Quantcast

Norway ride pics (lots)

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Guess you guys want us to fill up the thread with more shots then?

Well, if only the weather went back to sun and shine, instead of rain and showers of snow!!!

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
haha makes me proud to be a norweigen, i have yet to visit norway, but am am almost all norweigen and man those are some sweet trails!!!!!! hey ive got tons of relatives there i even think one of my seccond cousins rides, heh heh heh

Softy

Monkey
Apr 22, 2003
Don't call it a come back
Wow.

A couple of things went through my mind looking at these incredible pic. I got to go to Norway and bring my XC bike. A couple of pics later ,no I got to bring my freefride bike. By the end I'm thinking no wonder my Norwiegian family didn't let me visit. I would never leave.

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Not able to update for a while, we're testing nine bikes for a larger magazine at the moment, so the pics are more bike-oriented than scenery/epic-oriented :(

anyways, here's dr.harmonica on one of the testbikes - Two fingers :nope: ..... :D

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by Trond
Not able to update for a while, we're testing nine bikes for a larger magazine at the moment, so the pics are more bike-oriented than scenery/epic-oriented :(
No reason to appologize for that! (what do we really seem like that much of a non-bike forum?) ;)

Great pics as always! What bikes are you testing?

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
We're testing bikes that are in the NOK 15.000,- area, which is about $2000,- I am sure prices can't be compared though

FS:
Cannondale Jekyll
Kona Dawg
GT XC-ID 3.0

HT:
Commencal Essence
Schwinn Moab HT Pro
Rocky Mountain Vertex 50
Specialized Stumpjumper

And then we have some unconfirmed Fuels and Kleins I think

geiranders

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Originally posted by slcpunk21
What kind of camera are you using to take these pics? (maybe this has been asked before, but I don't remember seeing it)
Hi, I shot the pics from Aurlandsdalen using a simple Canon EOS Rebel Ti camera ($180) with a Canon 28-105 zoom lens on Fujichrome Sensia 100 film. A small and light SLR camera, perfect for trips like this. I always shoot in program mode - fully automatic, simply because the camera is way smarter than me. Being a former camera freak, I used to bring those hardcore fully manual cameras (Nikon FM2, Olympus OM-3, Leica M6) but they're just far too much hassle on rides like this. Sold it all, got this one - and never looked back.

I would say that the film is far more important than the camera, though. But thanks for asking :-)

*geiranders (Trond's friend, as you might guess;-)

Canon EOS Rebel Ti:
http://www.adorama.com/CATI.html

Canon EF 28-105 3.5-4.5 II USM
http://www.adorama.com/CA28105AFNU.html

Fujichrome Sensia 100
http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/Products.jsp?nav=0&parent=PRODUCT_CATEGORY_238145&product=1011500

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Here's some fresh photos from my own backyard - Oslo - this weekend. Still some snow in shaded areas, but it's getting a lot better every week now.

Fighting predatory animals at one of the forest cabins that serve food along the way

Snow :(

This is a hard technical climb but at the moment better off for the ski teams

A few hundred yards later, much less snow - still slippery :p

Ahhh, dry tracks - sort of

At the ridge - you can see Oslo below and the Oslo fjord - only 25minutes away :D

Me not so smooth on a small drop

Gaute rollin'

Apr 25, 2004
NOVA
Trond,

Awesome pictures! I will be heading your way around mid-January (studying abroad for the spring semester). I will be attending Jonkoping International Business School in Jonkoping, Sweden. Are you familiar with that area? If so, how is the riding around there? Keep up the great pictures :thumb:

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Originally posted by seventyohfive
Trond,

Awesome pictures! I will be heading your way around mid-January (studying abroad for the spring semester). I will be attending Jonkoping International Business School in Jonkoping, Sweden. Are you familiar with that area? If so, how is the riding around there? Keep up the great pictures :thumb:
There should be awesome riding there. It should be drying up in Jønkjøping around March and I am sure it's rideable even before then. There's a lake there that should have awesome trails around it as well.

It's 275miles between Oslo and Jønkjøping and it should take around 6 hours to drive if you plan on visiting Norway. It should take around 4 hours to the border. (drive jønkjøping-Gøteborg-Oslo)

Trond.

Attachments

DudeB

Chimp
Sep 6, 2003
north, Finland
been in Norway hundreds of times, only twice with bike.. I absolutely love the country, I wish I could live there :(

anyways, heres few shots, years 2001 and 2002
By, me + my 2 friends..

I will be there this year also :)

15. April 2004 in Skibotn..

Stoffer

Chimp
May 2, 2004
Trondheim, Norway
finally i've registered, so that i can show you guys some of my pics :)

all of these pictures are taken in Trondheim, where the Thor's Hammer gathering is situated. Believe me, it'll be a blast!

a dude named Henrik:

Henrik up front, and my younger brother behind him:

my younger brother, Henrik:

my brother again, riding the same slickrocks as in the first picture. such a pitty that these pictures don't show how steep it is...

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Geir Kjosavik (BikingViking on mtbr) guided a tour in Trondheim yesterday and took some spectacular pictures :)

I wish I was there...

19-20 people showed

Sweet singletrack

looks like an awesome trail

descending

Face-slap! the rider didn't see the hole :D

I love Norway :love:

OWNED! Symphony: The Nut Cracker Suite

Jorgen on Ridemonkey!

Odd Arne on Ridemonkey!

Scenic, and a secret trail reaching down to the road

Amazing pic after a long descent :eek:

On their way home after what looks like a beautiful day

All pics by Geir Kjosavik.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Originally posted by Trond
ALRIGHTY! We just put out another article from Aurlandsdalen in Norway. The pics are large so I'll direct you to our gallery

Check out the Gallery here

makes me want to drop everything and get an xc bike and move.

show us some crappy pics so .005% of the us population doesn't leave.:D

thanks

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
It's been a long time without any posts. I'll get some more up soon ;)

Anyhoo, here's some pics of me from DT Oslo this weekend- a great place for trials/urban riding :D

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
From a groupride not so long ago with our readers:

Sveinung clearing a technical piece

Øyvind

Singletrack

It's just too hardcore North Shore riding! :p

Christian riding sweet singletrack