Quantcast

Official e.13 taco has arrived

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The official, DW sanctioned and engineered e.13 Taco is here. No more homemade bashguards and excess weight. Full writeup coming shortly.

This one is a pre production sample, so ignore the iffy last minute printing.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Thanks for this Fraser...I was just asking about this in another thread so funny how many folks were saying 'Christ will come before we see a production taco' :rolleyes:...

Looks good and simple.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
not even Tapatio would make that tasty.
No tortilla, no steak, no onions......no care!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I was picturing a soft, translucent/smoked Tuffmax shell filled with high-tech, juicy-delicious carnitas...

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
my feeling is that the weight difference is negligable.

the biggest advantage of the production taco is that people won't be throwing plastic in the trash.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
But hitting your lower boomerang DOES mess up ISCG mounts.

I guess that's the only complaint I've got about my Socom so far. I've got an LG-1 and while Riding at Keystone I hit a rock on the boomerang and it peeled the ISCG mounts up just a tad. The tack weld holding the top most tab of the ISCG mount cracked and created about a 1-2mm gap.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
my feeling is that the weight difference is negligable.

the biggest advantage of the production taco is that people won't be throwing plastic in the trash.
It is probably less than half of the weight. I will try and find a scale tonight. It is MUCH lighter just holding it in your hands, noticeably so.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Sah-weet! I hope it sits closer to the chainring than my current hacked up Supercharger does. I've had sticks and crap make their way into that gap.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
It is probably less than half of the weight. I will try and find a scale tonight. It is MUCH lighter just holding it in your hands, noticeably so.
For reference a chopped taco is 80g + 20g for the mounting hardware. Looks great. If it cost the 1/2 price of a taco that would be good too!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
It works for some frames that have really beefy ISCG tabs built into the BB shell. I have had frames with a tack welded ring and I broken them completely off while using a LG guide. For me, my current setup and my hack-a-tron style the SRS is better. But it works great for others.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ya, I believe the iscg05 standard includes all the proper specs for not getting lame, noodly ISCG mounts. Plenty of manufacturers tend to ignore these, unfortunately.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Who?

...and does anyone know if a bent/cracked ISCG mount is something that Intense would warranty for free?
my guess would be that hitting your taco, bashguard, whatever you have on there into the ground hard enough to bend, break, or crack the ISCG tabs does NOT constitute a manufacturer's defect.

back on track, i have seen E13 taco's crack into peices with no damage whatsoever to the ISCG tabs. of course this was on a frame with properly designed tabs.

another plus of the taco is that it is eliminates bent cranks arm spiders (problem i always had running the SRS setup), and lets you get away with running a lighter crank s a result

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
my guess would be that hitting your taco, bashguard, whatever you have on there into the ground hard enough to bend, break, or crack the ISCG tabs does NOT constitute a manufacturer's defect.

I understand that. I didn't hit it that hard though. The chain and chainring hit rocks several times on the same section of trail when I was at Keystone. Never had a problem with the chain and chainring and didn't notice the chainguide being messed up until later. I don't know if it hit one of the times when I hit the chainring on the rocks or not. I can't recall a moment when I hit the chainguide.