Quantcast

(o)(o) Derp Derp (o)(o)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Got going early to squeeze a last ride before snow. It was windy as heck and got my face sandblasted.

Now breakfasting.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We got 5" of snow last night which is our first real snowfall in three months. I'll venture outside for a jog in a bit. Wife got out early for some XC skiing but I had to stay behind due to work meetings. BOOOOOO!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: I too don't want to adult today, but I have to.

I think I know the answer but is it possible to pull back carpet from the wall line tacks and actually ever get it back on again?

I've never installed carpet so don't know the nuances of the stretch
considering this may happen again someday, ditch the carpet for flooring that doesn't turn into a bacteria petri dish?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I think I know the answer but is it possible to pull back carpet from the wall line tacks and actually ever get it back on again?

I've never installed carpet so don't know the nuances of the stretch
Yes, but trying to get it back on tight and without wrinkles sucks ass. Not impossible though.

Careful of the tack strips though, those things are deadly.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
The snow last night covered up most of the mud. It actually looks pretty outside…from the chair next to the wood stove.

Wife needs to make deliveries in Portland today. Currently debating hiding the keys…

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So some observations between the whole big company vs small company.

Big company: 2 flavors of pump coffee, ice dispenser multiple bathrooms.

Small company: shitty single serve coffee pot that leaks like crazy, two ice cube trays in the freezer, communal bathroom down the hall.

Also, I don't have my fob yet, so this is my key. I don't carry it with me, I stash it inside by the door. :rofl:

PXL_20230227_175636868.jpg

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Morning Monkeys.

So some observations between the whole big company vs small company.

Big company: 2 flavors of pump coffee, ice dispenser multiple bathrooms.

Small company: shitty single serve coffee pot that leaks like crazy, two ice cube trays in the freezer, communal bathroom down the hall.

Also, I don't have my fob yet, so this is my key. I don't carry it with me, I stash it inside by the door. :rofl:

View attachment 190162
That's some nice looking dry carpet you got there.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Apparently when this business park was first being developed, all the offices were single story. Plainar wanted to be special, so they had 2 three story buildings built. Then the .com crash and they never moved in. We are in the 3rd floor on the south end of the east building. The building has been sold over a half dozen times since 2000.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
'woo, why aren't you and your partner going through your home insurance for all this water remediation business?

/me is working in house (aka at the hospital). Pancreatic cancer day as it's Tuesday.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
First round of shoveling done. May not need another, but ice melt crap down later. In making roast red pepper/onion/tomato/artichoke soup to go with the leftover cheesy mashed potatoes from yesterday.

Little/younger DSO had her first experience with decent snow. She is now completely crapped out in her bed after having all the zoomies.

Fat biking it tomorrow. Roads are a shit show ATM to be able to get to close trails.

Edit: making this as well.

20230228_133454.jpg
20230228_133312.jpg

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Received a light dusting of snow last night. Flooring is all dry. Mostly bullshit on tap until shuttling children about. But they are on the bus and I have coffee.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got up early because I just did. I had to take all the chicken carcasses out of my neighbor's freezer. So I made a half gallon of stock. It smells pretty awesome. All the vegetables are chopped and ready to go. I am making Pho so I can just take out a jar of stock and add ramen noodles. My order from Snake River farms showed up. 4 lbs of American Waygu Bavette. Just need Bourbon to make the marinade/sauce.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
'woo, why aren't you and your partner going through your home insurance for all this water remediation business?
technically deniable because of existence of ice dams

first things first yo. When it snows like this priorities shift a little.....have to make sure we can leave the damn house if needed

Neighbors asking me if they can buy gas because the gas stations all emptied out two days ago :rofl: