Quantcast

<o>Foggy Thursday <o>

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So this is the right one:

The TTV Road/Fourier/Propel setup has an incorrect noodler and pad height. It's hard to tell the difference as they are visually identical unless you have spent the last three days pouring over catalogs and ebay listings.

Pinging @Gary isn't a bad idea. It'll be like $100 all said and ton, which is a tough pill to swallow. Hongfu wants $75 for it, but I'm unsure whether they really have it or not. I'm just feeling out all options right now, including being OK with my old frame and not dealing with it!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Rough sleep. Too much anxiety. I told myself I wanted to do a thing I’ve been thinking about for too long to not do it. I put the wheels in motion last night, and now I’ve gotta do some other things to prepare.

It is strange how my brain will be all fired up to do a thing and I’ll be certain it’s a good idea, and then that same brain will slam on the brakes and scream “why are we doing this?!”

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
run of shit weather continues here. freezing rain. kids are going stir crazy. going to meet an ex who now lives in Germany but is in town visiting her parents. we're going to bring our (respective) kids to a trampoline park this afternoon.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Poking around at my taxes and realized that I never got my tax refund from last year. Not a significant amount of money but WTF? E-filing status is still "Accepted".

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Keeping in line with today's themes: Gray and rainy outside, slept poorly last night due to baby's insistence on continually making strange noises. No weird TT brake troubles, fortunately. FTS is strong today.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yet another reason why my refunds are always negative.

I have tried to go that way but unless I falsely claim dependents I have the most deductions allowed on my W-2. Will have to look into the legality of claiming dependants for deductions without filing any.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Car got stolen in the night. I’m on hold with the LAPD now. It’s going to be a long hold (15 minutes so far).
That blows.

Seattle has a website to report crimes the police will do nothing about but where you need a police report.

Have noticed some strange cars with missing parts parked in front of my house for long periods of time. Was starting to wonder if they were part of a theft operation but I think they are just from a repair shop down the street that has no real parking lot.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Mucho downpour this AM, back-yard is under about 3" of water, at least its enough to melt the dog shit on my lawn I've been lagging on picking up.

Really wish the previous owners of my place had hired competent cement guys though, the patio slab they poured is graded the wrong way and pools by the house instead of running off into the neighbor's plants. Noobs could have at least put in a drain out to the street or french drain under what used to be the front lawn.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Pinging @Gary isn't a bad idea. It'll be like $100 all said and ton, which is a tough pill to swallow. Hongfu wants $75 for it, but I'm unsure whether they really have it or not. I'm just feeling out all options right now, including being OK with my old frame and not dealing with it!
have only skim read the thread but happy to help if you need parts forwarded from here.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Skied two laps at the local low angle backcountry zone… I’m out of ski uphill shape and now my legs are tired. Beautiful day out there, just gorgeous. I was too busy sucking wind trying to keep up with my partner to take any pics, but he got a few. I’ll post if he sends a couple over. I guess it’s time for working now. Boo. Hiss.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Good news - a friend is coming to take me to the police station to file a report.
Gooder news - I’ve been thinking about a new car this year and insurance says they might pay over KBB Value on my claim, which would kick ass over a trade in value or personal sale.

Less than good - new car insurance rates will double with a new ride. I’m considering a Volvo XC40 or similar, such as a RAV4. The RAV4 isn’t much cheaper for insurance, but it’s a lower sticker and maintenance cost, and at the pump (87 vs 91 I believe, and better city mileage).

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
…no hooks or guitars or business papers were lost. Only two compilation CDs of death metal and industrial, along with my reusable shopping bags.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So this is the right one:

The TTV Road/Fourier/Propel setup has an incorrect noodler and pad height. It's hard to tell the difference as they are visually identical unless you have spent the last three days pouring over catalogs and ebay listings.

Have you tried asking on slowtwitch.com it's the all trigeek forum.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Good news - a friend is coming to take me to the police station to file a report.
Gooder news - I’ve been thinking about a new car this year and insurance says they might pay over KBB Value on my claim, which would kick ass over a trade in value or personal sale.

Less than good - new car insurance rates will double with a new ride. I’m considering a Volvo XC40 or similar, such as a RAV4. The RAV4 isn’t much cheaper for insurance, but it’s a lower sticker and maintenance cost, and at the pump (87 vs 91 I believe, and better city mileage).
Sorry to hear about your car getting stolen. That sucks, unless of course it was full of dead hookers and used crack baby wrappers that were to be recycled.

Back in June when a deer decided to attack my Honda Element on the highway I wound up getting a 2022 Rav4. It’s pretty cool. Feel free to pick my brain about it. 9.5/10 would do again.