Quantcast

Official e.13 taco has arrived

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
so how come no one from e13 has replied back about multiple people never getting their taco that was supposed to be supplied?

Fraser, i checked the e13 site a week ago and the taco wasn't shown. When did you update it?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The Taco only comes on 2008 guides. You need to check with the shop/distributor as they may still have old stock (which doesn't include the taco).

The site was updated just under 2 weeks ago. Fresh reload for the win.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Is the Taco available as an after market hop up for pre 08 guides?

Thanks

S
It Certainly is, check your LBS and I'm sure they can get it for you. Although, I checked QBP's website earlier today and it showed them in all colors but it said they were out of stock so it might be a week or so before QBP actually gets them.

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
E.13 website has this pic up for the LG-1. Looks yummy. Just got my SRS though so I'll wait it out, maybe try and pick up the parts to switch to an LG-1 when the WC comes to town.

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
whats the final weight of official taco?

P.S. The weight has probably been said, but I'm much too lazy to search through 9 pages of (probably) useless banter:imstupid:

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
[RD] Dood rotate ya backplate counterclockwise a bit [/RD]
ahahaha, nice one Joe. I have grown so tired of having to do that over the year. Can someone please do it for me? I must have posted links to set up info 100x. almost done with school?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
<--- Still bummed that his LG1 he got for christmas never came with a taco.

Sorry, I just had to vent again after seeing the pretty picture.

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
So if prices are the same for the LG1 07 and 08 and you bought an 07, can you call e13 and have them sand you a taco?
I don't think it'll work that way.
I've been looking around at the LG1 parts tree to convert an SRS to an LG1, it's pretty expensive. Plus whatever the price of the taco is.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I've been looking around at the LG1 parts tree to convert an SRS to an LG1, it's pretty expensive. Plus whatever the price of the taco is.
?? I think TK is asking if he's already got an 07 LG1, can ethirteen just send him a taco since the 08s are going for the same price and include a taco.

I'm guessing probably not though, since that would be a huge cost to do that for everyone that ethirteen hadn't planned for.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
yeah just the top and bottom rollers are like 95$ cad (msrp)...

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
?? I think TK is asking if he's already got an 07 LG1, can ethirteen just send him a taco since the 08s are going for the same price and include a taco.
Yeah I don't think so either. I wasn't totally clear. I have an SRS and would eventually go to an LG1 once the taco is more widly availible. That's why I spoke about the parts tree.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Right.

Can someone point us all in the right direction for one of these taco'd 08 LG1s?

We are being told they are ("in fact") available, but beyondbikes, go-ride and pricepoint are not showing up anything. Google it and you will be directed here to RM.

How about someone put us out of our misery and tell us where to buy one. And not in red.

Cheers.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Right.

Can someone point us all in the right direction for one of these taco'd 08 LG1s?

We are being told they are ("in fact") available, but beyondbikes, go-ride and pricepoint are not showing up anything. Google it and you will be directed here to RM.

How about someone put us out of our misery and tell us where to buy one. And not in red.

Cheers.

They are not yet available through any of the wholesale distributors. In fact they are out of almost all e.thirteen product (chainrings, sts, drs are all at minimal levels) as well as many other products from other mfg.

My guess is, it is just a matter of middle-of-winter down time in the bike biz. In another month or so, I would expect (hope) that stocks come up a bit.

I dont know if mfg are not able to supply product, or distributors dont want to take product this early...either way, it a potential loss of sales for all.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I believe the first batch shipped out to distributors weeks ago, but probably disappeared right away. Between meeting OEM demand and new product changes, it takes a bit to stock the shelves.

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
I wonder if it's "possible" to use a hand made taco that would be made of an alu bashguard for the weight weenies or it would EXPLODE on the first hit.
Anyone??

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
Yes, it is possible. A normal metal bashguard, providing it isn't a flimsy piece of crap (mrp?) will work fine. For slalom or XC/trail riding, where you dont need a taco in the first place, you could just use an aluminum chainring with the teeth ground off...for the "just in case".