Trond said:
From a groupride not so long ago with our readers:

Sveinung clearing a technical piece

Øyvind

Singletrack

It's just too hardcore North Shore riding! :p

Christian riding sweet singletrack
Are you single :heart: ;)

NOrway looks absolutely amazing. Thanks for posting these.

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Geir Anders (geiranders on this forum) had an epic ride in the Norwegian Mountains of Rondane this weekend.

I'll let the pics speak for itself. Looks absolutely beautiful :drool:

pierke

Chimp
May 31, 2004
Can someone please tell me where I can find the best/most MARKED routes for XC riding??

I'm leaving sunday for 3,5 weeks Norway, but I need some nice spots to bike. We'll stay at a camping...

Thank you very much

XpeteX

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Oslo, No(r)way
What better way to break in my ride-:monkey: profile than to add some fuel to this fire?
(ps. I after browsing through 12 pages of Norwegian trailpr0n I felt the sudden urge to stand up and sing the nat'l anthem :p )

slightly blurry pic of my old "backyard" in Ski (so. Oslo suburb)

and a closeup of my trusty-rusty (with a detailed view of what the ground looks like)

actually.. I think I'll bring my new, little camera when I bring my DHR out to do "shuttleruns" with the metro/tram tonight :D

XpeteX

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Oslo, No(r)way
as promised, todays ride, comressed down to a few pixels:

first off my friend Trygve powering through a cute little rockgarden-type thing

then, Trygve's co-worker Gunnar with his new, tiny Bullit a bit higher up the same trail on a later run.

both pictures taken on the awesome "Old Skådalen"-trail easily accesible by tram/metro from downtown Oslo :)

XpeteX

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Oslo, No(r)way
yup! they're pretty awesome in that respect. :thumb:
I've been told that the Stockholm metro don't?

more pics?
at the opening of Oslo's own Frognerseteren Freeride Festival earlier this year.

(too bad I don't have a picture of the 50++ riders who jumped out the stairs in front of the royal palace)
later that same weekend: a downhill race on the metro-accesible trails with 4-man heats, called the "FastRide"

(both pictures by Erik Kjelsrud)

Wait let me get this straight... you live in a place with awsome mountains, the ocean, excellent XC trails, cool looking DH races, super ridiculously long days in the summers AND beautiful blond women?

You are quite possible one of the luckiest people on earth. :eviltongu

Im thinking roadtrip.... Now i just have to find a way around that pesky Atlantic Thingy. :think: :think:

Snorre p

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
Lillehammer/oyer, Norway
Pierke - send me and e-mail and i`ll help you out.
Pretty much the hole of norway is coverd with sweet singeltrack routs markt
whit an red or blue "T" painted on rocks and trees to guid you around.
If you gone travel around, we can help you with and "highlights of norway tour".

Snorre

XpeteX

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Oslo, No(r)way
Snorre p said:
Pierke - send me and e-mail and i`ll help you out.
Pretty much the hole of norway is coverd with sweet singeltrack routs markt
whit an red or blue "T" painted on rocks and trees to guid you around.
If you gone travel around, we can help you with and "highlights of norway tour".

Snorre
I really like how this board is getting totally overrun by Norwegians
:thumb:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
XpeteX said:
So how'd you get all the Crips and Bloods to ride together? Anybody get a cap busted in their ass? j/k :D That guy in the front cracks me up.

I've been to Norway, but never rode there. Would love to someday.

XpeteX

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Oslo, No(r)way
As long as we promised 'em icecream after the ride they were cool about riding together :p
The guy in the front there would be Rufus, a jolly Brit we bring along for these events (actually, he's the guy who came up with the Frognerseteren Freeride Festival-thing). That guy wielding a DV cam, wearing a red tshirt would be me

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
We guided around 70 riders in Lillehammer this weekend. Pretty sweet place, all pics by Eirik.

Eirik and Sveinung driving up to Skeikampen

Øyvind and Truls had to share a bed, how romantic...

A bunch of riders getting ready for the 6hour trailride

We'er going to ride that whole ridge in the back...

crosstrails...trail still on top of that ridge as well

Pretty sick view, that's me with the black Giro

Oh the singletrack...

Dude...

More Singletrack

Marius singletrackin'

and climbing

Clearing a technical piece

afterride

Foooood

Beeer

WTF?? Again?

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Geir Anders took some sweet pics as well...

Henrik and Kristoffer riding a sweet singletrack

Kristoffer dropping in

..words?

Rasmus on singletrack heaven

again, pretty nice

Food and beer :D

XpeteX

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Oslo, No(r)way
how 'bout some more pics?

from a ride last night:
Me taking a bit of a breather mid-downhill ;)

In the middle of the woods: a set of stairs. pretty tricky stuff

Perfectly rideable though. Joar cruisin' down on his Chameleon

Still cruisin'

Mads workin his way down on his hotrod Merida

"Okay.. enough taking pictures allready, now you try, Pete"

"Tiiiimber"

The aftermath..

the perserverence on this guy is amazing, I think he tried 6 or 7 tries before nailing it:

We rode for about 1.5-2 hours more, but we had way too much fun riding to bother taking pictures :)

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
T Hansen is soo good, it's hard to belive. He's such a comlete rider too. BMX freestyle, HT jibbing, MASSIVE hucking, Norwegian DH champion 04 etc.

e

Trond said:
I just had to post this...local Trond G. Hansen 360-stepup.

Pic by Erik Kjelsrud

Well...I'm somewhat speechless and creamin' in my pants here. Mtn's, Ocean, River's, lakes, endless views, sick singletrack, DH, and ski resorts. Why the heck do I live in Tacoma, WA? Oh wait, we got that too ;)

Not quiet as epic I have to say!!! That place is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!
I can't believe that 360 step-up

I need to find out where these places are so that I can come up to your wonderful country adn enjoy some GREAT riding and hopefully some local cuisine from Norway/Sweden. SO if you could, please, please please, let us know where all these trails are and how to get to them, or who to ask abou them....

Thanks bro...

XpeteX

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Oslo, No(r)way
genpowell71 said:
I need to find out where these places are so that I can come up to your wonderful country adn enjoy some GREAT riding and hopefully some local cuisine from Norway/Sweden. SO if you could, please, please please, let us know where all these trails are and how to get to them, or who to ask abou them....

Thanks bro...
well.. since most (not all, but most) of the guys from Norway who post on the monkey live in Oslo I'd say that about 8/10 of all the stuff you've seen here is from either Oslo or within 2-3 hours of riding a car (on roads most americans would find "interresting" :) )

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Before I can ride no longer (read: pass on), I must ride in Norway.:drool:

Hammerfest sounds like a cool place to ride for sure - especially since it's above the Arctic Circle. Got studded tires?;)

Seriously, this is one of the best threads that I have ever milled thru on any riding site. It's nice to know that although I live in a very good area for riding and close to mtb Mecca (North Shore/Whistler/Moab/MORE), there are other places around the globe that are just as challenging (if not more in some places) and fun. Speaking of which, it appears that you folks definitely know how to have fun and enjoy the 'good life'.

Thanks for sharing, Trond (and others)!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
how in farkin' hell did I miss this thread? WOW!!! holy jebesuz nice scenery batman!! talk about prime trails!!

thanks for the pics...keep em coming! :thumb: