitely hope you and Caroline can make it...in fact, we need to get some of the other AllezY folks there this year. I don't believe we would bring the kid (unless the babysitters come along), but I am sure we'll have photos. ;)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
johnbryanpeters said:
Hey Doug, you want to call and see if you can get a price on that?
The campground is typically hard to get in touch with until April or May.

There's also this info from the Kingdom Trails Association:
Tim at KTA said:
If looking for somewhere to stay: Algonquin Lodge (the old Grange Hall) right next to the ball field on Kingdom trails, has large living area can sleep 20 or so. Great deck, kitchen, like a nicely furnished hostel. reasonable rate. Contact John Desmond about rental. john_desmond@king-content.com :help: :help:

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Isa and me will be there for sure, I should be able to ride but will be there anyway.

Really looking forward to it, we are 1 monkeyfest behind the regulars!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Deyv said:
Isa and me will be there for sure, I should be able to ride but will be there anyway.

YEAH!!! We are hoping to invite you and Isa (and a bunch of our other friends) down for a visit (and to meet the baby) sometime in February or perhaps early March...we'll keep you posted!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
peter6061 said:
How long would that drive be from DC?

...or should I be looking at flying?
On average it takes me about 10 hours. Fastest I've done it was a hair over 8 hrs, but that was leaving NEK around 5pm.

If it turns out that you're the only one from this area that can make it, flying may be cheaper than driving alone. If there's a couple of us that can carpool and split gas/tolls, it's not bad...maybe you could even talk MMcG, MBC, and the Baboon into skipping work and hitting some CT trails.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
i'm in possibly maybe. i need to sort out certain financial irregularities in my personal accounts (ie. spending more than is coming in) before i am sure.

-pigboy

ps. never have a roadie shop pack and ship your mt bike. they do the weirdest things and keep certain parts that they've never seen before so that you can't put your bike back together. cretins.....:mad:

pps. treesaw and earl need to buy a yak and bring the baby along on the trails. note: install 5 point harness and a helmet to protect the soft spot.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Deyv said:
I should be able to ride but will be there anyway.
so you will be able to ride? or you won't? or perhaps your doctor said, "Jamais jamais jamais" and you're thinking of disobeying him? knowing how the typical Mt biker thinks i'm guessing it's the last one.

and thus you shall have to drink all of the beer you missed last year AND all the beer you are assigned to drink this year. i'm thinking you're bound to reinjure yourself..... hmmm...... training wheels for your bike perhaps? :p

how's the weather in Quebec? we've been cold here lately. windy, rainy 69 degrees yesterday..... heh heh. ain't i a stinker?

pigboy

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
...and speaking of beer, I've been thinking of brewing up a batch to bring along. Everyone ok with wit? Agentorangemen can vouch for my wit. :drool:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
If it turns out that you're the only one from this area that can make it, flying may be cheaper than driving alone. If there's a couple of us that can carpool and split gas/tolls, it's not bad...maybe you could even talk MMcG, MBC, and the Baboon into skipping work and hitting some CT trails.
We're not sure of our status yet.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
BikeGeek said:
...and speaking of beer, I've been thinking of brewing up a batch to bring along. Everyone ok with wit? Agentorangemen can vouch for my wit. :drool:
It would be awesome to have our own ridemonkey beer!

Pigboy, it would be great if you came, can't wait to see you and everyone else again.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Deyv said:
It would be awesome to have our own ridemonkey beer!

Pigboy, it would be great if you came, can't wait to see you and everyone else again.
:stupid: It's already on our calendar. :thumb: We'll have to wait and see whether out little monkey comes along with a babysitter or if she'll be visiting with the grandparents for the weekend.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
This again falls on my birthday and I'd really like to make it.

What would be even cooler if we could try to get a little more coordinated or maybe patient and ride as a bigger group in 2006.

But perhaps that is too complicated and cumbersome.

Just typing in this thread makes me think of Toady's and Kitchel and Webs - Oh My! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MMcG said:
This again falls on my birthday and I'd really like to make it.

What would be even cooler if we could try to get a little more coordinated or maybe patient and ride as a bigger group in 2006.

But perhaps that is too complicated and cumbersome.

Just typing in this thread makes me think of Toady's and Kitchel and Webs - Oh My! :)
I can't help but smile when I think of Toady's!!! One of my favorites! And this year, you'll have to join us for cake ;)